Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We all grew up on it. But eventually we became adults.

Then again, on my bux last year we toured all these hipster breweries with passionfruit beer and shit like that. We ended up going to the leagues club and drank VB for most of the night.
Haha you saying I'm not grown up?

In actual fact I stopped drinking alcohol many years ago. But still don't like people giving my good friend VB shit ;)

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A co-worker the other day told me that it's a big beat up and it's no worse than a mild flu. I pulled him over to my desk and showed him the infection data, the death rate, details from medical experts and epidemiologists saying that it's a lot worse than a seasonal flu.

He said, "shit. Could be bad then"

5 minutes later I hear him saying to another colleague, "seriously man. It's such a beat up. This is just another flu"

People don't understand until it impacts them.
Mate, I have heard others say the exact same..over reaction...media driven scaremongering. Statistics are a wonderful thing as we all know and they can be misinterpreted but honestly how can people say this is not real and that it is not serious. Maybe they think it is movie being made involving the whole world.....The stats for the Spanish Flu of 100 years ago put the mortality rate in the tens of millions...nah nothing to see here...move along...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
PS on the martial law part that some of us were discussing earlier, I think it's still plausible.

I say this is because they used to the dumb fucks on Bondi Beach to tighten the lock down rules.

100% people will still break the new lockdown rules causing (or allowing) them to stamp down harder.
I don't know whether it is coincidence or not, but coming back home from town noticed a lot of police activity in our little part of the world. I am tipping some sort of curfews in place and maybe a system like they had for water restrictions etc. odds and evens for shopping necessities. Questions probably asked of travelers as to what their business is.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There were some crazy photos coming fron Vic and NSW of huge queues at bottlos, but I think Qld is still quiet as we aren't expected to go into lockdown until after 6pm next Saturday when the polling booths close in the council elections.
I didnt think about that, wonder if there is any merit to it.
Do you know what the fine is for not voting?
So much can happen between now and then.
I really dont want to vote, dont know who any of them are are what their about anyway.

A

Alexander the Great

And Manly today also they had to shut it down.
Cronulla also was packed but no media covered it

Seriously they should be all shot for putting us at further risk.
PS on the martial law part that some of us were discussing earlier, I think it's still plausible.

I say this is because they used to the dumb fucks on Bondi Beach to tighten the lock down rules.

100% people will still break the new lockdown rules causing (or allowing) them to stamp down harder.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My mate who I travel with loves his Lego he is in lockdown having a ball lol we have board,games puzzles model kits ready for the lockdown because I reakon the internet will be overloaded imagine how people will react with only 500 rolls of toilet paper on no Instagram?
I imagine that the load will also be heavy on telephone etc. Can you imagine having to ring a bank to talk about how you can get through this or even Centrelink.?
I am going to have a Pandemic movie marathon including those gems like The Walking Dead, Pandemic, Outbreak, Contagion,28 Days later, 28 weeks later, World war Z,12 Monkeys;Resident Evil, The Stand, Andromeda Strain; Quarantine, Cabin Fever just to name a few. I have them all on DVD and I am sure that ones I don't have will be available on Netflix.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well here we go. Prime Minister to hold press conference at 9 pm...........

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Poor scomo hasn't had any rest, he is probably thinking he should have just stayed in Hawaii.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys follow US politics much ... imagine it's hard enough following Australia's!

Withouth picking sides ... I think it's clear to most that Trump isn't the best at communicating with people. Seen A LOT of commentary on his public announcements etc. and the damage it's doing to the public perception of this virus situation.

He has public briefings sharing news every day, and literally every down these briefings are pretty much a session of guessing what's true or not. He gives out so many falsehoods that people have no idea what to believe. Whether it be that they've already got the cure, to the virus not being bad / being bad / etc. etc. What this does is makes the public really not trust the experts on things, and just go about life as normal. Large reason why the US is getting absolutely slammed atm and will only get worse.

Australia has been exactly the same though perhaps not as extreme in falsehoods and stupidity. However, the results will be the same and already are when you look at Bondi beach for example. It's just rooted all Australians' thinking.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Poor scomo hasn't had any rest, he is probably thinking he should have just stayed in Hawaii.
He can't win. People are still having a go at him now. I for one would not want his job for quids.

A

Alexander the Great

The first Prime Minister to actually earn their salary.

Doubt the bloke has slept much with the fires and now this.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The schools are closed for 6 months

EDIT fake news or ScuMo is bullshitting

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hmmm, talking about military personnel to ensure lock down...

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Stage 1 of lockdown - reviewed every 6 months

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There will be staged responses and I reckon that things will get tougher as the situation evolves. A six month time frame at least...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck imagine if this was Albanese or Abbott giving this speech, they'd be a blubbering mess "uh uh social uh uh distance, ummm arrr"

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Stage 1 - closed from midday tomorrow - clubs, hotels, pubs.

Bottleshops open.

Take away food only, deliveries ok

Status
Not open for further replies.