Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay will be here til Round 8 next year at an absolute minimum.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Covid19 may save his job for this season also , if reports of the NRL being suspended are true.
Yeh even though NRL management have said it will go on I really doubt that.
Most things are going into lockdown, anything non essential
Prime minister thinks cvid19 will go on for atleast 6 months.
So pretty soon I see the NRL doing the same

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope is don’t think so man. If we miss the 8 again, 3 failed years and they give him another year? Bahahaha
I don’t consider the past 2 years failures under the circumstances. We exceeded expectations.

2021 is the money year. If we’re not performing next year then his position will be threatened.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay will be here til Round 8 next year at an absolute minimum.
What makes you so sure? Why Round 8? If they re-sign him (which they won't), it would be for two years minimum so it wouldn't make sense to fire him 8 weeks in.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t consider the past 2 years failures under the circumstances. We exceeded expectations.

2021 is the money year. If we’re not performing next year then his position will be threatened.
Hahahaha that’s a joke right?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Seriously mate??
He would have cost us 1M.
The current crop have cost us 2m plus Mpc plus mad Monday plus fines from the nrl..
If we are looking at this from a monetary perspective.
Better letting dogs lie than spruiking about latrell after 2 games
Salary cap though

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What makes you so sure? Why Round 8? If they re-sign him (which they won't), it would be for two years minimum so it wouldn't make sense to fire him 8 weeks in.
This season won’t last. And for that reason he’ll get a 1 year extension due to this year being a washout.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
October will be a busy month for maternity ward

Lots of kids around world will be named Corona

Corona if it's a boy, Corolla if it's a girl. with Toyota and AB InBev more than doubling the Newborn Upfront Payment and Newborn Supplement currently
received :grinning:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This season is a write off so unless we get some opportunity to snag a massive name, just keep Dean in his job until the end of the season. He absolutely cannot be the coach after that though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This season won’t last. And for that reason he’ll get a 1 year extension due to this year being a washout.
It probably won't. But why wouldn't they use that opportunity to move on?

He hasn't been extended so they obviously aren't convinced about him and he's started off this season as poor as the last two so why would they give him yet another year?

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: he has as long as the contract he sign finishes........................fark

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
From memory he extended a year ago into 2022?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
That's all I was saying! To be honest he was one of my favourites when he had a consistent role but that was only between 96 and 98 or so.

To be fair he did have Timu and McCracken in front of him for a while. Then Steven Hughes played a while in the centres.. Even Shane Martenee. I'm pretty sure Talau debuted in 98 and was a huge addition to the squad.. And then not long after we signed Tonga from Parra and that was the end of Ryan..

I'm glad we could see eye to eye Nasheed! ;)
Now that I think harder about it, as much as I loved him, I wasn't that upset to see him leave. Back then I sousing get very upset if a fav of mine retired but. I don't remember crying over him, which means he must have had a lean season or two at the end.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL incompetence is legendary, but V’landys is a higher caliber Chairman than we have had for decades. The risk minimisation measures they are employing by team and NRL doctors monitoring players’ daily, regular testing, isolating them, using chartered planes, direct point to point, no stay overs, no outside contact, etc etc are smart. Of course one confirmed player case and the house of cards collapses. But until then there is no reason to halt the competition.

The AFL is different, for a start they rely much more (% wise) on the money from fans attending games than we do. Locking out fans makes their games less sustainable, whereas we can survive as long as we have games to broadcast. The business models are quite different.

For once I think the NRL has a demonstrably better strategy then the AFL and they don’t like it one little bit.

Go Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.