Opinion Reshuffled 17

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's crazy aye. Harper is by far the better option at centre yet Pay still persists with Smith. It was obvious from the very beginning that Smith was far more suited to the wing yet Pay fucked around and gave him a run there because???

It's just exhausting yet so many on here constantly want to protect him with and blame the cap for all these issue. Yh it's far from ideal but he actually had the right players in the right positions executing the right roles then I'm certain the team and individuals would look a lot better than some give them credit for.
It's absolutely fucked how often he gets the lineups and interchanges wrong.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are people still persisting with Tolman in there starting lineups. It's time to move on. His a powder puff. All our fowards including our middles need to run lines and Tolman can't.

1. Dwz (last chance)
2. Meaney
3. Harper
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Averilo
7. Wakeham
8. Napa
9. Jmk
10. Renouf
11. Jackson
12. Rfm
13. Elliott

14. Katoa
15. Tolman
16. Britt
17. Ogden

Much bigger stronger starting pack.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
By round 5 we will know whether the coach needs to be reshuffled.

I'd like to see us go for a young coach who has fresh ideas. Not harking back to the old days. We need a forward thinking coach who is going to get our spine enjoying their footy.

At the moment there are zero offloads and one out running. Slow motion football, nothing happening around the ruck either.

Reactions: GDR

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Meaney
Smith
Hopoate
Harper
DWZ
Averillo
Cogger
Napa
Katoa
Toamanga
Jackson
Elliott
Tolman

JMK
Ogden
RFM
Stimson (can’t think of anyone else)

DogsNuts

Waterboy
Reaction score
Plenty of players off contract next year. I vote we stitch up Ponga, AddoCarr, Staggs, Milford, DWalker & Sivo asap.
JMK, LL gooone!

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
I say there has to be the right players in the right positions. As mentioned without Corey, Jayden and Foran we have definitely lost a bit of sting in attack.

But however I will say the boys have done well thus far after two rounds. Yes it’s positional problems but more so it’s the bad discipline and errors the boys are making.

If you look at our 17 who have played the first two rounds compared to the 17 in Parramatta and Cowboys with the high profiles and experiences they have we should be getting smashed but it’s been close.

Give time for boys to gel they will get there. Keep the Faith

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Staggs scored a hat trick last night. Harper kept him very quiet when we played them. Even in the trials Harper showed more than Smith.

Pay continues with picking the wrong fucking lineup. He's done it EVERY single year.
He eventually starts picking the right team when the season is virtually over..

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. Meaney
3. Harper
4. DWZ
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
9. Katoa
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. Elliott
13. Tolman

14. JMK
15. Britt
16. RFM
17. Ogden

I honestly don't know wtf to do with hooker and you could start either of the two I guess, but the unfortunate reality is that we need to use two hookers. Katoa is so erratic but is capable of executing the role at times while JMK is just incredibly average and really doesn't offer anything more than okay passing and good defence.

Hoppa, Averillo and Wakeham gives us 3 ball players across the spine and while I am tempted to see Meaney get a run at fullback I would prefer to go with Hoppa as we know he can support our young halves.

Backline reshuffle, forward pack reshuffle, etc...just about getting players into roles better suited to them and the team for the time being and finding a better balance. May have issues with the reshuffle but it isn't as if we're breaking up any worthwhile combinations.
The more i think about it. The more i think wtf is Pay doing.

That team although isnt perfect. Is the best we could field. Would give us many more options. Just fmd. He needs to be axed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The more i think about it. The more i think wtf is Pay doing.

That team although isnt perfect. Is the best we could field. Would give us many more options. Just fmd. He needs to be axed.
It's frustrating because the squad is already very limited yet Pay goes ahead and and further limits it with his selections and tactics. That's why I'll never be on side with him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can the CEO/footy board start giving Pay some tips on his likely future prospects.

The team Sancho put up is clearly a better team than Pay's picks.

The question is who can persuade Pay to pick the best team.

Would our Admin take the big step of directing him to change his selections?

There's plenty of ex- internationals on our Board, no one likes to interfere with a coach, but I'm wondering if they need to for his sake, and the club's.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. Meaney
3. Harper
4. DWZ
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
9. Katoa
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. Elliott
13. Tolman

14. JMK
15. Britt
16. RFM
17. Ogden

I honestly don't know wtf to do with hooker and you could start either of the two I guess, but the unfortunate reality is that we need to use two hookers. Katoa is so erratic but is capable of executing the role at times while JMK is just incredibly average and really doesn't offer anything more than okay passing and good defence.

Hoppa, Averillo and Wakeham gives us 3 ball players across the spine and while I am tempted to see Meaney get a run at fullback I would prefer to go with Hoppa as we know he can support our young halves.

Backline reshuffle, forward pack reshuffle, etc...just about getting players into roles better suited to them and the team for the time being and finding a better balance. May have issues with the reshuffle but it isn't as if we're breaking up any worthwhile combinations.
Now this is a good team

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very similar team to mine Marley though I think I went Meaney fullback otherwise spot on

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. dWZ 2. Meaney 3. Hoppa 4. Harper (or holland) 5. Smith 6. Cogger 7. Wakeham 9.jmk 17 averillo . This is our best option right now.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can the CEO/footy board start giving Pay some tips on his likely future prospects.

The team Sancho put up is clearly a better team than Pay's picks.

The question is who can persuade Pay to pick the best team.

Would our Admin take the big step of directing him to change his selections?

There's plenty of ex- internationals on our Board, no one likes to interfere with a coach, but I'm wondering if they need to for his sake, and the club's.
If the board has to come in and tell the coach how to do the job then perhaps it's the time for a new coach.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In my opinion our best side on paper is:

1. Hopoate
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. DWZ
5. Meaney
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. To'omaga

14. Kotoa
15. Britt
16. Elliot
17. Ogden

I don't think Hopoate is our long term solution at fullback but for the time being he is our best option, I'd like to see us reignite the Holland/Smith partnership which had success at the back end of 2018. RFM and To'omaga are players that can break a game open with footwork or an offload and they need to be given consistent minutes. Elliot has had a strong start to the year and I think could be effective coming off the bench and help us stay/get on the front foot with his strong runs.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman bench. Renouf prop Elliott lock. Can't argue with the rest. Tolman is a powder puff it's time to move on. Napa renouf Jackson Rfm Elliott is a more dynamic starting pack. No place for an ineffective Tolman. All the others run good lines Tolman can't.
In my opinion our best side on paper is:

1. Hopoate
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. DWZ
5. Meaney
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. To'omaga

14. Kotoa
15. Britt
16. Elliot
17. Ogden

I don't think Hopoate is our long term solution at fullback but for the time being he is our best option, I'd like to see us reignite the Holland/Smith partnership which had success at the back end of 2018. RFM and To'omaga are players that can break a game open with footwork or an offload and they need to be given consistent minutes. Elliot has had a strong start to the year and I think could be effective coming off the bench and help us stay/get on the front foot with his strong runs.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Dwz
3. Harper
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham