News Wayne Bennett forced to admit Latrell Mitchell may not be number one

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay could learn something from Wayne.

Do what's best for the team based on performance.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did we dodge a bullet or what!

Where are the people that wanted to give him the Leagues Club and pay "overs" to get him here now!
i was one. So far he’s looked cooked. Glad it’s not us paying him at the moment

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Youd think having a disruptive pre season and wanting fb hed be putting the kms into his legs but instead he goes to taree to go jetski ,alot of talent but not much heart or work ethic
Honestly, fuck Latrell. When his career goes pear shaped it's on him at the end of the day for being a lazy prick and not working his butt off to make a difference in his team.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Speaking from experience, sometimes when you're in a bidding war and trying to decide on employers you forget you have to do a job. Speaking from experience.

latrell has that Nathan Blacklock, Mundine, Inglis, Craigie, Mcgrady and Idris mentality.

not sure what the common link is but there's a fragile mentality running through.

Hes putting on flab at a rapid rate too.

These guys don't have the right mentors. People to whip them into line. I feel they are pandered too.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Speaking from experience, sometimes when you're in a bidding war and trying to decide on employers you forget you have to do a job. Speaking from experience.

latrell has that Nathan Blacklock, Mundine, Inglis, Craigie, Mcgrady and Idris mentality.

not sure what the common link is but there's a fragile mentality running through.

These guys don't have the right mentors. People to whip them into line. I feel they are pandered too.
There's a common link and we all know what it is but in a PC world no-one can say it.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In the sheds after the game he had his shirt off, he looked over weight.
He looked nothing like an elite athlete
His belly button looked sad :p

ability of the best but body of Jamal idris. I still wouldn’t write him off. He just needs someone to get him off the junk food and get him eating right. Probably needs a few months to regain fitness and then might be a viable fullback. But right now too fat and unfit.

And if you look at his brother you know nutrition doesn’t run highly in the family :/

But all he needs is a Mundine or SBW or someone. Professionals in their mindset and training to get him disciplined and Get him close to his potential. If he will ever get there is anyone’s guess. But these 70m Games are embarrassing as a centre. Let alone as a fullback.

Guy is so unfit and lazy that he doesn’t have the heart to push through exhaustion. And I think the empty stadiums affects him too. Seems uninterested even though he got his way with his contracts and even walked into the position he wanted even though he is so far out of shape it’s embarrassing.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully Pay will realize Remis is not a centre. Just like Bennett admits Latrell is not a fullback

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a direct correlation between his weight increasing and his value plummeting and it can all be tied back to his attitude. The fact it's all turning to shit for him and that scum club is a thing of beauty.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said grab him but not as FB.
Yeah me too.

Short bursts of high intensity, not running, talking and directing all game - doesn't suit him.
Rorters had him dialled, Manu is 10x the player he is.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly, fuck Latrell. When his career goes pear shaped it's on him at the end of the day for being a lazy prick and not working his butt off to make a difference in his team.
When his career goes pear shaped he will most likely blame the white man for his failures and we’ll all be forced to say SORRY!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LOL................

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...tkXc0biAGzV9RUifrnnGTL6W8picqLU4O8f2QzYsF2uJ0

Latrell Mitchell is set to become embroiled in yet another contract saga, and one that threatens to put his very future as a Rabbitoh at risk.

Signed from the Roosters late into the pre-season after months of speculation, Mitchell is likely to endure more conjecture owing to his underwhelming start to life as a Bunny.

Mitchell only signed a one-year deal with the Bunnies at the time, but the club has an option in its favour valued at around $800,000 per year.

Since switching from the Roosters to Redfern, the NSW and Kangaroos representative has been below par in his adjustment to life as a fullback.

He has had little chance to put things right, either, with the coronavirus shutdown putting the game on ice.

Souths reportedly don’t want to pay that amount of money given the jury is still out on Mitchell’s suitability to play fullback.

And, at $800,000 per year, they won’t want him to play in the centres.
Mitchell’s three cameos at fullback in cardinal and myrtle have failed to hit the highs of last year’s stunning pre-Origin form that he displayed with the Chooks.

Against the Dragons in the Charity Shield, Mitchell showed good glimpses.

But in Round 1 against Cronulla he was benched after less than an hour.

In Round 2 against Brisbane he was shifted to the centres midway through the game, with Alex Johnston starring from the bench and upstaging Mitchell.

By not signing the extension, Souths have the ability to renegotiate Mitchell’s deal on cheaper terms.

However, they also run the risk of rival clubs making a bid for his services.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL................

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...tkXc0biAGzV9RUifrnnGTL6W8picqLU4O8f2QzYsF2uJ0

Latrell Mitchell is set to become embroiled in yet another contract saga, and one that threatens to put his very future as a Rabbitoh at risk.

Signed from the Roosters late into the pre-season after months of speculation, Mitchell is likely to endure more conjecture owing to his underwhelming start to life as a Bunny.

Mitchell only signed a one-year deal with the Bunnies at the time, but the club has an option in its favour valued at around $800,000 per year.

Since switching from the Roosters to Redfern, the NSW and Kangaroos representative has been below par in his adjustment to life as a fullback.

He has had little chance to put things right, either, with the coronavirus shutdown putting the game on ice.

Souths reportedly don’t want to pay that amount of money given the jury is still out on Mitchell’s suitability to play fullback.

And, at $800,000 per year, they won’t want him to play in the centres.
Mitchell’s three cameos at fullback in cardinal and myrtle have failed to hit the highs of last year’s stunning pre-Origin form that he displayed with the Chooks.

Against the Dragons in the Charity Shield, Mitchell showed good glimpses.

But in Round 1 against Cronulla he was benched after less than an hour.

In Round 2 against Brisbane he was shifted to the centres midway through the game, with Alex Johnston starring from the bench and upstaging Mitchell.

By not signing the extension, Souths have the ability to renegotiate Mitchell’s deal on cheaper terms.

However, they also run the risk of rival clubs making a bid for his services.
We dodged a bullet alright.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Latrell is one of the best centres in the game, but fuck he was bad at fullback. It took GI a while to get good, but I don't think he looked half as bad as Latrell did. It makes you wonder if he just is not built for it, or had a really lazy off season.

Malla

Reaction score
Looks like this bloke isnt even gonna make 25 in the NRL lol jesus fukin christ, he was at the roosters winning premierships and earning good coin - what more did he want? fark me

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like this bloke isnt even gonna make 25 in the NRL lol jesus fukin christ, he was at the roosters winning premierships and earning good coin - what more did he want? fark me
Ideally I think he'd like to be gifted a million per season and have the ability to hire someone as a sub contractor to do the work for him.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Same mentality that Dave Taylor, Todd Carney, Josh Dugan, Tony Williams and Kasiano has?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latrell is one of the best centres in the game, but fuck he was bad at fullback. It took GI a while to get good, but I don't think he looked half as bad as Latrell did. It makes you wonder if he just is not built for it, or had a really lazy off season.
I'd say both, but I'd also say his attitude is a bigger factor all up. He has shown in the past that he gets disinterested easy and switches off in games, more so when losing. It's also when he starts niggling other players and putting in cheap shots.

He tired to hold the game in his hand and demand big money for his services and now has tarnished himself in the process. With his first few games at the Rabbits his price tag will have dropped even more. When he comes off contract for next season I'm not sure the interest is going to be there for him from many clubs and the ones that are will low ball him now with their offers.

In short, he has fucked himself.