Outside backs

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been watching most games for a few more years now and watching Staggs tonight. What we miss most is a big dominating backs. Our backs don’t create something from nothing, get bent back for the first 3 tackles if the set.... we need big dominating backs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You need a strike centre.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cotric will be ours hopefully
Only if the Raiders can't fit him in. Otherwise he's going to be very expensive. Also I'm sure we're not going to be the only club interested. I'm honestly very scared in regards to recruitment.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why didn't we take a crack at BlowJob Leilua again

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Only if the Raiders can't fit him in. Otherwise he's going to be very expensive. Also I'm sure we're not going to be the only club interested. I'm honestly very scared in regards to recruitment.
I'm just hoping being a centre coming through the grades he seeks an opportunity elsewhere, we'd have the money... I want Meaney to have a crack at FB again, but I think Cotric and Meaney would be a very reliable CTW pairing

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have a couple of strike weapons, DWZ, Okunbor (assuming he plays again), Reimis was half a weapon at Wing and even Holland has some upside (nice offloading ability), Hopoate isn't really a strike player, he is a very solid versatile player that 'polishes' a backline. Meaney is solid as well but hasnt really hit the level at which he is generating trouble for the opposition.

It's safe to say that Montoya/Chricton should never play first grade again, Holland I honestly don't mind, Reimis needs a wakeup call and perhaps its time to try get Harper/Averillo into the backline.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also may I point out that many of our outside backs aren't even doing the core fundamentals. Forget generating linebreaks and winning one on one battles and creating offense, our outside backs are error prone, aren't safe under the high ball (except meaney) don't run for enough metres, don't run for enough post contact metres and impact nor are they shutout defensively.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Optomistic because people don't like him or that I'm dreaming ? haha
Because we'd have to pull the check book out for a winger/centre. I would, but until the club shows us something in that regard it's optimistic.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was hoping that Okunbour would be providing this for us this year. But we know how that played out.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need an overhaul but if dwz plays like that again him and hoppa need to swap and remis to wing and either harper or averillo to centre

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also may I point out that many of our outside backs aren't even doing the core fundamentals. Forget generating linebreaks and winning one on one battles and creating offense, our outside backs are error prone, aren't safe under the high ball (except meaney) don't run for enough metres, don't run for enough post contact metres and impact nor are they shutout defensively.
Meaney safe? Safer than DWZ maybe but that’s no recommendation and still doesn’t threaten with the ball