Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny the mardigras was still allowed to go on while this pandemic has been brewing.

But easter show and vivid are cancelled.
The LGBTMI are allowed to have their parade but the rest of us have to suffer.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny the mardigras was still allowed to go on while this pandemic has been brewing.

When it was on i dont think there was many cases

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Was actually going to reply to your previous post, but now I can see for sure you're just trolling. Pretty lame imo but each to their own ...

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Spot on again this this. Australia is in big trouble. BIG trouble. I honestly fear for my father who's had huge issues with pneumonia in the past 6 months. He's completely shutting himself off from the world, but some dickhead will spread it to him.

Italy you're right, though there were some 40-50 year olds who died and were healthy. As you've said before though, Italians still aren't taking this whole thing seriously enough which is why they're still getting fucked.
Hopefully he will be ok mate, sco mo needs to lock us down
Flatten the curve as they say, we need to act
As @south of heaven said, too many fuckwits won’t listen and go about life as if nothing is happening

Pulled my boys out of daycare last week, looks like I won’t be sending them for quiet a while
Australia needs to act

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well guys, I guess we all understand a lock down will be the inevitable move sooner rather than later. Then we will have all the whingers who are going to be "inconvenienced" by it all. Other countries have already made the choice to lock down and it is better we do it sooner rather than later if the lessons of what is happening overseas is taken on board.America is getting flogged and Italy is just a parade of deaths and illness. They are telling anyone who wants to listen that if the hard choices are not made now this is what we will be facing....Drs making the decision as to who does and does not get medical attention. It is true when they say that things like this are what movies are made of and that is scary.

Hubby is self employed so no money whilst he is isolated. I no longer have employment until this is over but by isolating i have a better chance of not getting the virus and at my age, even though I am fit and healthy and have no ongoing health issues I still worry.Yep like many others, we have commitments and the uncertainty of that is a constant worry.

Confident we are as prepared as we can be and the benefit of age is that like the young kids I have a few hacks that I can use in substituting for things I don't have with things I do have...Metho makes a good disinfectant of sorts, vinegar is good too.Make your own bread, even without yeast.

This will pass but we need to be aware of things around us and listen to what is said and do what is safe for us and our families. Have already set up a network of communication and understanding with our neighbours and friends; at least we can text and call or send emails. Not as personal as up close and in the open but at least something. We have said to them that if there is anything they need that we have they are deficient in we will give to them and vice versa.

If you have kids keep them close, let them know you have their back and that as serious as the situation is if we all work together and look after our day to day goings on in the right way we will be able to get through. We have board games, jigsaws, movies to combat boredom. Old footy games to watch if we want. AND I can talk to you guys here where at least we can have a laugh..
As usual, the voice of hope and reason Dogluva :grinning:

We are building atm. About 4 weeks away from completion. All the young tradies are saying it's just the flu, it's an over reaction and beat up. They think they are bulletproof. Be hard for the Govt to get the msg through to be careful to a lot of people. All the best to you and yours and all Dogs fans :grinning:

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For any one who doesnt think this serious read the following quote from ABC article.

"Deputy chief medical officer Paul Kelly told reporters he hopes Australia can maintain a 1 per cent death rate.

That means if the virus were to reach any more than 40 per cent of the population, it could see more Australian lives lost than in both world wars combined."

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully he will be ok mate, sco mo needs to lock us down
Flatten the curve as they say, we need to act
As @south of heaven said, too many fuckwits won’t listen and go about life as if nothing is happening

Pulled my boys out of daycare last week, looks like I won’t be sending them for quiet a while
Australia needs to act
Cheers pal. As long as he stays away from it ...

Nice one about your kids. Wish there were more people like you pal ... apart from the Man U thing of course. Just so disappointed that Aus is still sitting on its hands. Gotta act.

What's happening in Italy is nuts. Was supposed to peak yesterday. Now they're saying it'll peak in the middle of next week. Who knows when they'll push that back to. Why? Because people aren't taking it seriously. Scares the crap out of me as Slovenia is next and we're even worse prepared ffs.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Got told today that the Chinese have definitely been fudging the figures. The reality is that it's much much worse. What they've done is alter the name as it mutates. Those who initially died were classed as COVID - 19 but this was changed when it mutated into something else. Done to lessen the impact on society etc. From someone in Aus working in bio security so knows what he's talking about.

Doesn't really make a difference in the grand scheme of things, but important for all of us to know that the numbers being presented are only a fraction of the true number ...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So much conflicting information. It’s all so confusing. I’ve decided to bunker down and have my entertainment sorted:

upload_2020-3-22_9-7-48.jpeg

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got told today that the Chinese have definitely been fudging the figures. The reality is that it's much much worse. What they've done is alter the name as it mutates. Those who initially died were classed as COVID - 19 but this was changed when it mutated into something else. Done to lessen the impact on society etc. From someone in Aus working in bio security so knows what he's talking about.

Doesn't really make a difference in the grand scheme of things, but important for all of us to know that the numbers being presented are only a fraction of the true number ...
Every ones knows China is full of shit the only thing we know about them is they were strict with lockdown Italy another record 793 dead in a day, American 1 dying every hour China's lying about figures ,Iran spins Moore bullshit than Phil rothfieild 3rd world countries have little to no testing
Who the fuck know how much full of shit other middle East countries are so the actually mortality rate would be a lot fucking higher.
DO NOT FOLLOW THE GOVOURMENTS SIT ON HANDS APPROACH UNTIL IT GETS WORSE.
Get your kids out of school now I also know a Dr that has pulled her kids from school already probally not the first either
And stay the fuck away from people not 1 single country is prepared or equipped to what's going to hit them not 1

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every ones knows China is full of shit the only thing we know about them is they were strict with lockdown Italy another record 793 dead in a day, American 1 dying every hour China's lying about figures ,Iran spins Moore bullshit than Phil rothfieild 3rd world countries have little to no testing
Who the fuck know how much full of shit other middle East countries are so the actually mortality rate would be a lot fucking higher.
Get your kids out of school now I also know a Dr that has pulled her kids from school already probally not the first either
And stay the fuck away from people not 1 single country is prepared or equipped to what's going to hit them not 1
Spot on. I pulled my kids out a week and a half before we called lockdown here. Government here is still bullshitting that it all isn't that bad, when on the border with Italy people are literaly dieing every hour or so. Take action for yourself and stay safe.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So much conflicting information. It’s all so confusing. I’ve decided to bunker down and have my entertainment sorted:

View attachment 13878
My mate who I travel with loves his Lego he is in lockdown having a ball lol we have board,games puzzles model kits ready for the lockdown because I reakon the internet will be overloaded imagine how people will react with only 500 rolls of toilet paper on no Instagram?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spot on. I pulled my kids out a week and a half before we called lockdown here. Government here is still bullshitting that it all isn't that bad, when on the border with Italy people are literaly dieing every hour or so. Take action for yourself and stay safe.
Yep how's Trieste going there got family there haven't heard much of about anything from there your kind of their neighbour

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
More BS than Buzz??
How could that be true? :-)

PS - not underplaying the seriousness mate, piss extraction is part of my coping mechanism. At least they won’t be able to take that away in a lockdown! :-)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As usual, the voice of hope and reason Dogluva :grinning:

We are building atm. About 4 weeks away from completion. All the young tradies are saying it's just the flu, it's an over reaction and beat up. They think they are bulletproof. Be hard for the Govt to get the msg through to be careful to a lot of people. All the best to you and yours and all Dogs fans :grinning:
A co-worker the other day told me that it's a big beat up and it's no worse than a mild flu. I pulled him over to my desk and showed him the infection data, the death rate, details from medical experts and epidemiologists saying that it's a lot worse than a seasonal flu.

He said, "shit. Could be bad then"

5 minutes later I hear him saying to another colleague, "seriously man. It's such a beat up. This is just another flu"

People don't understand until it impacts them.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep how's Trieste going there got family there haven't heard much of about anything from there your kind of their neighbour
Trieste was actually going OK for a long while. Think they've been under lockdown for over 10 days now, but it's only in the last 3-4 days that things have started getting much worse. Over 130 new cases today apparently just in Trieste. From memory 8-10 deaths? 40+ deaths in total? That's a lot for this region which really isn't that big.

Your relatives will be toughing it mate. It was a novelty at first this lockdown, but people are starting to flip a bit talking to people there. Reality is dawning on them that they'll be on lockdown for at least another month, if not much more. Just because so many dumbarses couldn't stay at home.

Italy's really fucked. People were shocked at China because you saw all of these images, but Italy is much worse. It's fucking horrible. People should check out the video on the below link to see what it's like inside the hospital at Bergamo, the epicentre of Corona in Italy. Tell me that people are scaremongering ...

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...e-inside-italys-hardest-hit-hospital-11960597

Status
Not open for further replies.