Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thoughts on Griffin? Seems like a quality coach that was hard done by at Broncos and Panthers. Not sure of anyone else of his standard
I think he fell out with players at both clubs, but he left both clubs in better position than when he got there. Maybe not half bad idea

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
#sackrobinson as well. Roosters are off this year.

Maybe we should snake him from the roosters ?
Maybe we offer Cameron Smith Captain Coach gig? Then Flanno is available and we snake him before Saints sack McGregor

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be an idea. His Foxtel contract will not be renewed apparently.
Possibly enquire about Cooper Cronk?
I know massive call but could pay massive dividends.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m not defending Pay or think he’s a great coach but I haven’t heard him ‘shooting his mouth off’ about anything.

Before the 2018 season he allegedly said something about ‘bringing back the madness’ and playing ‘eyes up footy’ though I’ve never actually seen those quotes attributed to him.

Why do many think Dymock is a solution? We overlooked him twice and then the Sharks did too - he simply can’t offer that much.

Gould has said publicly and more than once he has no interest in any coaching role (even oversight).

So it comes back to the question asked many times. If Pay has to go, he has to be replaced by someone who’s clearly a step up. And who is that person?

Hint: it’s not Shane Flanagan and it’s not Geoff Toovey.
Wayne Bennett. Gets Respect from all players , can attract players and staff to clubs, does not come with Darius Boyd anymore, has more experience than anyone, Has won premierships and has been a international and origin coach and is available in 2022
Could even try and get him a year earlier as Rabbits have got Jason Demetriou taking over in 2022 and Wayne could convince them to let him go to pick up a new coaching contract

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wayne Bennett. Gets Respect from all players , can attract players and staff to clubs, does not come with Darius Boyd anymore, has more experience than anyone, Has won premierships and has been a international and origin coach and is available in 2022
Wayne will be 72 in 2022.
Pretty sure he’s lining himself up for retirement in seeing out his deal with the Wabbits. I can’t see him continuing after that but anything is possible...

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Down to the mum jokes. Gawd... AA

Trying to be nasheed when you thought he was dead and gone is a suckhole move. Just admit it.

You enjoyed it for the time you had thinking he was never going to return and then he came back and threw a spanner in the works for you.

You should just make a profile based on yourself.

Here I have the profile picture for you as well.

View attachment 13873
Bulldogs fan here: you sound like buzz rothfield.... angry at the world attitude. As a bulldogs fan I am appalled at the shit people carry on about on the page. We nasheed are cool and is immortal! We are your messiah . Show some respect .

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we hire Wayne Bennett as a recruitment consultant, head of coaching?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wayne will be 72 in 2022.
Pretty sure he’s lining himself up for retirement in seeing out his deal with the Wabbits. I can’t see him continuing after that but anything is possible...
Apparently he wants to still coach and demitriou is ready to go at bunnies

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Maybe Hagan out of that list but for the rest of experienced, not sure they are what we after.

Maybe look at England?
Go all out for Bennett, Souths have their coach lined up for 2022 and Bennett wants to continue coaching. Make him an offer he can’t refuse so that he comes in 2021. Really the only coach worth chasing at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.