Is there a way out

Che

Waterboy
Reaction score
Please as a new kennel member and not really a student of the game can someone please tell me if as a team we are going to make it through this testing time.
Have we been this low before and if yes how do we make it out.
CHN and Oken have really hurt us as a club and while the timing is never good it couldn't have come at a worst time.
I love our team and support them 100% can someone just spell out to me the path forward for us as a team.
Kind regards

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Che, I'm curious to know what you think the future holds for the club.

Have we been in a worse spot? I think so.

Will we make it out? I think so, but there is a lot of uncertainty at the moment, and that applies to all the clubs and the NRL itself.

What are your feelings?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our best chance is if the 14 other teams get Corona missiled out of the comp..

That leaves us & Warriors, and we should have them covered..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here.
We will be fine.

we have maybe the 11th best team with one of the worlds best forwards coming next year.

we just need a big bopper Josh Papallii type. A controlling hooker or half, a fit Foran and a big strike backline player and we are contenders. Nasheed.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think our lowest point is about a year or two behind us. People are reacting very badly to two losses. It may be the start of a long losing streak, but I think our season will be better this year than last year.

If we do go on another long losing streak this year, we buy new players for next year and start fresh. We're doing all we can to get good juniors into the system. Recruiting quality where it's needed will take time. But the club will emerge from the tough times.

Che

Waterboy
Reaction score

Will we make it out? I think so, but there is a lot of uncertainty at the moment, and that applies to all the clubs and the NRL itself.

What are your feelings?
First financially we have no sponsor in my limited understanding I believe we have a large leagues club is that how we are surviving financially
I believe we have shown that as a team we have strong bond and the team

What are your feelings?
My feelings are we have a team that play for one another and there exist a strong bond amongst the playing group. I was so proud of the boys last year that there was no other team I would have preferred to be a member of regardless of missing the 8.
Like I said my concerns are through ignorance mainly our inability to attract players, I don't understand how a team can survive without sponsors.
I guess I'm just looking for answer .
I understand Des left us in a he'll of a mess and we are rebuilding. I'm somewhat aware that next year we have $$$ to spend how as a club are we attractive to off contract players when we struggle to land a major sponsor.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like I said my concerns are through ignorance mainly our inability to attract players, I don't understand how a team can survive without sponsors.
We have plenty of sponsors, just not the front of jersey one. That won't kill us financially, it just looks a bit sad. Most years the club is one of the best in Sydney financially speaking.

I understand Des left us in a he'll of a mess and we are rebuilding. I'm somewhat aware that next year we have $$$ to spend how as a club are we attractive to off contract players when we struggle to land a major sponsor.
Fact is we have signed one of the most exciting young players in England, and did so against competition. There is always loads of speculation about player transfers, ignore it. Stick to the facts. Luke Thompson is signed, and we are easily retaining our best players like Jackson and DWZ.

And always remember, the reason the bad times exist is because that makes the good times all the more sweeter.

Che

Waterboy
Reaction score
We have plenty of sponsors, just not the front of jersey one. That won't kill us financially, it just looks a bit sad. Most years the club is one of the best in Sydney financially speaking.

Fact is we have signed one of the most exciting young players in England, and did so against competition. There is always loads of speculation about player transfers, ignore it. Stick to the facts. Luke Thompson is signed, and we are easily retaining our best players like Jackson and DWZ.

And always remember, the reason the bad times exist is because that makes the good times all the more sweeter.
Spot on when put that way thanks heaps go the doggies

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
with the financial backing from the leagues club and loyalty from the fans..yes. the club will survive.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bit of a flunk after a stout round 1 but can be rectified with set completion, second phase without speculators and keep short chipping into goal.
Early problems early fix, kick defense etc

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please as a new kennel member and not really a student of the game can someone please tell me if as a team we are going to make it through this testing time.
CHN and Oken have really hurt us as a club and while the timing is never good it couldn't have come at a worst time.
I love our team and support them 100% can someone just spell out to me the path forward for us as a team.
Kind regards
We were ordinary cellar dwellers in 1966, then made the GF in 1967; but we had to wait from 1938 to 1980 for a premiership; then had a great run for a decade.

Up until recently we have always been a threat, and competitive - usually making the top four.

This slump is not characteristic of the Bulldogs since limited tackle rules were introduced. It is disappointing; but we should turn around our slump when the last of the salary cap issues have been resolved.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kind regards
We’ve been through much worse and will be fine after this year

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There is most definitely a way out, defend like we did in round 1 and attack like we did in round 2. After round 1 there were plenty suggesting we couldn’t even score 1 try in a game let alone 3 tries. Each of which came from completely different attacking plays, a blind side switch of play, a back rower to front rower passing interchange and a dribble kick to the in goal.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If you really look at it we lost our standing as a power house club a long time ago and the era's have changed during that time. I don't know if we can get back there if I'm honest. We may just be one of those club's who always struggle now. Well that's how it's felt for about a decade now anyways. How we use the Salary Cap for 2021 will be a defining moment.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s always a way out,we are the bulldogs.!! It’s all about balance and the right combinations. A few tweaks here and there and a few proven players/coach etc.

But somethings gotta give and change and once it does we will be back again.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a thought.
Is it Really about winning all the time?
Isn't it about just putting in a good show so you I enjoy yourself as a viewer?

think about it.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oi
Kind regards[/QUOTE

I truly believe our club is one club who won’t die , 200 million in the bank and 6 houses and land . We are well off but it will severely affect us that’s no lie, but our team is also 8 premierships and numerous runners up, club oozes success and any other club going through what we gone through would of folded surely . Our team while not the best still does well comparing to others , we also have the best head to head rating win ratio against Melbourne storm although they did get us in 2012

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We would be fine if we didn't have about 20% of our cap on the sidelines. Chn, Foran and Okunbor is what we need, and were part of last year's good form at the end of the year.

People try and find other reasons for it but it's really down to that. Losing Foran was bad enough since all our other halves are rookies, but losing chn and Okunbor 2 days before round 1 fucked us. We had no time to adjust or cover for that loss after they trained the whole off-season with those players in.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL will be bankrupt in 3 months so I wouldn't worry about it.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recruitment is our best way out of this mess starting with the spine. No NRL team can be successful without experience and talent in the spine. We don’t have either atm