Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Macca's announced it. They'll only take card payments from now on.

I don't mind to the most part except that my paywave fails every few months and I have to get my card replaced every few months. If the banks shut their doors then I'm screwed.
That will stop the smart alecs who go through drive through to buy a frozen coke and pay with 5 cent pieces. Daughter works for Maccas and she told me that that was coming. The local one here sanitizes the eftpos machine after every customer, the presenters wear gloves.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Without delving too deep into conspiracy and the book of Revelations, RFDI chips implanted in the hand.

The technology is already there for it and already has been implemented in some areas.
Yes. I had no choice but to get a chipped eftpos card upon the expiry of my old one so chips are the future. It be like "excuse me maam may I scan your barcode:? Guess we shoukd ask our pets what it feels like to be chipped....

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Without delving too deep into conspiracy and the book of Revelations, RFDI chips implanted in the hand.

The technology is already there for it and already has been implemented in some areas.
The mistake the bible made was that they thought it would be forced. Meanwhile you have these tech nerds saying, "Hey, check out my cool chip in my hand!"

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The mistake the bible made was that they thought it would be forced. Meanwhile you have these tech nerds saying, "Hey, check out my cool chip in my hand!"
Well technically you won't be forced. But you won't be able to buy or sell without it.

The sheep will think it's cool, he who has wisdom will question it at least and the faithful will refuse it.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not taking this virus serious until I hear about people I actually know who are infected!

I don't accept mainstream media reports as factual.

Aren't the MSM the same ones on the weapons of mass destruction bandwagon during desert storm II?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Im not taking this virus serious until I hear about people I actually know who are infected!

Aren't the MSM the same ones on the weapons of mass destruction bandwagon during desert storm II?
While I agree with you on the MSM part, I hope nobody you know gets the virus.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

My stance has always been the way it is with everything. Ignore the MSM and focus on the experts. That's why I read the research and listen to the experts on this.

I would highly recommend doing the same. There's a large number of epidemeologist and virologists discussing this outside of the MSM. For example, Coronocast podcast.

Or if you want the latest research without MSM influence:

https://www.nih.gov/health-information/coronavirus

https://www.thelancet.com/coronavirus

https://www.biomedcentral.com/collections/Coronavirus

That's just a few of the sources but there's many more unbiased, non-media affiliated sources.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, I should point out that "I don't believe anything until I see it" is a scientifically flawed approach. We are flawed individuals which is why we need the scientific method to sort stuff out for us.

This is the constant problem you see with many debates:

"Poverty doesn't exist because I eat every night"

"Climate change doesn't exist because it doesn't affect me"

"Coronavirus is a myth because no one I know is infected"

The world exists outside our social circles. We live in a universe where we see 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the universe. We individually exist on a small country as a fragment of the population. Even then everyone we know makes up 0.0000000000006% of the world. Yet we are constantly convinced that the entire Universe revolves around us. That anything that happens doesn't exist unless we're involved. We have to accept that we are a grain of sand and things exist outside us.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Also, I should point out that "I don't believe anything until I see it" is a scientifically flawed approach. We are flawed individuals which is why we need the scientific method to sort stuff out for us.

The world exists outside our social circles. We live in a universe where we see 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the universe. We individually exist on a small country as a fragment of the population. Even then everyone we know makes up 0.0000000000006% of the world. Yet we are constantly convinced that the entire Universe revolves around us. That anything that happens doesn't exist unless we're involved. We have to accept that we are a grain of sand and things exist outside us.
Sometimes you just gotta have faith ;)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

I've asked so many people if they know anyone affected answer is always no.
Only heard that a lady who works on a cruise ship got it.

I just refuse to live my life in fear like a little bitch like a majority of you are doing.

The only good to come out of it is I can invite my girlfriend over to my place to watch a movie or instead of going to the cinema!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sometimes you just gotta have faith ;)
I can't argue with that. I definitely have nothing against faith. I just see it as two aspects. When you're provided with a guess and facts then you have to choose if you believe the facts or the guess.

Faith is obviously a different thing as that's a driving force when you have no facts (or weak facts) to the contrary. And you have an honest, religious reason for believing that stance. As oppose to "Even though every expert said that this is true, I haven't seen it myself so it doesn't exist"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've asked so many people if they know anyone affected answer is always no.
Only heard that a lady who works on a cruise ship got it.

I just refuse to live my life in fear like a little bitch like a majority of you are doing.

The only good to come out of it is I can invite my girlfriend over to my place to watch a movie or instead of going to the cinema!
For sure. Not debating that. We have just over 1,000 cases verified in Australia. The chances of you getting infected are about the same chances of you winning lottery. But that's at this stage. And the numbers are doubling every few days.

So to put it another way, the chances of getting AIDS and dying is about the same chance as winning the lottery, but the chances increase drastically every day. So would you be happy to shag random chicks every day knowing that there's only a 0.1% chance you'll catch HIV?

Keep in mind that a 0.1% chance means that 1 in every 1,000 women you sleep with will definitely give you HIV. Seems logical. It's very unlikely that you'll actually catch it. But if you do, you'll die from it as there's no cure.

That's a similar thing that we're looking at now. "I don't know anyone with HIV so why should I stop shagging random women". Sure it's a low chance. But it's a chance.

But also unlike HIV if you get infected it's not a death sentance. There's a chance you'll get infected and you'll be perfectly fine. In fact, it's a large chance. Your grand parents that you visit every so often. If you did get infected and visited them then there's a very good chance that they'll die. You won't, but you'll have to go on remembering that your stance of "It's not a problem" resulted in the deaths of several old people.

If you're happy with that then sure, go for gold. If you go near my parents then I'll probably do some crazy UFC shit on you but if you're happy to kill other old people then go for it.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I wish this man were still alive.
We need this kind of reasoning in times as crazy as this.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not an easy concept to understand though. We currently have 1,068 cases in Australia. That's a tiny fraction. 1 week ago we hd 199 cases in Australia. Based on our projections next weekend we'll have 3,500 cases. 12,000 the weekend after. 30,000 cases the weekend after that.

Sure it all seems fine now but in a few months time you'll be asking, "Does anyone know someone who doesn't have the virus?"

That's the whole point of this quarantine and lockdown measures. Sure you don't have the virus. Sure you don't know anyone who has the virus. But testing is 70% effective and even after that we miss at least 80% of the cases which means there's a decent chance you know several people infected but they don't realise it. Which is cool, until they infect old people and those old people die.

It's easier if you just avoid people in general and keep everyone safe.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Old people die? Yes thats generally what happens when you get old.
Nature shows no remorse, especially against young and old vulnerable people!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wish this man were still alive.
We need this kind of reasoning in times as crazy as this.

Carlin was great. I had a chat with Kevin Smith a few years back where he talked about Carlin. He loved working with the guy but talked about how he went from a standard comedian to a comedian who slowly got more and more political and in the end he was a guy that hated the world and just couldn't live a day longer in the world.

All that said, he's 100% right here about germs. Honestly there's an epidemeologist I talked to a few months back who is considered the world expert on the microbiome (which is a very new field of study for everyone). She was great. She said, "roll in mud, swim in shit, let your dog lick your face, this will make you stronger"

1 week ago I talked to her in a chat and said, "How about now?". She said, "Avoid everything I said. Your microbiome will protect you from most things but a virus doesn't care. Don't be an idiot"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Old people die? Yes thats generally what happens when you get old.
Nature shows no remorse, especially against young and old vulnerable people!
True. But we can always help it along. Being ignorant of the dangers of a virus around old people is no different to accidentally killing an old person and saying, "Shit, I didn't realise their back couldn't take a body slam. Not my fault"

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spain up to 1300 .300 dead in a day
USA up to 200 who knows where they stand in 7 days.
First 2 deaths in Singapore

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Spain up to 1300 .300 dead in a day
USA up to 200 who knows where they stand in 7 days.
First 2 deaths in Singapore
Is it still just boomers and immunocompromised people dying?

Italy would dead set have nobody left by now.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it still just boomers and immunocompromised people dying?

Italy would dead set have nobody left by now.
Italy is close qauters and a lot of kids up to 40 years old live with their parents they have an big ageing population,red cross China said they done to little to late one thing I believe the Chinese were very good on was extremely strict lock down. My biggest fear is Australia is full of fuckwits and spend a day at the beach and don't give a Fuck
We would have a fighting chance if we all locked down now and hard but between retarded politicians and fuckwit Australians we are practically raping our country we have distance great distance and every opportunity to use it has been wasted to little to late 14 days we are fucked people will die who didn't need to

Status
Not open for further replies.