Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we can't find anyone to fit the role, then i think this would be ideal imo (pending Pay's performance at seasons end)
So if we can nab Flano for 2022, we give Pay the flick at the end of the year.

Who do we employ for 2021 and only for that 1 season?

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Over 20 million people in australia. If this board cant find one than the members should fuck them off 2.
20 million people and 99.99% of the population cant source a 10 pack of Sorbent, and you expect us to nab a Phil Jackson/Pep Guardiola of Rugby League?

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: leave pay alone! I’ll fight you all! He has been given a nightmare! He is a leader to get thru this! Every whinger on this page needs an upper cut !! Lucky it’s not game night I’d look for youse in grandstand.
No ones accusing him of not being a leader,,,,,,,,,,, just a bog average coach !

A

Alexander the Great

Suckhole
Bulldogs fan here: leave pay alone! I’ll fight you all! He has been given a nightmare! He is a leader to get thru this! Every whinger on this page needs an upper cut !! Lucky it’s not game night I’d look for youse in grandstand.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
20 million people and 99.99% of the population cant source a 10 pack of Sorbent, and you expect us to nab a Phil Jackson/Pep Guardiola of Rugby League?
A 10 pack of sorbent could actually name a stronger side than pay is picking at the moment.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well you're not going to get championship results with a bog average squad
Well u put together a bog average squad when your a bog average coach dont u. Spending 700 thousand for a winger with feet for hands to play fullback for 3 more seasons. And hes our best fucking player lol. This is pays squad now hes resigning them.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is that you Deano?

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well u put together a bog average squad when your a bog average coach dont u. Spending 700 thousand for a winger with feet for hands to play fullback for 3 more seasons. And hes our best fucking player lol. This is pays squad now hes resigning them.
Prove it bro

silva

Utility
Reaction score
How bout getting in Neil Henry as assistant asap to assist with attack

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another bloke throwing false numbers around trying to prove a point he doesnt have

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How bout getting in Neil Henry as assistant asap to assist with attack
We will have more coaches than players, but clearly we need somebody who has some idea about attacking structures and a kicking game, although not sure we have the players to execute it

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not defending Pay or think he’s a great coach but I haven’t heard him ‘shooting his mouth off’ about anything.

Before the 2018 season he allegedly said something about ‘bringing back the madness’ and playing ‘eyes up footy’ though I’ve never actually seen those quotes attributed to him.

Why do many think Dymock is a solution? We overlooked him twice and then the Sharks did too - he simply can’t offer that much.

Gould has said publicly and more than once he has no interest in any coaching role (even oversight).

So it comes back to the question asked many times. If Pay has to go, he has to be replaced by someone who’s clearly a step up. And who is that person?

Hint: it’s not Shane Flanagan and it’s not Geoff Toovey.
Thoughts on Griffin? Seems like a quality coach that was hard done by at Broncos and Panthers. Not sure of anyone else of his standard

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In 2021, at least a third of this squad will be gone. They wont be signed. Money will be available and
recruitment will be a priority. I cant think of any other coach who could have done better with this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.