Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well guys, I guess we all understand a lock down will be the inevitable move sooner rather than later. Then we will have all the whingers who are going to be "inconvenienced" by it all. Other countries have already made the choice to lock down and it is better we do it sooner rather than later if the lessons of what is happening overseas is taken on board.America is getting flogged and Italy is just a parade of deaths and illness. They are telling anyone who wants to listen that if the hard choices are not made now this is what we will be facing....Drs making the decision as to who does and does not get medical attention. It is true when they say that things like this are what movies are made of and that is scary.

Hubby is self employed so no money whilst he is isolated. I no longer have employment until this is over but by isolating i have a better chance of not getting the virus and at my age, even though I am fit and healthy and have no ongoing health issues I still worry.Yep like many others, we have commitments and the uncertainty of that is a constant worry.

Confident we are as prepared as we can be and the benefit of age is that like the young kids I have a few hacks that I can use in substituting for things I don't have with things I do have...Metho makes a good disinfectant of sorts, vinegar is good too.Make your own bread, even without yeast.

This will pass but we need to be aware of things around us and listen to what is said and do what is safe for us and our families. Have already set up a network of communication and understanding with our neighbours and friends; at least we can text and call or send emails. Not as personal as up close and in the open but at least something. We have said to them that if there is anything they need that we have they are deficient in we will give to them and vice versa.

If you have kids keep them close, let them know you have their back and that as serious as the situation is if we all work together and look after our day to day goings on in the right way we will be able to get through. We have board games, jigsaws, movies to combat boredom. Old footy games to watch if we want. AND I can talk to you guys here where at least we can have a laugh..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Haven't heard that one.

PS as if the Annoying Orange is going to lose to Creepy Pedo Joe or the senile commie. The demonrats handed him his second term on a platter.
I haven't heard that one either, its my own idea that I thought of just now

you could make a case for either side, it could help trump because the republicans strategy is about voter suppression but the democrats know that they need more people voting because they do a better job pandering to the ordinary people they have a larger potential to receive votes, also as I said this plays right into trump wanting to secure the borders and being anti china all this time

it could help the democrats because this thing is against old people who mainly support trump, so scaring them away from voting or killing them off would help

but more specifically trump lost the popular vote by 3 million in an election that only his side was desperate to vote because the other side was going to win it, 4 years later replace it a situation that the other side has been desperate to vote for a long time, ive always been suspicious that he needed something special to win, something that proved that he was right all along, like a terrorist attack

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the recovery stat?
103,372 cases:

- 91,954 recovered (89%)

- 11,418 dead (11%)

Of course those statistics aren't helpful for much as they don't take into account undetected cases and existing cases that are not dead/recovered which is the majority of the cases.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
103,372 cases:

- 91,954 recovered (89%)

- 11,418 dead (11%)

Of course those statistics aren't helpful for much as they don't take into account undetected cases and existing cases that are not dead/recovered which is the majority of the cases.
the most important stat:

0 Rodzilla cases

n/a recovered

n/a dead

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Well guys, I guess we all understand a lock down will be the inevitable move sooner rather than later. Then we will have all the whingers who are going to be "inconvenienced" by it all. Other countries have already made the choice to lock down and it is better we do it sooner rather than later if the lessons of what is happening overseas is taken on board.America is getting flogged and Italy is just a parade of deaths and illness. They are telling anyone who wants to listen that if the hard choices are not made now this is what we will be facing....Drs making the decision as to who does and does not get medical attention. It is true when they say that things like this are what movies are made of and that is scary.

Hubby is self employed so no money whilst he is isolated. I no longer have employment until this is over but by isolating i have a better chance of not getting the virus and at my age, even though I am fit and healthy and have no ongoing health issues I still worry.Yep like many others, we have commitments and the uncertainty of that is a constant worry.

Confident we are as prepared as we can be and the benefit of age is that like the young kids I have a few hacks that I can use in substituting for things I don't have with things I do have...Metho makes a good disinfectant of sorts, vinegar is good too.Make your own bread, even without yeast.

This will pass but we need to be aware of things around us and listen to what is said and do what is safe for us and our families. Have already set up a network of communication and understanding with our neighbours and friends; at least we can text and call or send emails. Not as personal as up close and in the open but at least something. We have said to them that if there is anything they need that we have they are deficient in we will give to them and vice versa.

If you have kids keep them close, let them know you have their back and that as serious as the situation is if we all work together and look after our day to day goings on in the right way we will be able to get through. We have board games, jigsaws, movies to combat boredom. Old footy games to watch if we want. AND I can talk to you guys here where at least we can have a laugh..
Good post. Good luck to you and your family, hope your hubby can get back to work soon.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw an ad for eharmony on tv. I think that's very clever timing. Get people on and chatting so they are ready and horny to hit the ground running when the restrictions are lifted.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And Kenny Rogers died not from coronavirus but he died none the less
Kenny provided our family road trip sound track as kids. I got to see him with my parents a year ago on his final world tour.

It almost seems apt he passes only a month after my Dad.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She won't get into trouble.

Was keen on buying her a coffee and telling her next time you pop into Coles, to smother her hands in Aloe Vera and bitch slap you
Ha.. I don't need to pop into coles, I have enough food and toilet paper to go for a long time. When you go see her, buy her that coffee, you might wish you never did, she will think your hitting on her, next thing you know you will pass out to wake up nude in the back of her van,with her buffalo wings breath whispering sweet nothings in your ear

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Easy. Cashless society. It was always going to happen. The only question was when, this Psy-Op just brings it forward.
I see where you are coming from. Once again though what happens to those who don't have ATM cards, internet banking, apps on a smartphone like pensioners?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I see where you are coming from. Once again though what happens to those who don't have ATM cards, internet banking, apps on a smartphone like pensioners?
I heard someone say he went to a store to buy something and was told he couldn't purchase unless he used a card!

Anyone tries this stunt with me I'll just say "sweet free of charge" and leave the store with the product.

But I'll make sure I film the incident to show I intended on paying

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gov

I heard someone say he went to a store to buy something and was told he couldn't purchase unless he used a card!

Anyone tries this stunt with me I'll just say "sweet free of charge" and leave the store with the product.

I am seeing it more and more here where I live. It is becoming the norm more these days too because of the exorbitant bank charges on business for eftpos transactions. The coffee shop I normally go to has this policy and it does not worry me or the many other regular customers but during holiday times when the tourists come in they quite often walk out.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gov

Macca's announced it. They'll only take card payments from now on.

I don't mind to the most part except that my paywave fails every few months and I have to get my card replaced every few months. If the banks shut their doors then I'm screwed.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Without delving too deep into conspiracy and the book of Revelations, RFDI chips implanted in the hand.

The technology is already there for it and already has been implemented in some areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.