News Dogs to stick with Lewis in halves

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Its easy to be critical of Lewis. But the problem is the number 9.
Teams play a right and left half most times and the 9 decides who shall get the ball.
The guy we need is Katoa. He offers more as a 9 than does JMK.
I also believe Averillo offers more than Wakeham at this stage of their careers.
Lewis and Averillo arent halfbacks though... you be asking for trouble out there

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He just doesn’t have it.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The issue Pay created for himself is that Lewis is not a controlling 7 or running 6

But Pay guarantees him his spot before pre season so Lewis is ‘safe’

Cogger is an organised 7
Wakeham is too

Averillo is a runner

Pay goes Lewis and Wakeham won’t work

Lewis and Cogger won’t work

Because Cogger and Wakeham need to be the shot caller

Wakeham/Cogger and Averillo is the best options until such time Foran returns or the comp is called off

Shifty what the fk is ya input mate just tell Pay ffs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And before anyone says Lewis and Cogger worked late last year remember those games meant shit we never making the 8 and we were playing to avoid last

Clean slate another year

We shit the bed again

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis was poor and sort from his defence was horrible looks much better with Wakeham and averillo there in the last quarter pay has to let one of these half’s take the game in control he is letting the forwards call the shots to jmk esp tolman he kills the momentum every fucking time let on e of these half’s call the shots esp if they call for the ball tolman need to stay out of the ruck hit it when required he kills our momentum all the time so many times I watch games and think fuck if we swing it out here we can score and that dud gets in one of the ruck and kills it all together
Our forwards are too soft to barge over and score and other teams know it
I also notice in the back ground a few times young averillo in there calling plays setting the team in his first game and I applaud that

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis needs to get over himself, the way he conducts himself with the media you’d think he was Wally not Lachlan.
I didn’t appreciate the way he spoke about Wakeham when he got the nod over Cogger.
Lewis would not be a first choice half at any other NRL club!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lewis was poor and sort from his defence was horrible looks much better with Wakeham and averillo there in the last quarter pay has to let one of these half’s take the game in control he is letting the forwards call the shots to jmk esp tolman he kills the momentum every fucking time let on e of these half’s call the shots esp if they call for the ball tolman need to stay out of the ruck hit it when required he kills our momentum all the time so many times I watch games and think fuck if we swing it out here we can score and that dud gets in one of the ruck and kills it all together
Our forwards are too soft to barge over and score and other teams know it
I also notice in the back ground a few times young averillo in there calling plays setting the team in his first game and I applaud that
Hit it on the head man

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis needs to get over himself, the way he conducts himself with the media you’d think he was Wally not Lachlan.
I didn’t appreciate the way he spoke about Wakeham when he got the nod over Cogger.
Lewis would not be a first choice half at any other NRL club!
Them 2 kids put the lewis myth to bed in under 15 minutes. Thats what happens when u give talented kids a run over plodders. Lewis was talking down on the young halves hopes of making first grade lol. I thought i was only one that noticed that. I dont feel sorry for him he comes across as arrogant.

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Them 2 kids put the lewis myth to bed in under 15 minutes. Thats what happens when u give talented kids a run over plodders. Lewis was talking down on the young halves hopes of making first grade lol. I thought i was only one that noticed that. I dont feel sorry for him he comes across as arrogant.
I definitely noticed, he deserved to be benched the other night hopefully it has put a dent in his ego!
There is no half in the game who needs the same amount of time to execute a kick, who puts his teammates under so much pressure with the service he provides and who has no running game!
People rave about his defence but the position he plays require more than a player who can hold their own in defence.
What concerns me more that we the Bulldogs have extended his contract???

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And as expected the experts are tellin us and the club how it should be.. Floggers.

A

Alexander the Great

Arrogant = bogan.
.Thinks he is a big shot but got a reality check.

Let's hope he learns his lesson and turns it around for us.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nope. Club management and the coach tell me what to type and I blindly comply. Looks like you’re on to me...
Sensitive but not stupid, Let's keep a mutual respect...
There are no issues as long as your values are the same as mine
Club first
Team second
Individual third
We both be happy

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sensitive but not stupid, Let's keep a mutual respect...
There are no issues as long as your values are the same as mine
Club first
Team second
Individual third
We both be happy
Of course mate.
Just wasn’t quite sure what you were getting at earlier...