Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't know about you guys but I'm enjoying all the conspiracy theories floating around. The few main ones are: -

* China starting WW3
* asteroid hitting earth hence the lock downs
* aliens ready to attack because we are weak now
* trump using the virus to arrest pedos in Hollywood
* China released the virus to drop share prices to take over the world
* de-population starting with the old and sick

Only thing I believe is that the virus is real BUT it's not end of the world and TPTB are using this as a massive Psy-Op for future events.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pretty strong insinuation though 95.

Govt ministers State and Feds, hear about it, rings Archbishop...it's off...with 'reminder' of funding amongst other heavies.

Remember these school districts would not have even so much as telephoned each other unless it was in the forefront of local concerns that have been gathering momentum and there would have been plenty of planning before it got this far.

I have no doubt myself the feasibility of this doing down this way, is fairly factual.
At no stage does this article state that govt. funding to the schools will stop..it merely insinuates it..it’s irresponsible journalism.. I mean honestly don’t people think the schools would voice this? Truly this is fear mongering by the media..exactly why we have chaos in the shops..

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hypothetically, - If right now everyone was to isolate in there homes for the next 3 weeks, Im talking no shopping, no work, no leaving the house for any reason,
is it likely that the virus would die out in this country completely?
Unlikely, and even if local cases were eliminated it could still reenter Australia from overseas if the country doesn't remain locked down.

What needs to happen is that we slow down the spread so that 1) the hospital system can cope, and 2) we buy time for medical science to figure this thing out

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty strong insinuation though 95.

Govt ministers State and Feds, hear about it, rings Archbishop...it's off...with 'reminder' of funding amongst other heavies.

Remember these school districts would not have even so much as telephoned each other unless it was in the forefront of local concerns that have been gathering momentum and there would have been plenty of planning before it got this far.

I have no doubt myself the feasibility of this doing down this way, is fairly factual.
I’m all for closing em..I was a school teacher and my sister is a teacher.. However, I do believe there would be a huge outcry by the schools..truly..
But you know it’s still irresponsible journalism..because it’s simply insinuation..she doesn’t actually say it..it’s more wink wink..

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is interesting, but I don't buy some of it. There are complex variables involved, and that does come out a bit in the article, but other things they say are questionable at best. For example, the concept going around about Italy having the second oldest population worldwide is a bit misleading. They are referring to % of the population that is over 65, for which Italy IS second (after Japan). However third on that list Germany, actually has more people in terms of headcount that are over 65 than Italy, as do countries like USA, Indonesia, India, and about 10 others, which means that in terms of people over 65 being in a higher risk category, other countries like Germany have more prospective deaths in pure numbers. If you look at the page I linked to you'll also see that there is another way of measuring age, in terms of life expectancy, and using that measurement Italy isn't in the top 10.

Another point is the way the article goes on about how things are counted, and how reliable the tests are. Are there a bunch of asymptomatic carriers in Italy? Is the Italian death count higher because a death is counted as a COVID 19 death if a person dies with the virus, without effort to ascertain if it was BECAUSE of the virus? Either way these questions kind of duck the most important issues. In terms of how many people are confirmed to have the virus and whether Italy is under counting this figure, that only really effects any proposed lethality percentage number, for which we are probably never going to have a really firm number for anyway. On the second question, how can you really tell if someone with an existing heart condition would not have lived another 10-15 years if they hadn't contracted COVID 19?

What would be more relevant is to see how much hospital admissions have gone up in areas of Italy where COVID 19 has spread. I've not yet seen any data on that, but it would be much more interesting to see if the arrival of the new corunavirus in Italy corresponds with a big increase in hospital admissions. This information would get around the kinds of easy to misinterpret questions being raised in the article.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It is interesting, but I don't buy some of it. There are complex variables involved, and that does come out a bit in the article, but other things they say are questionable at best. For example, the concept going around about Italy having the second oldest population worldwide is a bit misleading. They are referring to % of the population that is over 65, for which Italy IS second (after Japan). However third on that list Germany, actually has more people in terms of headcount that are over 65 than Italy, as do countries like USA, Indonesia, India, and about 10 others, which means that in terms of people over 65 being in a higher risk category, other countries like Germany have more prospective deaths in pure numbers. If you look at the page I linked to you'll also see that there is another way of measuring age, in terms of life expectancy, and using that measurement Italy isn't in the top 10.

Another point is the way the article goes on about how things are counted, and how reliable the tests are. Are there a bunch of asymptomatic carriers in Italy? Is the Italian death count higher because a death is counted as a COVID 19 death if a person dies with the virus, without effort to ascertain if it was BECAUSE of the virus? Either way these questions kind of duck the most important issues. In terms of how many people are confirmed to have the virus and whether Italy is under counting this figure, that only really effects any proposed lethality percentage number, for which we are probably never going to have a really firm number for anyway. On the second question, how can you really tell if someone with an existing heart condition would not have lived another 10-15 years if they hadn't contracted COVID 19?

What would be more relevant is to see how much hospital admissions have gone up in areas of Italy where COVID 19 has spread. I've not yet seen any data on that, but it would be much more interesting to see if the arrival of the new corunavirus in Italy corresponds with a big increase in hospital admissions. This information would get around the kinds of easy to misinterpret questions being raised in the article.
Regardless of anything..a lot of people are still dying..:cry:
Ps..thanks for the link!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Regardless of anything..a lot of people are still dying..:cry:
Yes, and despite all the other numbers that are talked about, the one number that will really count, and that will actually be remembered, is the death count. 100 years on from the Spanish Flu, it is the death count that people talk about (estimates range from 15 to 100 million, most put it at between 30 and 50 million).

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Don't know about you guys but I'm enjoying all the conspiracy theories floating around. The few main ones are: -

* China starting WW3
* asteroid hitting earth hence the lock downs
* aliens ready to attack because we are weak now
* trump using the virus to arrest pedos in Hollywood
* China released the virus to drop share prices to take over the world
* de-population starting with the old and sick

Only thing I believe is that the virus is real BUT it's not end of the world and TPTB are using this as a massive Psy-Op for future events.
what about trump released the virus to declare state of emergency and cancel the election which he would normally lose, or he released the virus to win the election because he is the Mr wall xenophobe man

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You know shits getting outta hand when the 'coronavirus' page count surpasses the 'Latrell Mitchel to the Dogs' page count. Fat fuck, so glad we didnt get him.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Herd immunity is the plan.

Sick of these reporters and politicians saying it's a "fluid situation". No it's not you flops. You make a plan and stick to it. Look at what other countries are doing right and copy that. Saying it's fluid is an excuse for them to make more fuck ups.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
what about trump released the virus to declare state of emergency and cancel the election which he would normally lose, or he released the virus to win the election because he is the Mr wall xenophobe man
Haven't heard that one.

PS as if the Annoying Orange is going to lose to Creepy Pedo Joe or the senile commie. The demonrats handed him his second term on a platter.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tch tch Hacky..are you fear mongering..posting things that are unconfirmed..
It's confirmed. It's confirmed that it's possible that it could have happened.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And Kenny Rogers died not from coronavirus but he died none the less

Status
Not open for further replies.