11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. Marshall-King
15. Britt
16. Stimson
17. ????

Let me have it boys and girls
Lol. Lewis the slowest player in the team at hooker. Leave the team as is. Drop chritchon and put averillo in his spot and put Sione Katoa on the beach. That’s all. They will get better as the new halves gel together. If Lewis stops hogging the ball and let Wakeham have some control. Then we will win next week.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis would be the worst dummy half imaginable.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. DWZ
3. Harper
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
8. Napa
9. JMK
10. Toomaga
11. Elliot
12. Britt
13. Jackson

14. Cogger
15. RFM
16. Ogden
17. Tolman
That would be pretty much be my team except Katoa on the bench for Cogger.

I'd maybe also give DWZ one last chance at fullback before putting him on the wing as it might destroy his confidence further plus he can still drop bombs as a winger.. Meaney dropped a few last week too.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Chrichton
3. DWZ
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Cogger
8. To-Omaga
9. Lewis
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. Marshall-King
15. Britt
16. Stimson
17. ????

Let me have it boys and girls
I like it from 1 to 6. But leave Wakehem in with Averillo . Drop Lewis. Bring in Katoa. The forwards haven't done anything wrong... Its the halves and backs we need to get right.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. Meaney
3. Harper
4. DWZ
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
9. Katoa
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. Elliott
13. Tolman

14. JMK
15. Britt
16. RFM
17. Ogden

I honestly don't know wtf to do with hooker and you could start either of the two I guess, but the unfortunate reality is that we need to use two hookers. Katoa is so erratic but is capable of executing the role at times while JMK is just incredibly average and really doesn't offer anything more than okay passing and good defence.

Hoppa, Averillo and Wakeham gives us 3 ball players across the spine and while I am tempted to see Meaney get a run at fullback I would prefer to go with Hoppa as we know he can support our young halves.

Backline reshuffle, forward pack reshuffle, etc...just about getting players into roles better suited to them and the team for the time being and finding a better balance. May have issues with the reshuffle but it isn't as if we're breaking up any worthwhile combinations.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Harper
4. Hoppa
5. DWZ
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
8. Napa
9. JMK
10. Tolman
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. Elliott
14. To'omaga
15. Ogden
16. Britt
17. Katoa / Holland

Might as well give the kids a chance in 1st grade this year and see how they go in the positions they grew up playing.
I like the idea of Averillo and Wakeham in the halves together they look to be the best Halves combo at the club at present both have upside, and could solve part of our spine problem long term.
Also I think that Tolman will see out the year starting, you have also picked a strong bench which is good.
I totally agree with Meaney at FB and Harper in the centers, both have upside.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. Meaney
3. Harper
4. DWZ
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
9. Katoa
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. Elliott
13. Tolman

14. JMK
15. Britt
16. RFM
17. Ogden

I honestly don't know wtf to do with hooker and you could start either of the two I guess, but the unfortunate reality is that we need to use two hookers. Katoa is so erratic but is capable of executing the role at times while JMK is just incredibly average and really doesn't offer anything more than okay passing and good defence.

Hoppa, Averillo and Wakeham gives us 3 ball players across the spine and while I am tempted to see Meaney get a run at fullback I would prefer to go with Hoppa as we know he can support our young halves.

Backline reshuffle, forward pack reshuffle, etc...just about getting players into roles better suited to them and the team for the time being and finding a better balance. May have issues with the reshuffle but it isn't as if we're breaking up any worthwhile combinations.
That's our best team we could put on the park, in their best positions. Agree with the Meaney and Hoppa dilemna. That can evolve.

Hoping CHN gets massive fine and has to clean the Belmore Oval toilets/changeroom for the boys for the next 2 years but can rejoin the team a much chastened team member.

We may not see JO ever again in blue and white.

But I do think there needs to be a press conference, or interview, where they front up and take their medicine publicly.

Smith, Warner and Bancroft did so our players have the obligation to as well IMO. That requirement may also inspire these privileged players to realise their obligations to team mates, club and NRL.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis at nine is something I haven't thought about. Don't know why. I can see it working.
Cause he’s got such an awesome passing game, great vision and blistering speed off the mark. Seriously can we just forget about Lewis

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like it from 1 to 6. But leave Wakehem in with Averillo . Drop Lewis. Bring in Katoa. The forwards haven't done anything wrong... Its the halves and backs we need to get right.
I partially agree with your assessment...
But the major problem is in the forwards the hooker...The spark & direction !!!
The second problem is the lack of a bulldozing and go forward prop, someone to bent and hurt the oppositions defense.
After what we have seen this year
In my opinion these are the options for the spine
1st choice..............2nd choice
1 Meaney............. Averillo
6 JMK...................Averillo
7 Wakeham...........Cogger
9 Katoa.................JMK
I like Lewis he tries very hard, but he shouldn't be anywhere near any of those positions !!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. Meaney
3. Harper
4. DWZ
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
9. Katoa
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. Elliott
13. Tolman

14. JMK
15. Britt
16. RFM
17. Ogden

Thats my team too. That back row doesn't have a lot of ball playing in it besides Elliott occasionally but at least we have 4 ball players in the spine to compensate for it.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's just let the players tell the coach where they want to play.

Just like reimis , he is a winger full stop, just like dwz he is a winger as well.
Averillo is playing in the halves though it was more about some teams named on here that have him at fullback,wing and centre.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Averillo is playing in the halves though it was more about some teams named on here that have him at fullback,wing and centre.
Averillo looks good enough to play anywhere in the backs

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. Meaney
3. Harper
4. DWZ
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
9. Katoa
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. Elliott
13. Tolman

14. JMK
15. Britt
16. RFM
17. Ogden

And i cant understand why the coach cant see this, at least theres hope with a side like that imo.
Now with better balance they will have something to work on at training for a start.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo looks good enough to play anywhere in the backs
Sure he would make a good fist playing anywhere in the back line, but halves is his best position so lets fix our spine first.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. Meaney
3. Harper
4. DWZ
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
9. Katoa
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. Elliott
13. Tolman

14. JMK
15. Britt
16. RFM
17. Ogden

Staggs scored a hat trick last night. Harper kept him very quiet when we played them. Even in the trials Harper showed more than Smith.

Pay continues with picking the wrong fucking lineup. He's done it EVERY single year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Staggs scored a hat trick last night. Harper kept him very quiet when we played them. Even in the trials Harper showed more than Smith.

Pay continues with picking the wrong fucking lineup. He's done it EVERY single year.
It's crazy aye. Harper is by far the better option at centre yet Pay still persists with Smith. It was obvious from the very beginning that Smith was far more suited to the wing yet Pay fucked around and gave him a run there because???

It's just exhausting yet so many on here constantly want to protect him with and blame the cap for all these issue. Yh it's far from ideal but he actually had the right players in the right positions executing the right roles then I'm certain the team and individuals would look a lot better than some give them credit for.