Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We have enough cheaper talent. We need a marquee now. Who's going to wait 4 years until they hit their straps?

we need a Wighton, a Pearce or a Townsend next year or the one after. Our teams too inexperienced to flood it with greener players or rejects, we need to complement our guys with another leader in the halves and a big hopper, show stopper in the middle, and a big centre to partner Holland. If not, at least think outside the box like Japanese Union talent.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We have enough cheaper talent. We need a marquee now. Who's going to wait 4 years until they hit their straps?

we need a Wighton, a Pearce or a Townsend next year or the one after. Our teams too inexperienced to flood it with greener players or rejects, we need to complement our guys with another leader in the halves and a big hopper, show stopper in the middle, and a big centre to partner Holland. If not, at least think outside the box like Japanese Union talent.
Wighton, Pearce and Townsend are all under big contracts with their clubs that don't end for another 3-4 years. None are joining us.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Fuck it. I'm agreeing with Nasheed. One of us must be on drugs, and it isn't me.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Wighton, Pearce and Townsend are all under big contracts with their clubs that don't end for another 3-4 years. None are joining us.
When has that stopped anyone?

what will happen is someone will at some point feel that they are deserved more, and of Foran doesn't come good they will smell blood in the water, and seek to get out of their 600k contract elsewhere for a 900k payday.

hasn't the last two years taught us that day players get jaded and want movement when something isn't feeling right?
Cronk, Pearce, Matterson, Johnson, klemmer, Latrell, Roberts, Maloney, Hayne, Gagai, Packer,Leilua and Mccrone all taught us this in the last three years.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club says salary cap isnt an issue.. So lets target the best there is..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The club says salary cap isnt an issue.. So lets target the best there is..
We only need three players

1. a big Papa, big bopper, show stopper, hole popper. Prop or lock.

2. a controlling half. A genuine star. We still have Foran to fall back on worst case.

3. a big strike centre that can bust a move.

get those, add in a little Thompson, and we are set.

Also, we need to release hoppa, great player, just not what we need.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Your argument is illogical. Sailor would replace Crichton not Meaney. Koloamatangi would replace Stimson not Toomaga. Clifford is better than any half that we have.

You're dreaming if you think top stars are going to join us.
It's much the same. It's more of what we have already.

Top players will join us we're just going to have to pay more than you think they're worth. If I'm dreaming that we're not going to sign any top players for 2021 than this club is finished.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jake Clifford- Cowboys
Tristan Sailor- Dragons
Stephen Crichton- Panthers
Keaon Koloamatangi- Rabbitohs

I think they are all young talented players who have bright futures ahead.

Who are some of your buys?
I like Sailor and Crichton (has a good leap on him which we are yet to see in FG). Clifford has a good temperament too dunno how'd we fit him in our side if we want to forge ahead with Wakeham

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
an aggressive dominating front row, an attacking back rower, two outside backs, an attacking dummy half.
Players like Damien Cook n Isaac Luke started there grade careers as halves n fullbacks - both genuine footballers - when seeking a quality dummy half look for player with footy nouse n - not necessarily someone who is playing 9 currently.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to make a play for Christian’s brother..
Christian hasn’t been too bad in the first 2 games,but Stephen is on another level..
I would re-sign Christian to nab his brother..
Offer him a 3yr deal..
Hopefully he has ambitions of playing first grade with his brother..
What do you guys think?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
By playing with his brother do you mean replacing him and maybe seeing each other at training occasionally? :tearsofjoy:

A

Alexander the Great

I rate him so far. Has speed and has is level headed at times when most young kids would have cracked.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
By playing with his brother do you mean replacing him and maybe seeing each other at training occasionally? :tearsofjoy:
Haha..likely
But he could fill multiple positions I think
I think he needs to be tempted over with a nice sizeable contract..
There is definitely something about him

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Remember watching a panthers pre season video of them training with GWS to improve aerial ability. They were impressed with Stephen.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like when we signed Lloyd to join brother Sam....
Stephen Crichton has the look of a future superstar of the game..
It’s just a shame that we got Christian instead.
But if keeping Christian gets us his brother..so be it

A

Alexander the Great

He has that 21 district vibe to him. The haircut mainly...
Stephen Crichton has the look of a future superstar of the game..
It’s just a shame that we got Christian instead.
But if keeping Christian gets us his brother..so be it

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've been looking at the off contract lists and I reckon we should sign Tristan Sailor and Lachlan Lam. Both are from great stock and have looked great in the vast majority of games I've watched them.

With NSW cup cancelled and NRL likely to follow these two could be ripe for the picking in uncertain times, so it could be in our best interest to spend a little bit of coin now.

Of course this would cause some issues with our backline and trying to fit everyone in though (maybe even one of my faves in Meaney misses out)... but honestly they would both be a breath of fresh air and shake things up abit.

1. Sailor
6. Lam
7. Wakeham
9. (still an issue)

* Averillo can still play centre, we'd lock Wakeham for 7, give Lam a full season to show what he's got, if we aren't satisfied then pursue someone else like Burton or Luai
* Also depending on how Pay goes it gives us a potential shot at Adrian Lam if we don't have many options should we decide to take another direction, or at least even get him on board as an assistant to replace Antonelli and Georgallis

Last edited:

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Off contract in 20 would be on basic money we need to move last week for this guy ,num 1 priority