Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I think we should do whatever we can to try and get Harry Grant over. Maybe give them Lewis as a player swap.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think we should do whatever we can to try and get Harry Grant over. Maybe give them Lewis as a player swap.
Punting Lewis would sort out alot of our problems. Like most have mentioned on here recently, Hoppa would be a solid 6... Would perform better there than Lewis if required imo

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Punting Lewis would sort out alot of our problems. Like most have mentioned on here recently, Hoppa would be a solid 6... Would perform better there than Lewis if required imo
Hopoate, seriously, no long kicking, no high kicking game, short kicking game so so, yep, just what is needed in a 5/8.

Go Dogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hopoate, seriously, no long kicking, no high kicking game, short kicking game so so, yep, just what is needed in a 5/8.

Go Dogs
Not my original idea ... Was a dig at Lewis highlighting how shit a half he is and that Hoppa would be better there than him

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not my original idea ... Was a dig at Lewis highlighting how shit a half he is and that Hoppa would be better there than him
I'd like to find out whose original idea it was, there's a padded cell waiting for them.

Go Dogs

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Go Dogs
You didnt mention his lack of good defence. Seriously Hoppa is not a half, and never will be.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd like to find out whose original idea it was, there's a padded cell waiting for them.

Go Dogs
Was floated around here in a few other threads by other users last week sometime

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You didnt mention his lack of good defence. Seriously Hoppa is not a half, and never will be.
But he has better vision and passing game then Lewis and that was the original debate I believe

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But he has better vision and passing game then Lewis and that was the original debate I believe
He basically just said kicking game 3 different ways and flat out ignored that Hoppa is by far the better ball runner and ball player. Better short passing game, better long passing game, better quick passing game, better flick passing game, better offloading game...am I doing it right? Haha.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He basically just said kicking game 3 different ways and flat out ignored that Hoppa is by far the better ball runner and ball player. Better short passing game, better long passing game, better quick passing game, better flick passing game, better offloading game...am I doing it right? Haha.
Nailed it, all great attributes for a centre.

Go Dogs

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This bloke looks like his something special,get him to the Dogs,we have Montoya,Holland,wasting space

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
After seeing the hooking performance. We really should be doing all we can to get Harry Grant over. A season of top grade this season, could really see him show what he has learnt from Cam Smith, and run the team. Watching him play QLD Cup last year, he looks like a class player. We can't let the Tigers grab him, when we have the cash. A good hooker would make a big difference to this team.

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have seen some poor performance’s in the last few years but this is right up there with the worst!!!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs should sign him before June 30. Plays a lot like Barba, safe at the back, explosive speed and can read the game well.

We need to either do as above or play Meaney or Hoppa at fullback and DWZ either wing or center.

DWZ couldn’t catch Corona virus at a chinese backstreet market the middle of an outbreak.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jake Clifford- Cowboys
Tristan Sailor- Dragons
Stephen Crichton- Panthers
Keaon Koloamatangi- Rabbitohs

I think they are all young talented players who have bright futures ahead.

Who are some of your buys?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We really need better. Top proven NRL talent preferably with some X Factor (a controlling 7 and 9 would be ideal but it doesn't look available).

Clifford vs Wakeham/Cogger. Sailor vs Meaney. Koloamatangi vs Toomaga. It looks like much of the same same tbh. I think we're past recruiting players like this (develop them ourselves on the side like we have) unless they're freaks (and they're not going to be cheap).

Xavier Coates comes to mind as another tho.
Matt Burton looked good in his one and only NRL game.

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We really need better. Top proven NRL talent preferably with some X Factor (a controlling 7 and 9 would be ideal but it doesn't look available).

Clifford vs Wakeham/Cogger. Sailor vs Meaney. Koloamatangi vs Toomaga. It looks like much of the same same tbh. I think we're past recruiting players like this (develop them ourselves on the side like we have) unless they're freaks (and they're not going to be cheap).

Xavier Coates comes to mind as another tho.
Matt Burton looked good in his one and only NRL game.
Your argument is illogical. Sailor would replace Crichton not Meaney. Koloamatangi would replace Stimson not Toomaga. Clifford is better than any half that we have.

You're dreaming if you think top stars are going to join us.