WORST Bulldogs team 1996-2020

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So Dean Pay makes the Best and Worst teams as a player?
my mind is like liquid. I listen and think about everyone's replies here. Like everyone should be, fluid in the head so you don't get stuck on one idea and defend it mindlessly.

I was convinced from the thousand replies in the first thread and reconsidered.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
my mind is like liquid. I listen and think about everyone's replies here. Like everyone should be, fluid in the head so you don't get stuck on one idea and defend it mindlessly.

I was convinced from the thousand replies in the first thread and reconsidered.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who could forget these guys...…
Tim Winitana
Adam Brideson
Brent Crisp
Hekai Nanai
Todd Polglase
Pat O' Hanlon
They would probably all get a run under Pay.
That's quite a sorry list. Sorry Todd Polglase, but you're probably the weakest link here.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brett Howland
Hutch Maiava
Fred Briggs
Joe Williams
That guy that was a model or some shit
Millard
Thanks for this. Brett Howland! For some reason lately, I've been desperately trying to remember that short-arsed winger we got from Cronulla back in the day, and that was him! He pretty much did fuck all, but he was very quick!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
This is a g up. No trex. 1 thing is for certain, out of all bad coaches we have had des hasler is the coach that destroyed the club.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dean Pay????

say what you want about him as a coach but he was a great player

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im glad you disagree.
Gives me a chance to respectfully disagree with you and explain why.

Before Moore, our coaches were Chris Anderson, Gould and Steve Folkes for the 20 years preceding. We had a solid run of always being a premiership winner, grand finalist of just always up there about whilst playing a distinctive brand of footy.

This all changed when Moore took over.

Granted Folkes was approaching his used by date and the SBW situation didn't help things, when Moore took over. We really dropped the ball.

Firstly. He only got the job because he was Bullfrogs uncle or something. So from the get go we know this is nepotism, and not the best man for the job.
It's like in Bankstown when the Lebs charge other lebs 5 bucks for a kebab but then 9 bucks when an Aussie or Riz walks in. Only difference was this was at a corporate multi million dollar level.

All of a sudden we played weird footy like Souths at the time. Losers played for us. Guys so bad that I wish I could have named them in my worst team. But I didn't. We got the spoon (or lucked out because storm were docked, can't remember) and the train wreck that exists till this day started.

On the field, he had no real plan. He was a one trick pony with one set move that usually involved giving it to Bronson Goodwin. Teams figured it out quickly and he had no answers. And was punted.

anyine who follows could literally see his game plan. It was so easy to read.

The only saving grace, was he had the balls to face the community and force El Masri to retire, and made shrewd recruitment decisions Towards the end, which saves him from train wreck status and is pretty commendable as a coach. Recruitment is big.
However, this is blunted a tiny bit because he got lucky that Bennett for some reason told Hannant, Staggs, Eastwood and some other guy to go to the dogs. They all turned out decent. So I don't even know if his strongest point was a lot to do with him?

Its the reason why he's never mentioned in Bulldogs halls.

Pay isn't great but he's doing ok with the squad he has. Can he recruit? This will be his test.
His 12 month clock starts officially ticking now
Nah Pay is worse. Moore wasn’t a good coach either but he did have a good year in 2009 when we made it to the prelim and prob should’ve beat Parra in that game. From memory, Kimmorley copped an eye injury in the lead up to that game and wasn’t the same (he was superb that year).

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah Pay is worse. Moore wasn’t a good coach either but he did have a good year in 2009 when we made it to the prelim and prob should’ve beat Parra in that game. From memory, Kimmorley copped an eye injury in the lead up to that game and wasn’t the same (he was superb that year).
Farkkk my nice guy I have completely forgotten we had Kimmorley for two years. I cannot believe it because I always thought he was brilliant for us and very very underrated.

kidn of similar to Maloney. Can bring success. Had plenty of Bulldog trace DNA. Never stopped trying. Great purchase.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im glad you disagree.
Gives me a chance to respectfully disagree with you and explain why.

Before Moore, our coaches were Chris Anderson, Gould and Steve Folkes for the 20 years preceding. We had a solid run of always being a premiership winner, grand finalist of just always up there about whilst playing a distinctive brand of footy.

This all changed when Moore took over.

Granted Folkes was approaching his used by date and the SBW situation didn't help things, when Moore took over. We really dropped the ball.

Firstly. He only got the job because he was Bullfrogs uncle or something. So from the get go we know this is nepotism, and not the best man for the job.
It's like in Bankstown when the Lebs charge other lebs 5 bucks for a kebab but then 9 bucks when an Aussie or Riz walks in. Only difference was this was at a corporate multi million dollar level.

All of a sudden we played weird footy like Souths at the time. Losers played for us. Guys so bad that I wish I could have named them in my worst team. But I didn't. We got the spoon (or lucked out because storm were docked, can't remember) and the train wreck that exists till this day started.

On the field, he had no real plan. He was a one trick pony with one set move that usually involved giving it to Bronson Goodwin. Teams figured it out quickly and he had no answers. And was punted.

anyine who follows could literally see his game plan. It was so easy to read.

The only saving grace, was he had the balls to face the community and force El Masri to retire, and made shrewd recruitment decisions Towards the end, which saves him from train wreck status and is pretty commendable as a coach. Recruitment is big.
However, this is blunted a tiny bit because he got lucky that Bennett for some reason told Hannant, Staggs, Eastwood and some other guy to go to the dogs. They all turned out decent. So I don't even know if his strongest point was a lot to do with him?

Its the reason why he's never mentioned in Bulldogs halls.

Pay isn't great but he's doing ok with the squad he has. Can he recruit? This will be his test.
His 12 month clock starts officially ticking now

You put a lot of effort on here to try and be funny man.. fucken too much time on your hands

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some additions ..
Kane Cleal
Charlie Leaeno
Brad Morrin
Aaron Groom
Yileen Gordon