Opinion It's not Pays fault

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was their worst performance in a long time; and I've seen some shockers from them.
Pay will have to drop some to sharpen their skills, and demonstrate to the rest that their positions are not guaranteed. What harm can it do?
DWZ has to be dropped at least for a couple he was absolute shit, give Avarrilo his spot and piss Smith off back to the wing!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bullshit It’s his fault, he chooses to play players out of position. Mate blind joe can see DWZ shouldn’t be at the back, Lewis shouldn’t be halfback. We have pace either playing ressies or sitting on the bench waiting for a turn at FG. We will lose most games in the first half again, then Pay will bleed some young guys and get another shot next year. Pay was a champion player but is a SHIT coach. Des ball is better than Deano ball!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bullshit It’s his fault, he chooses to play players out of position. Mate blind joe can see DWZ shouldn’t be at the back, Lewis shouldn’t be halfback. We have pace either playing ressies or sitting on the bench waiting for a turn at FG. We will lose most games in the first half again, then Pay will bleed some young guys and get another shot next year. Pay was a champion player but is a SHIT coach. Des ball is better than Deano ball!
Look. I don't think Pay is the answer for the Dogs. Said that from day one. Not convinced on him. Our ability to get a better coach who could do more is another matter, and something for a different thread.

however, DWZ was lauded by pretty much EVERYONE on here after last year. He was seen as one of the reasons as to why our club turned things around the 2nd half of the season. He didn't have a full offseason. Didn't play any trial games. Admittedly been shit for the first two games but now you're blaming Pay for playing him?

Lewis I agree. I really do. I honestly can't believe that Pay hooked him. Something I never thought I'd see from him as a coach and actually made me really happy as it shows he's got some balls at least. The last thing Pay is going to do is now rubbish Lewis in public as that'd kill him. I think Pay did exactly the right thing by supporting him, and publicly saying that Lewis will learn from this experience.

Of course Des was / is a better coach than Pay. You'd be an idiot to say otherwise. The guy won premierships FFS. Stupid comparison.

Get we're all angry but FFS let's have a little bit of perspective ....

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look. I don't think Pay is the answer for the Dogs. Said that from day one. Not convinced on him. Our ability to get a better coach who could do more is another matter, and something for a different thread.

however, DWZ was lauded by pretty much EVERYONE on here after last year. He was seen as one of the reasons as to why our club turned things around the 2nd half of the season. He didn't have a full offseason. Didn't play any trial games. Admittedly been shit for the first two games but now you're blaming Pay for playing him?

Lewis I agree. I really do. I honestly can't believe that Pay hooked him. Something I never thought I'd see from him as a coach and actually made me really happy as it shows he's got some balls at least. The last thing Pay is going to do is now rubbish Lewis in public as that'd kill him. I think Pay did exactly the right thing by supporting him, and publicly saying that Lewis will learn from this experience.

Of course Des was / is a better coach than Pay. You'd be an idiot to say otherwise. The guy won premierships FFS. Stupid comparison.

Mate I agree regarding last years version of DWZ, but in saying that, he has no ball playing skills. He doesn’t chime into the back line with ease setting up any king of attack. And I agree he hasn’t had a great off season but now that goes back to Pay.

Pay should be easing him into the season, play him on the wing or center until he is up to the standards of an NRL fullback. Or play him at Holden Cup level until he’s standards are up to FG. Maybe have him watch Slater videos and get him one on one lessons with an attacking fullback coach.

I wasn’t comparing Des to Dean, I was just stating the “Des ball” as so named here by the haters (including me) is better than “Dean ball”. All I’m saying why would the Club go from NRL seasoned coach ( that caused the cap mess), to an unknown coach that obviously (now) can’t manage this poor roster we have.

I did however feel for Lachy when he was hooked, no one deserves that embarrassment,. The issue he had the other night is in the first 5 mins he took chances and they came off, he was on fire. It went to his head really quickly, it showed in his lack luster defense and his no look passes.

Your las comment regarding “perspective” is null and void. We all have are right to have and voice our opinions, right or wrong.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We can sugar coat it as much as we want but at the end of the day 3 years later nothing has changed and we still need the same things. A winger, centre, a half and a hooker. Possibly a Coach.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I had huge doubts over DWZ at fullback...just saying ;)

Dog74

New Pup
Reaction score
After reading posts on for a few yrs I have decided to join the kennel.......so be kind hahahahaha.

pay has issues with his coaching agreed. We do have a side lacking agreed.

but here are my thoughts:
Dwz is our best option a fb.
Respect to Meaney for how he has developed as a winger.
Rs is not a centre.
I would have the side as follows:
Dwz
NM
JA
Wh
Rs
Bw / jc
Jmk
Tomoga
Katoa
Nap
Elliot
Jacko
Lewis

tol
Brit
Ogden
Anyone but stimpson.

It’s just a starting point but I think a stronger attacking and defensive side. Jmk is not a 9 but a good fill in same a hop at fb. Our forwards fighting for a mtr should be dropping and playing for a fast play the ball. Lewis cld be a strong ball playing lock w good d. Another attacking option.
This is where I would start.

born and breed blue & white since 74.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
After reading posts on for a few yrs I have decided to join the kennel.......so be kind hahahahaha.

pay has issues with his coaching agreed. We do have a side lacking agreed.

but here are my thoughts:
Dwz is our best option a fb.
Respect to Meaney for how he has developed as a winger.
Rs is not a centre.
I would have the side as follows:
Dwz
NM
JA
Wh
Rs
Bw / jc
Jmk
Tomoga
Katoa
Nap
Elliot
Jacko
Lewis

tol
Brit
Ogden
Anyone but stimpson.

It’s just a starting point but I think a stronger attacking and defensive side. Jmk is not a 9 but a good fill in same a hop at fb. Our forwards fighting for a mtr should be dropping and playing for a fast play the ball. Lewis cld be a strong ball playing lock w good d. Another attacking option.
This is where I would start.

born and breed blue & white since 74.
well done on only spelling two of the 17 in your lineup corrrectly.
It's an achievement nailing Ogden but not getting 'Britt' correct.

A

Alexander the Great

First post really? There should be a **** button...
well done on only spelling two of the 17 in your lineup corrrectly.
It's an achievement nailing Ogden but not getting 'Britt' correct.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. DWZ
4. Hoppa
5. Smith

6. Averillo
7. Wakeham

8. Toomaga
9. Katoa
10. Napa

11. JJ
12. Elliott
13. Tolman

14. JMK
15. RFM
16. Britt
17. Ogden

18th Harper

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In terms of the above
Meaney has put on size and not lose speed and has enough peripheral vision, chiming in on the sweep plus hands are quite safe under the high ball.

DWZ has enough gas to create opportunities if given space

Hoppa and Smith reunited ie familiarity /combo

Young halves playing with exuberance with Jake’s running game and unpredictability plus Wakeham has steered an international team around so will be comfortable calling shots.

Katoa at least offers a different point of attack out of dummy half and bigger body defensively

Renouf because we need explosive power from the get
Tolman not getting dropped so push him to 13 to tighten middle on d

JMK covers 1-7 plus 9
Bench is power with Ogden and RFM plus offloading ability and Britt comes on and goes nuts

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
In terms of the above
Meaney has put on size and not lose speed and has enough peripheral vision, chiming in on the sweep plus hands are quite safe under the high ball.

DWZ has enough gas to create opportunities if given space

Hoppa and Smith reunited ie familiarity /combo

Young halves playing with exuberance with Jake’s running game and unpredictability plus Wakeham has steered an international team around so will be comfortable calling shots.

Katoa at least offers a different point of attack out of dummy half and bigger body defensively

Renouf because we need explosive power from the get
Tolman not getting dropped so push him to 13 to tighten middle on d

JMK covers 1-7 plus 9
Bench is power with Ogden and RFM plus offloading ability and Britt comes on and goes nuts
I forgot about CHN if we still have him, I don't know who I'd drop to make room for him.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who have you spotted in your extensive “looks around”?

Go Dogs
There are a few but it wouldn’t matter who I or anyone said you would find something to disagree with it.So for future reference as I have said to you before I do not bother to reply to your posts so please trot on.

A

Alexander the Great

If he doesn't like a response or something is too hard he just doesn't reply. We went back and forth the other night and disappeared like LL football's career.
There are a few but it wouldn’t matter who I or anyone said you would find something to disagree with it.So for future reference as I have said to you before I do not bother to reply to your posts so please trot on.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
In short, you got nothing, OK.

Go Dogs