We need a whole new team and coach

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Its a result based business, you don't get the results, or even attempt to get results, you get the boot.
Yep I agree. Give him a chance with a full salary cap and without our salary tied up with blokes like Foran.
If he fails we need to find a better coach who is available

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep I agree. Give him a chance with a full salary cap and without our salary tied up with blokes like Foran.
The worst case scenario for the Pay haters is he gets a one year contract extension until the end of 2021. That allows Pay to coach a roster that should be competitive to make the eight. If we make the finals Pay gets another year unless a top coach is available and we're ruthless. If he fails we get the best assistant coach available (or a top coach if available).

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the fact that nobody, including the Coach himself, know or agree what our best 17 or indeed who is a lock for any position, says it all. We are 2 and a bit years in now and it’s week to week lottery

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The worst case scenario for the Pay haters is he gets a one year contract extension until the end of 2021. That allows Pay to coach a roster that should be competitive to make the eight. If we make the finals Pay gets another year unless a top coach is available and we're ruthless. If he fails we get the best assistant coach available (or a top coach if available).
Sounds fair enough to me

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who will Pay attract to our roster for next year? Not thinking that Pay is up to a head coach role does not make you a Pay hater. I was very hopeful when Pay got the role, but he has been unimpressive to say the least. 3 years in, we cannot execute simple backline movements.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who will Pay attract to our roster for next year? Not thinking that Pay is up to a head coach role does not make you a Pay hater. I was very hopeful when Pay got the role, but he has been unimpressive to say the least. 3 years in, we cannot execute simple backline movements.
You're not going to get a top coach before the roster is here unfortunately (exhibit Knights - atm Pay is a rebuild coach). We're going to have to pay more then we'd like for players. I have more of a problem with the roster we have than Pay. We signed Thompson on rumoured big money, we're going to have to do the same with others.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need new fitness and strength and conditioning unit. Why have we been the weakest team for the last 5 years? Straight up... our contact has been terrible for so long.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shaun wane as coach ? What's your thoughts of him

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mannn just sign him up for assistant coach till pay gets sacked.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're not going to get a top coach before the roster is here unfortunately (exhibit Knights - atm Pay is a rebuild coach). We're going to have to pay more then we'd like for players. I have more of a problem with the roster we have than Pay. We signed Thompson on rumoured big money, we're going to have to do the same with others.
IMO, most coaches build their own roster and cap position is more of a concern for an incoming coach.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
IMO, most coaches build their own roster and cap position is more of a concern for an incoming coach.
Which top coach do you think will leave their team right now to coach us? (The answer is none for me). We need to recruit now for next year. No one is going to inherit our current roster. We're with Pay for a reason.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon we could get Stephen Kearney for next year if we can offer him a lock term deal.

would also entice some warriors to come over. Samoan ones.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I reckon we could get Stephen Kearney for next year if we can offer him a lock term deal.

would also entice some warriors to come over. Samoan ones.
Kearney is sideways at best.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't know mate. Surely we need to look at what he's providing now to make a judgement. Not expecting miracles but would expect the team to at the very least have more direction? Thought the attitude was right in the first round, but apparently not the second?

Though we're only 2 games in I guess it's best to give a little more time to make full judgment ...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we had a decent coach out there that was attainable we should go all out for him. Simple at that.

Think the reason those of us not calling for his immediate sacking is because of this lack of alternative. There really isn't someone out there who I think could make an immediate difference and attract those players.

Personally I'd be quite worried about him and attracting players in 2021. Looking at who he's signed so far, which ones can we say have been a hit?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we had a decent coach out there that was attainable we should go all out for him. Simple at that.

Think the reason those of us not calling for his immediate sacking is because of this lack of alternative. There really isn't someone out there who I think could make an immediate difference and attract those players.

Personally I'd be quite worried about him and attracting players in 2021. Looking at who he's signed so far, which ones can we say have been a hit?
If a top coach is available we should be ruthless and sign them. I just don't see it happening at least until the end of 2021. If 2021 is a poor season I'm sure we'll be forced to move on from Pay regardless and get the next best thing which is the best assistant coach (similar to Knights and O'Brien this year).

Outside DWZ and CHN we've only been able to sign opportunist players tho (can we classify CHN as an opportunist? Not sure). Those two I'd classify as rejects (not in a bad way, just not wanted by there clubs). It's hard to expect opportunists to light it up for us. We need more reject and top talent and emerging talent signings. We've signed Thompson which is supposed to be that but I'm not 100% sure myself yet. Before the season started I thought we needed three to four more players that are going to make a difference but from what I've seen possibly more.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If a top coach is available we should be ruthless and sign them. I just don't see it happening at least until the end of 2021. If 2021 is a poor season I'm sure we'll be forced to move on from Pay regardless and get the next best thing which is the best assistant coach (similar to Knights and O'Brien this year).

Outside DWZ and CHN we've only been able to sign opportunist players tho (can we classify CHN as an opportunist? Not sure). Those two I'd classify as rejects (not in a bad way, just not wanted by there clubs). It's hard to expect opportunists to light it up for us. We need more reject and top talent and emerging talent signings. We've signed Thompson which is supposed to be that but I'm not 100% sure myself yet. Before the season started I thought we needed three to four more players that are going to make a difference but from what I've seen possibly more.
Blah ... hate to say it but you're probably right. Can't see us getting a top coach as I don't see the reason for them coming here. Hasler came and it ended badly, and imagine that potential coaches would see that. Plus our pretty ordinary roster. Signing the best assistant coach is just going back down the same route as hiring Pay. Just meh ...

We need players, top players, to sign up. Who'd want to join us atm? OK. We can offer overs but ... we could've done that in the past but didn't.

Just meh. It's only 2 games in and we just need to hope that a few of these young players really stand up and make that step up to 1st grade. Who do you think we need? A winger, centre, fullback, half, halfback, prop, hooker?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't know mate. Surely we need to look at what he's providing now to make a judgement. Not expecting miracles but would expect the team to at the very least have more direction? Thought the attitude was right in the first round, but apparently not the second?

Though we're only 2 games in I guess it's best to give a little more time to make full judgment ...
It’s a tough one. I feel bad for him and what they do at training isn’t carrying out onto the field. Not being able to buy a marquee and missing Foran & CHN plus all the drama caused lately wouldn’t help. Hopefully they can hold the ball to give themselves half a chance. The club will already be looking what replacements are available and that’s fine too

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Waste the 3 years with Thompson!!
I dont think so!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
problem is for the past 6 years the club has been happy to plug along with mediocre and below par players, the biggest investment is foran and hes barely made the field, over all thies comes down to management, we need people in charge who know what it takes to run a successful business abd use that model to make the club and team a successful one again,
no more hiring people because of the so called bulldogs dna, thats bullshit, its all about hiring the best for that position, be it the ceo or half back or any spots, get the right people in the right spots