News Dogs to stick with Lewis in halves

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: what averillo to FB and move butt fingers to wing. Drop chriton. Add ogden and forwards just go forward and stop trying to score off every play .

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: what averillo to FB and move butt fingers to wing. Drop chriton. Add ogden and forwards just go forward and stop trying to score off every play .
Who's butt(er) fingers? We had a few last night.

A

Alexander the Great

Stop trying to be nasheed. It's sad and your making him upset.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the way Jacko spoke of Averillo in the jersey presentation was glowing. Sounds like the playing group have a lot of confidence in him which is good enough for me, lets see him start.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
that statement alone shows all those in charge of the club are clueless, dont say lynn and the board have no say over the coach and the team, they would have watched the game the same as us and should have picked up how shit we were.

we have no leadership, and no one in charge that is wanting to make this club great again, if they were they would be insisting on changes

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
after watching the presser, I'm not entirely sure Pay is convinced about Lewis, the guy that wrote this article could have put a bit context to the article IMO.

Pay was acting a bit cagey..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All Pay had to say was typical coach speak of: "we'll assess the combinations going forward during the week and see how everyone responds at training"

Instead, he confuses everyone by publicly supporting Lewis after hooking him early in the second half..

Part of me still thinks Lewis will be in Reserves come game day because even Pay surely can't be this blind but maybe that's just wishful thinking!

Dogsup

Waterboy
Reaction score
Drop chriton,push Smith to the wing, and put Averillo in the centres.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
All Pay had to say was typical coach speak of: "we'll assess the combinations going forward during the week and see how everyone responds at training"

Instead, he confuses everyone by publicly supporting Lewis after hooking him early in the second half..

Part of me still thinks Lewis will be in Reserves come game day because even Pay surely can't be this blind but maybe that's just wishful thinking!
I'm no pay fan, but I honestly believe he didn't say to much wrong on the matter.

if he later decides to pull Lewis its really none of the medias business. if he stated "we'll assess the combinations going forward" there would of been 50 articles stating we are in disarray and possibly putting more pressure on our halves..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Go back and look at some highlights of 2012, got us a huge amount of repeat sets due to his short kicking game.
Not much else to crow about though...
Nah he did have a good short kicking game and was a good support player too..... There's one game against manly that stands out where it ricocheted off the post and he scored...... but I do remember many instances where he kicked the ball straight into opposition players.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Did he support him though?
He said ‘He’ll learn from it and he’ll be better for it’.
As I recall he made similar comments when he put him in reggies last year.
Dean’s job is on the line this year, if he’s not thinking outside the box, well.....

Let’s see what happens when the team is named on Tuesday.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm no pay fan, but I honestly believe he didn't say to much wrong on the matter.

if he later decides to pull Lewis its really none of the medias business. if he stated "we'll assess the combinations going forward" there would of been 50 articles stating we are in disarray and possibly putting more pressure on our halves..
I'm saying I also think he could be just foxing and playing his cards close to his chest but you can't be sure with Pay. Any other coach would be done with the half he just benched but Pay we'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: GDR

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its very obvious that Averillo has more ability than Wakeham. That ability must be utilised.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dean’s job is on the line this year, if he’s not thinking outside the box, well.....

He said we have the right pairing which he didn't need to say. That's probably just him trying to take the spotlight off Lewis if anything. I actually think Pay will drop Lewis come game day because he has to now. Hopefully he does because Lewis has had enough chances.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Dinkumdog, can you share any info ?
What are the true feelings on board level towards Pay ?
He showed he was edgy and nervous in the interview !!!