Special Mention To Elliott

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Compared to the majority of our squad he has always been and looked good. I've never understood the hate personally. Is explosive and can't question his effort. The only thing I've seen that is a negative is errors.
Ive always been a fan. You need to be patient with some players, as they need time to develop. He has a skill set though. I doubt there's another forward in our team that can throw a 20-3 spiral cut out pass.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say, I've been critical of him in the past also but at least he puts in 100% every time.
This season he looks very fit & he has that miracle motivation that all players get at some stage.....
HE IS OFF CONTRACT, that is a great motivator.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Elliott has always played the game hard. Has been whacking blokes in defence for years. Actually has skill to. Just needs to get less excited at times

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The scoreline didn't reflect the poor display from the team but nonetheless there were a select few positive contributions.

Special mention to Elliott. I've been critical of him many times and he cops a lot of flak but credit where credit is due.

Tonight was one of his best and most complete games for the club. He threw himself into everything and had some nice touches. 140 metres. 44 tackles. Some nice one on one tackles on Taumalolo. A try assist.. He played really well and looked fitter and stronger than ever.

Britt, Meaney and Averillo also played well in a horrible team display. As did Renouf.. I don't know what more he has to do in Pay's eyes to play more than 30 minutes.

Anyway.. Well done to Elliott. If he keeps playing like that no one will be able to question his place in the team.
Always thought he was underated and agree he's improved a lot, but I think you need a good coach like Bellamy to make him even better, Pay hasn't got a clue.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Always thought he was underated and agree he's improved a lot, but I think you need a good coach like Bellamy to make him even better, Pay hasn't got a clue.
It was mainly his inconsistency, silly penalties and poor errors that I had an issue with. I've never questioned his effort or desire and he's always given his all every game. If anything sometimes he was guilty of trying to do too much.

So far this year he looks like a different player. In any sport I'm always weary of players improving their form in a contract year and whether they'll maintain that form once they secure a new deal but hopefully Elliott has turned the corner in his career and will find the consistency that's eluded him in the past.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he's developing into a very good NRL forward, but Joey Johns stating he is a future origin player might be a bit of a stretch.
I said after rnd 1 if he keeps it up his name will be in the discussions. He's not doing him chances any harm...

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep, nice to see him getting some credit for a good start to the season. He’s always had a big upside. If he can find consistency, he’ll be a weapon.
Yeah but you just know the very next game he has where he makes a dumb error the knives will be back out; "worst player to ever pull on our jersey", "why does Pay pick this dope?", "Adam Idiott!!!"

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah but you just know the very next game he has where he makes a dumb error the knives will be back out; "worst player to ever pull on our jersey", "why does Pay pick this dope?", "Adam Idiott!!!"
Sad, but true.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
my recommendation is to not make dumb errors

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@simmmo He's not a bad footballer is he..
Not bad, but in this team he's not great either. He isn't very big. If he's playing with Stimson and Jacko, that back row is undersized. As i said happy to have him if there are some really big boys next to him.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Effort is always there and has great speed and tries his heart out. More than what I can say for others!.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ive been a big critic of Elliott in the past, but credit were credit is due.. he has started the season of very strong and looks dangerous at times. I would like too see it consistently through out the season now... I still think he would be better coming of the bench for impact though.
Yeh never really considered Elliot off the bench for impact but now that I think about it I can see him as an impact player
He's got the attributes of a good impact player maybe lacking in size and strength but makes up for it with his agility
Did he use to come off the bench ? My memory is bad

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Contract year.
Has this guy improved out of sight or does he only look good because the rest of our team are shit? I swear he wasn't playing this good 12 months ago.....right now he looks like our mvp, which kinda reflects how bad we are going if Adam Eliot is our best player.