Forwards actually didn't do well tonight

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our forwards are shite. It was actually dwz, hoppa, Crichton and reimis doing most of the hard yards coming off our line starting sets. The cream puffs we've got in the pack, they are just getting dominated. Tonight was the first time I think I came away thinking that Jacko might be past it. He was solid, but we need a lot more than solid. Tolman has been solid for the last 4 years, but we've been losing. Renouf was great. Elliot was good too. But we can't play 3 plodders starting in the back row. Happy to have Elliot at lock only if Jacko and Stimson are dropped for some big boppers. Otherwise the back row is way too small. Elliot had a decent game. But look at the comparison with Taumalolo at the end of the game. Different class. We need someone with taumalolos size and intimidation factor.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How pay keeps picking stimson yet ogden cant get a run

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stimson needs to be dropped, Lewis needs to be dropped, tolman don't expect much from him it's his last season anyway, Smith is not a centre need to be put on the wing he's been given a chance so far done shittt all. DWZ needs to learn to catch a ball if he continues to drop them send him to the wing or centre and put meaney there.

Dogs need to sign a winger and a centre, a hooker and a half. I must say Elliot is the only one playing well compared to the rest and so far deserves to be on the 17.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At what point does RFM get written off? Maybe he’s still trying to find his feet after injury but he it’s increasing looking like he’s one of those promising players that won’t ever deliver.
I have said that about him for the last couple of years.he needs to play under a Bennett or Bellamy to bring out his best.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I think we lost the ruck. The cowboys were able to get a roll on and get down field easy. Fast play the balls and easily crossing the half way line. The moment was lost once wakeham kicks the ball dead on the 3rd while we are on the attack and 6 nil up. We never gain momentum again

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Taumalolo bitch slapped our entire pack all by himself

Embarrassing

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Taumalolo bitch slapped our entire pack all by himself

Embarrassing
A once in a generation player up against average NRL players (when you compare them to other teams average is probably an overstatement). It is expected.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A once in a generation player up against average NRL players (when you compare them to other teams average is probably an overstatement). It is expected.
How is making a all time running meters record for a forward expected?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You'd get more out of Chris Smith then stimson the way he's playing lol
I could of told you that before the start of the season. C. Smith would of been in our 17 and in the lock rotation role. Stimson wouldn't of even made the side. Also C. Smith isn't as bad as you think when comparing him with (relative to) what we have.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How is making a all time running meters record for a forward expected?
I didn't say that. That's more than I'd expect but if he was to do it against someone it'd be us, Warriors or Titans (so it was very possible). Taumalolo "bitch slapping" us is expected.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Doesn't help that they are getting poor service. The passing game is way too predictable, none of them are being put into holes with clever passing

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't be the 'Dogs of War' if our players are only pups in stature.

We can make many excuses of why we lost but seriously have a look at our teams size compared to the Cowboys. You could see they were winning the ruck. They easily wrapped us up but hit us hard also. They left a mark on us and were too powerful. And the metres gained and post contact metres compared to ours is embarrassing. Shit better not show those numbers.

I'm not blaming anyone but when WE criticise the team we have to take everything into account. It's the same old story, recruitment, recruitment and recruitment. 2021 can't come soon enough.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
-
I hope so. But i still don't think pay will start Averillo... It's such a tough call to make when you think about the impact of Covid 19 and NSW cup not playing. I can see him playing Cogger and doing the same thing he did tonight with hooking Lewis. Whilst I don't agree with it, contract decisions need to be made and I'm thinking the staff may try use this scenario as Jacks last chance.
If Wakeham has shown enough to be the HB then as much as some people aren't going to like it, if you follow the process of elimination of the halves next in line is...

Wakeham / Lewis

Wakeham / Cogger

Wakeham / Averillo

Cool to see how it pans out and if Cogger or Lewis work out would be nice to see how Avo goes at FB and shifting DWZ to centre? I just want to see it asap before the Covid shit takes over.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah our pack just sacked it

Yes he’s a damaging runner but we made it lots easier for him

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Few years back RT was gonna be that guy when he played 2ndrow.

They put him into middle. Ok fair enough but it's criminal the way this guys talents have not been fostered. A shame no one is developing and taking that next step up.
Our forwards are shite. It was actually dwz, hoppa, Crichton and reimis doing most of the hard yards coming off our line starting sets. The cream puffs we've got in the pack, they are just getting dominated. Tonight was the first time I think I came away thinking that Jacko might be past it. He was solid, but we need a lot more than solid. Tolman has been solid for the last 4 years, but we've been losing. Renouf was great. Elliot was good too. But we can't play 3 plodders starting in the back row. Happy to have Elliot at lock only if Jacko and Stimson are dropped for some big boppers. Otherwise the back row is way too small. Elliot had a decent game. But look at the comparison with Taumalolo at the end of the game. Different class. We need someone with taumalolos size and intimidation factor.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stimson was always a bizarre choice to bring to the club. He didn't get many starts at Melbourne for the time he was there and even when he did get game time there was nothing outstanding about him. In the 2 games he has played in blue and white thus far he has looked very lazy in defence and very one dimensional in attack.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stimson was always a bizarre choice to bring to the club. He didn't get many starts at Melbourne for the time he was there and even when he did get game time there was nothing outstanding about him. In the 2 games he has played in blue and white thus far he has looked very lazy in defence and very one dimensional in attack.
He’s more of what we’ve already got. Can slot in 2 a fill a positions but just another plodder a la Tolman/Jackson.....jack of all master of none

Given the imminent sacking of CHN & JO our roster looks dreadful the worst in the NRL