Opinion Sack Lewis

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apart from the early try, the team structure looked so much better after Lewis got hooked. Lewis’ shit passes were responsible for more than one Wakeham dropped ball.

If Lewis can’t play what’s in front of him (obvious) and can’t play to a structure (acc. to Pay) then he’s a headless chook.

I feel bad for the guy, I get the feeling he’s been built up by others that he’ll be our next great half etc. at the moment, he ain’t that

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis is money ball.

His defence Lifts the two Guys next to him, creating the wall we have.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The usual 'Sack Pay' calls. Who replaces him? No-one never answers that question. Who?
I'm not suggesting we should replace Pay but to be fair there's a very obvious answer here.

shane Flanagan.
Players love to play for him, he has skill in recruiting and a track record of bringing a team that was a mess back from the brink.

Failing that, like others have mentioned, Lee Malkoun would be a great option because of the Ron Massey success record and community and political links. Even Bennett could do the job.

there are options. Should we decide to go down this path. Nasheed.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People need to understand that Lachlan Lewis will never be our Wally Lewis.

Yes, they are related with the same surname, though that's where it ends.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People need to understand that Lachlan Lewis will never be our Wally Lewis.

Yes, they are related with the same surname, though that's where it ends.
Hence why the plan to play him early as HB to see how he goes this yr was the logical move. He might get one more game to see if he has learnt how to play alongside Wakeham but if it don't workout then that name will be a great bargaining chip for any trades, maybe even before the June 30 dead line.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting we should replace Pay but to be fair there's a very obvious answer here.

shane Flanagan.
Players love to play for him, he has skill in recruiting and a track record of bringing a team that was a mess back from the brink.

Failing that, like others have mentioned, Lee Malkoun would be a great option because of the Ron Massey success record and community and political links. Even Bennett could do the job.

there are options. Should we decide to go down this path. Nasheed.
I’ve said this many times too:

- Flanagan cannot be a head coach until 2022 under his parole conditions from the NRL. And he’s a cheating grub who I hope we’d never employ.

- Bennett is at Soufs until the end of 2021, it’s been announced.

So put a line through both of them. That’s what I’m saying - there’s currently no-one for 2021 unless another current coach is unhappy or sacked.

As for Malkoun, I’d prefer to keep Pay than try another NRL rookie. If Pay has to go, it’s only for an established and experienced NRL coach.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Meanwhile averillo stopped Hess one on one in a very similar situation..
Yeah said the same thing in the game thread hess ran the same line and avo pulled him up short, wakeham at 7 and avo at 6 is our only way forward for mine,but they need to be given time in those spots to develop a combo good games or bad to prep for next year.my worry now is that pay will start playing musical chairs with our halves.0-2 in a likely shortened season means we are done for this year so we should let these young blokes play some footy in the RIGHT positions

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Lewis missed 5 tackles.. wakeham missed 1 .. just saying..

That's probably why Pay hooked him..
It was a lot more than missed tackles... As Joey said and I qoute" he needs to get he's running game in order which will get he's passing game in order"
Dogs can't wait for that. Bring in Averillo... The one bright light we have at the moment.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was a lot more than missed tackles... As Joey said and I qoute" he needs to get he's running game in order which will get he's passing game in order"
Dogs can't wait for that. Bring in Averillo... The one bright light we have at the moment.
I was more trying to make a point about those who wank on about his defense.. yeah I think his overall game is atrocious tbh.. he can't remain in the halves..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone watch Pay presser

Lewis will keep his spot

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ruthlessly pinch a head coach...such as Dessie?? lol
we need Cameron Smith to have a swansong at our club ala Cronk
Yuck. I hate Smith.
As good as he is as a player, I just cant stand him and it would hurt to see him in blue and white.
It would never happen anyway so I guess its irrelevant.

Lewis is money ball.

His defence Lifts the two Guys next to him, creating the wall we have.
Fuck, its a rice paper wall after last nights efforts.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve said this many times too:

- Flanagan cannot be a head coach until 2022 under his parole conditions from the NRL. And he’s a cheating grub who I hope we’d never employ.

- Bennett is at Soufs until the end of 2021, it’s been announced.

So put a line through both of them. That’s what I’m saying - there’s currently no-one for 2021 unless another current coach is unhappy or sacked.

As for Malkoun, I’d prefer to keep Pay than try another NRL rookie. If Pay has to go, it’s only for an established and experienced NRL coach.
Well said dinkumdog !
The question is, can we as a club afford to prolong the suffering and the failure ?
I don't blame Pay for our terrible state , I blame him and his manager for putting himself in this predicament !
Our club used to be the blue print to all other clubs, now we are a disaster.
We can't attract or keep players or sponsors and fast loosing our precious supporters
We are in a desperate need for someone like BELLAMY
My solution would be to brake the bank to bring him over ( if News Ltd allows it :rage: ) it would still be cheaper than wasting the cap money year in year out !!!
You seem to be connected, if so do us all a favour...Next time you speak to Lynn give her this message (((( go back into the future and use the same method that BULLFROG used when it was needed back in the early eighties team squabbles, precisely after winning the 1980 GF ))) she would know what I am talking about !!!
As for Lewis, I like the kid but he has to come down off his high horse, He isn't a 1/2 and struggles at 5/8, if he wants to save his carrier he should bulk up, he would make an exceptional lock !!!

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyone watch Pay presser

Lewis will keep his spot
I did but think it’s 50/50.
For the record I want Averillo to start, not just because he’s in my SuperCoach team :grinning: