Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
ye but it's house and her ass at the next elections, literally Joe blow would beat this ticket, the long slow approach will not cut it anymore for rialled up fans sick of mediocrity

I've got plenty of opinions but not gonna bother listing them as the cheerleaders would get their knickers in a knot
Cheerleaders - always the same excuse.
Lynne just won an election last month - so it seems Joe Blow didn't nominate in time or turn up on election day.
At a minimum she's got 2 more years in charge - regardless of who likes that or not (the members seem fine with it, they voted her back in).

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only good thing to come of this match:
----
You tipped Cowboys to win by 8 points and they won by 8 points. You tipped the correct margin for the match!

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott, Britt, Hoppa, Crichton, Meaney,Averilo , JJ , Toomaga only ones that can hold head up high

Everyone else disgraced the club
Haha Crichton let a try in cause of his short ass when it should of been smith there

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know he probably could but I think Averillo and Wakeham could be a an awesome halves paring. I don’t want to eff that up right now it could be something good we need to give it a go.
I can’t see dean giving that combo a start for a while for some reason
I think he will persist with Lewis , and you can’t blame him
Averillo has played 1 game

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How bad are these stats....

- 62% completions
- 39 missed tackles
- 16 errors
Damn. Was going to ask for some more indepth insight into the game but that really says it all. So much for the defensive solidarity.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn. Was going to ask for some more indepth insight into the game but that really says it all. So much for the defensive solidarity.
We actually started the game really well Lewis kicked an early 40/20 which resulted in Wakeham blowing it with a early grubber that went dead. On our next set JMK passed down the blindside and nice hands from Lewis and Stimson sent Meaney down the sideline who passed back into Lewis for a try.

That’s as good as it got they just couldn’t hold the ball DWZ and Wakeham in particular. The Cowboys got 2 back to back try’s and that was it. DWZ got sin binned just before halftime too.

The second half started ok with a nice ball from Elliott to send To’omaga over. We tried to get back in the grind but we just couldn’t hold the ball. Lewis was hooked with 20 to go for Averillo who looked classy. The final 20 was actually not bad it was the first time in the last 2 games were we actually looked composed and fluid with the ball.

Elliott, Meaney, Averillo were the only players you’d feed after that. The pack got stomped by Taumalolo who almost made as many meters as our whole forwards in the first half. It was a very disappointing game as without the errors you get the feeling we would have gone close to winning it.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
That whole 'we'll carry the momentum from the end of 2019 into 2020' thing hasn't really worked out.
Said that I had no reason to believe this in the off season and got abused for it constantly.

Same as lat season. All fake hype and opened the season 2-7?

People Just dismissed we where fighting off the spoon all year. Now we don’t have Foran (no denying when healthy he adds something)

We are shit. I knew it. Just disappointing to see nothing has improved. Again.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His an absolute soldier... Pound for pound one of the strongest in the game I reckon and all heart. His can go 80 but if playing him in shorter stints so he can attack more would be awesome.

How about replacing him all together with katoa to give us a point of difference in attack

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cheerleaders - always the same excuse.
Lynne just won an election last month - so it seems Joe Blow didn't nominate in time or turn up on election day.
At a minimum she's got 2 more years in charge - regardless of who likes that or not (the members seem fine with it, they voted her back in).
The kennel adidas mafia should’ve started a rival ticket. They have plenty of cheerleaders haha

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We actually started the game really well Lewis kicked an early 40/20 which resulted in Wakeham blowing it with a early grubber that went dead. On our next set JMK passed down the blindside and nice hands from Lewis and Stimson sent Meaney down the sideline who passed back into Lewis for a try.

That’s as good as it got they just couldn’t hold the ball DWZ and Wakeham in particular. The Cowboys got 2 back to back try’s and that was it. DWZ got sin binned just before halftime too.

The second half started ok with a nice ball from Elliott to send To’omaga over. We tried to get back in the grind but we just couldn’t hold the ball. Lewis was hooked with 20 to go for Averillo who looked classy. The final 20 was actually not bad it was the first time in the last 2 games were we actually looked composed and fluid with the ball.

Elliott, Meaney, Averillo were the only players you’d feed after that. The pack got stomped by Taumalolo who almost made as many meters as our whole forwards in the first half. It was a very disappointing game as without the errors you get the feeling we would have gone close to winning it.
Great summation mate

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Cheers mate. Much appreciated. Not all dom & gloom but a lot to work on without a doubt! Thanks!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can’t see dean giving that combo a start for a while for some reason
I think he will persist with Lewis , and you can’t blame him
Averillo has played 1 game
You absolutely can blame him. Stop. Picking. Lewis.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How about replacing him all together with katoa to give us a point of difference in attack
Why Katoa isn't on the bench already is beyond me but considering he didn't play Ccup last wk there must be an issue....

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha Crichton let a try in cause of his short ass when it should of been smith there
Smith would have let the same try In because it’s more about the defensive pattern than the player

Furthermore Crichton saves a certain try ( 3 or 4 man overlap ) which you conveniently ignored

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His an absolute soldier... Pound for pound one of the strongest in the game I reckon and all heart. His can go 80 but if playing him in shorter stints so he can attack more would be awesome.
Yea I like JMK and agree he is all heart. He showed that last night with effort on effort in D. But the team desperately needs attacking spark and it’s not fair From Pay to expect JMK to provide that for 80 mins and still make 40+ quality tackles

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stimson’s stats are horrible

28 mins and he managed 1 hit up for 7 mins and made 15 tackles and two misses. I don’t think that includes where he got burnt by Drinkwater because he didn’t even get a hand on him.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking that the two notable players that got subbed and didn't come back were Stimson and Lewis? They were the two main problems for the two Cowgirl tries that got us behind the game in the first half.
What was Stimson doing in the centres at the scrum anyway?

Who made this decision? Was it Jackson, was it Pays, umm strategy?

If we can't get our scrum formation right we have more problems than what we think.

This is an error not even park footballers would make. Amateurish to say the least.