Opinion Sack Lewis

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It was good to see him get hooked, he started well with the 40/20 and then the try and lead up work but then he just overplayed his hand. He seems to lack concentration at times. Pay showed last year with CHN that he's prepared to drop players if they're not performing or need to improve on certain areas of their game.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lynne gets paid to do that, not us. All we know is that Pay has shown he isn’t the right one for us moving forward
No, Lynne does not. Perhaps Hill does.
Surely you have an opinion on who an alternative is?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone. We literally can’t go worse than Pay. Dymock was the better Bulldogs option if we went that way.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would love some ruthless negotiating with a current contracted coach. But we don’t have that anymore, the pull is gone

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Would love some ruthless negotiating with a current contracted coach. But we don’t have that anymore, the pull is gone
Well that might depend on who else is recruited for 2021. As I said earlier today, everyone should keep their powder dry until after 30 June.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The usual 'Sack Pay' calls. Who replaces him? No-one never answers that question. Who?
Don't know in particular (who is available?), but would love a real coach and not some fraud pretending to be a coach.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Kevin Walters or Lee Malkoun.
Walters says he only wants to coach Queensland - he's desperate to win another Origin series having lost the last two.
Malkoun I don't know much about - he coaches NSW Cup level, right?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone. We literally can’t go worse than Pay. Dymock was the better Bulldogs option if we went that way.
Mate seriously - who's anyone?
At least name some names.
You can't live in the past - Dymock didn't happen and the Sharks didn't want him either - they chose Morris.
This is a key point. I'm not necessarily defending Pay - I think he's done a decent job given the squad he's had.
Yes we're 0-2 and that's not a great start. Yes, Dean is going to have to fight for his job this year.
But there are NO credible, clear alternatives - that's why I say repeatedly - WHO?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Don't know in particular (who is available?), but would love a real coach and not some fraud pretending to be a coach.
That's precisely it - who is available? No-one at this stage (NRL wise).
Lower grades? Maybe. England? Maybe. But no-one appropriate has been identified.
That's why I'm not joining the Sack Pay chorus - because I can't see a clear alternative.

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't live in the past - Dymock didn't happen and the Sharks didn't want him either - they chose Morris.
This is a key point. I'm not necessarily defending Pay - I think he's done a decent job given the squad he's had.
Yes we're 0-2 and that's not a great start. Yes, Dean is going to have to fight for his job this year.
But there are NO credible, clear alternatives - that's why I say repeatedly - WHO?
I think everyone knew how to do a good job even when des was in charge ... maybe this **** has no idea and thinks he does ?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That's precisely it - who is available? No-one at this stage (NRL wise).
Lower grades? Maybe. England? Maybe. But no-one appropriate has been identified.
That's why I'm not joining the Sack Pay chorus - because I can't see a clear alternative.
So he keeps his job by default.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What about Sancho or Kiwidog7 are they available

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ruthlessly pinch a head coach...such as Dessie?? lol
we need Cameron Smith to have a swansong at our club ala Cronk

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The two new coaches this year that started in the NRL would have been available. Yet we continued with a failure that showed zero signs of improvement. Sorry to be blunt but the longer he stays the worse we get.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why wasn’t the club interested in luring Holbrook back to coach.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis missed 5 tackles.. wakeham missed 1 .. just saying..

That's probably why Pay hooked him..
Pay stated he hooked Lewis because he wasn’t controlling the game and went away from the game plan so he needs to learn more control in future.

Reactions: GDR

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The two new coaches this year that started in the NRL would have been available. Yet we continued with a failure that showed zero signs of improvement. Sorry to be blunt but the longer he stays the worse we get.
Holbrook and O'Brien.
I'd like to think if we wanted Holbrook he'd rather join us over the Titans (did we go after him? Not sure).
I can't say the same regarding O'Brien tho. Knights are more of an attraction to coach at currently (already out of what we're going through, have the roster to make finals).
I see pay in a similar boat to Brown (with most likely the same future).