Special Mention To Elliott

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The scoreline didn't reflect the poor display from the team but nonetheless there were a select few positive contributions.

Special mention to Elliott. I've been critical of him many times and he cops a lot of flak but credit where credit is due.

Tonight was one of his best and most complete games for the club. He threw himself into everything and had some nice touches. 140 metres. 44 tackles. Some nice one on one tackles on Taumalolo. A try assist.. He played really well and looked fitter and stronger than ever.

Britt, Meaney and Averillo also played well in a horrible team display. As did Renouf.. I don't know what more he has to do in Pay's eyes to play more than 30 minutes.

Anyway.. Well done to Elliott. If he keeps playing like that no one will be able to question his place in the team.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive been a big critic of Elliott in the past, but credit were credit is due.. he has started the season of very strong and looks dangerous at times. I would like too see it consistently through out the season now... I still think he would be better coming of the bench for impact though.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great work by Elliott, his speed running the ball up was much better than Tolman and Napa.

I really think we got screwed over in the first half because we weren't playing the ball quick enough since the Cowboys were wrestling us to the ground. Glad Pay got this to the team in the second half and we wrestled them as well, otherwise they would have dominated territory in the second half as well.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The scoreline didn't reflect the poor display from the team but nonetheless there were a select few positive contributions.

Special mention to Elliott. I've been critical of him many times and he cops a lot of flak but credit where credit is due.

Tonight was one of his best and most complete games for the club. He threw himself into everything and had some nice touches. 140 metres. 44 tackles. Some nice one on one tackles on Taumalolo. A try assist.. He played really well and looked fitter and stronger than ever.

Britt, Meaney and Averillo also played well in a horrible team display. As did Renouf.. I don't know what more he has to do in Pay's eyes to play more than 30 minutes.

Anyway.. Well done to Elliott. If he keeps playing like that no one will be able to question his place in the team.
Good on you mate giving credit where it is due. He’s playing very well considering the pressure we are putting ourselves under with unforgivable mistakes, particularly on the first tackle

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has this guy improved out of sight or does he only look good because the rest of our team are shit? I swear he wasn't playing this good 12 months ago.....right now he looks like our mvp, which kinda reflects how bad we are going if Adam Eliot is our best player.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was good. Looked dangerous with the ball.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Compared to the majority of our squad he has always been and looked good. I've never understood the hate personally. Is explosive and can't question his effort. The only thing I've seen that is a negative is errors.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have never been more worried. Don’t know what to think anymore

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’s going well, stands out cause he has what most of our forwards lack, leg speed and a bit of ball skill

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The issue is with Elliott is that he always seems to make poor decision at crucial times, these also become far more noticeable once he starts to fatigue.

The other big thing is the makeup of our pack. He can do a job as your third middle forward as he can play off momentum and pick out gaps by either running a handy line, skipping across field or linking up with another player with his sort passing. But have him against a set defensive line and he goes nowhere...and with Tolman and Napa in the side as starting props this happens too often.

He has defenitely looked a lot better this season and maybe a little better conditioned so that may lead improvements in some areas. Either way I think he's far more suited as a high energy forward off the bench rather than a starting player....wouldn't break the bank for him as I think Thompson should really be a starting lock for us and not a prop forward.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve hated him for the last 2 seasons. But he has definitely improved. Just needs to keep his head and continue to hold the ball and not give stupid penalties

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I’ll reserve judgement until he gets here but I think Sancho is pretty close. Elliot’s energy tonight was better than the rest and he doesn’t shirk the contact, I was impressed. We’ll see.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he's developing into a very good NRL forward, but Joey Johns stating he is a future origin player might be a bit of a stretch.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He just does his job of running hard and tackling. Very solid in my opinion. He's been good the last two weeks. Second only to Napa in aggressive runs last week. Tonight he pipped the rest of the pack. People single him out for errors, but the whole team made a crapload of them tonight.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s definitely fitter, and improved a lot, his energy is great an his carries/runs are with purpose. Tries hard (always has) ... I’ve been happy with him the first two rounds..!!!

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wow. it's amazing what we see as a good performance now. Elliot has been nothing more then a bench player at best. He offers buggar all.
The post contact metres Cowboys were getting were through the roof. We missed 30 odd tackles and 17 mistakes.
Jackson should be lock. Simple. Elliot can have a rest with the reserve grade side.