Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"There are at least 8 countries between Chile and Mexico... most of them unpleasant. So that would be one helluva bus ride! :grinning:"

Oops my bad. It is Guatemala not Chile. Thanks for correction :grinning:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I know what you mean but also...

We are now realising we live in a society: not just in an economy".
Unfortunately the world economy can't collapse it needs to keep going it will be much worse than a virus if it all falls to shit

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as history shows that things go down the crapper from time to time, it equally shows that things get good again pretty rapidly afterwards.

What really counts is what we do as people and as communities. Just heard today of a guy in Sydney who distills gin who has turned to making hand sanitizer to give to charities who need it like meals on wheels.

The difficulty for some people is that by having their attention too fixed upon an imaginary "end of days" scenario, they don't notice all the good stuff that is happening.
Yeah, without a doubt. There's more good people in society than bad people. And there's a decent chance that things won't go completely wrong. But there's always the bad seeds that will cause trouble and when people get desperate then morals slip.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Lov_Dog and @Hacky McAxe The brains trust of the kennel.
Hubei/Wuhan
Has an area of 185,900 km² with 58.5million
People roughly 80,000 people contracted it with around 3500 deaths ( big question mark on China's honesty on this .and after 3 months apparently dropped right off with no reported cases today.
Australia has an area of
7,692,024 km2 with a population of around 25million people we are at the beginning with under 1000 infections and 5 dead granted we don't use most of our country but wouldn't our biggest defence in this be distance? And we got plenty of room.

So if all these Fucking panic buyer's and hoarders just slowed the fuck down or preferably the military just shoots them
Possibly. China has one key factor we don't have. They have dealt with a large amount of epidemics. We haven't.

I was listening to a talk by an American virologist last night who raised a good point. In places like China and Hong Kong, they have been hit with this stuff before so they're all prepared. Lov_Dog pointed this out earlier with Singapore.

The virologist said that while masks don't protect you from the virus, they do at least partially prevent the sick from spreading it to others. In Hong Kong the moment there was word of an outbreak everyone worse a mask. That slowed down the spread. They also took other measures to ensure the stop of the virus including closing schools when they had very few cases.

Basically put, everyone in China, Hong Kong and the others were prepared and they all took it seriously. Meanwhile we are still treating it with a "wait and see" approach. Seriously. When advised that we need strong quarantine measures the Australian government's response was "we'll wait until more people get infected"

A

Alexander the Great

You need to start a kennel podcast and have a member on every week to discuss world issues.

Blueboost first guest my vote.
Possibly. China has one key factor we don't have. They have dealt with a large amount of epidemics. We haven't.

I was listening to a talk by an American virologist last night who raised a good point. In places like China and Hong Kong, they have been hit with this stuff before so they're all prepared. Lov_Dog pointed this out earlier with Singapore.

The virologist said that while masks don't protect you from the virus, they do at least partially prevent the sick from spreading it to others. In Hong Kong the moment there was word of an outbreak everyone worse a mask. That slowed down the spread. They also took other measures to ensure the stop of the virus including closing schools when they had very few cases.

Basically put, everyone in China, Hong Kong and the others were prepared and they all took it seriously. Meanwhile we are still treating it with a "wait and see" approach. Seriously. When advised that we need strong quarantine measures the Australian government's response was "we'll wait until more people get infected"

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds good but the US have already started testing a vaccine. Other issue is that human trials take a long time and if the vaccine doesn't work out well then it's back to the drawing board.
I certainly know about trials in terms of duration and failures with spinal injuries..sometimes pulled on purpose but that’s my personal conspiracy theory Hacky.. Yes I agree that’s why I prefer a treatment in the immediate future..it helps the current sick..and future sick..as the rate of recoveries increase..less rate of infections..the death toll and fear lowers.. The caveat is though..that the drug is a known drug..so it’s side effects have been established. That for me is the best immediate case scenario..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You need to start a kennel podcast and have a member on every week to discuss world issues.

Blueboost first guest my vote.
Perhaps Blueboost could tell us which toilet paper is softest for our bum in a post-apocalyptic environment..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's a thought.

we have seen about 5 or 6 serious new flu corona type cases appear from China.

SARS being the deadliest, Corona being the most covert and infectious.

imagine if the next is as contagious with it's incubation as Corona but as deadly as SARS! We would well and truly be dead.

Everyone says not to be racist to Chinese at this time. In my opinion I beg to differ. We should be giving Chinese hell, so they collectively get the message and enact change to not be so dirty, otherwise we may not be around in the next wave.

A

Alexander the Great

We have been doing that with Arabs and they still came out with ISIS. Some things are just out of our control
Here's a thought.

imagine if the next is as contagious with it's incubation as Corona but as deadly as SARS! We would well and truly be dead.

Everyone says not to be racist to Chinese at this time. In my opinion I beg to differ. We should be giving Chinese hell, so they collectively get the message and enact change to not be so dirty, otherwise we may not be around in the next wave.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's a thought.

It partly goes hand in hand. If a virus is very deadly then it'll generally kill the host before they can spread it. But a perfect virus could happen.

In regard to the China thing. It's a couple of issues. First being that they shouldn't eat everything they see. The second being that there's naturally occurring viruses in China that don't exist elsewhere. The third being that the bats were in an uninhabited area that China has started strip mining so they migrated to human areas. If they didn't eat the thing they probably would have gotten it eventually. Which also means that there's many more to come.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It partly goes hand in hand. If a virus is very deadly then it'll generally kill the host before they can spread it. But a perfect virus could happen.

In regard to the China thing. It's a couple of issues. First being that they shouldn't eat everything they see. The second being that there's naturally occurring viruses in China that don't exist elsewhere. The third being that the bats were in an uninhabited area that China has started strip mining so they migrated to human areas. If they didn't eat the thing they probably would have gotten it eventually. Which also means that there's many more to come.
Also, even when we have a Corona vaccine, the virus won't magically just go away. It'll be one more deadly disease that will need to be controlled as best we can for decades to come.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
After all this bullshit, and we haven't seen nothing yet, is a New World Order/One World Order still laughable?

It's setting up nicely...

PS not saying it will happen, but it's not as far fetched as it used to be.

Last edited:

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After all this bullshit, and we haven't seen nothing yet, is a New World Order/One World Order still laughable?

Are the Bilderberg meetings still happening or was that a 20th century thing? I don't know who attends or what they discuss at those meetings, but I'm sure of two things. The real person running Facebook would be there. If anyone thinks that the dopey vacuous Zuckerberg **** still runs FB, then I’ve got a few Egyptian pyramids to sell you. And the other thing about Bilderberg, fuck, they would definitely serve up the best whiskey or whatever your beverage of choice is. And the best wings too :laughing:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

PS not saying it will happen, but it's not as far fetched as it used to be.
We seen what happened when NWO tried taking over WCW :laughing:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are the Bilderberg meetings still happening or was that a 20th century thing? I don't know who attends or what they discuss at those meetings, but I'm sure of two things. The real person running Facebook would be there. If anyone thinks that the dopey vacuous Zuckerberg c*** still runs FB, then I’ve got a few Egyptian pyramids to sell you. And the other thing about Bilderberg, fuck, they would definitely serve up the best whiskey or whatever your beverage of choice is. And the best wings too :laughing:
Yeah they still have their meetings.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This corona virus is a cover up for the world recession about to happen it's going to be like our grandparents or great grand parents time when the Great Depression happened only this time it's with the world so they send out a virus from china to infect people and make the media scare the hell out of people saying don't work and don't shake hands and travel so the big guys the 1% have more money while everyone struggles who ain't rich and then society will build up only for a few later to crash that's life if you look into our history this virus is a flu yes and can make you sick but so as the normal flu which kills 50-80k people a year and covid 19 was made back in 2019 and no spoke about it but guys I just pray and hope that you and your families stay healthy and safe and remember it's not the virus we should worry it will go just like every other virus and flu maybe 2-4 months more I hope less but everyone get ready for the massive world recession that's what's gonna make us go crazy poverty not a different strand of the flu god bless everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.