Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Possibly bro. But Wakeham and Averillo looks like it could be an awesome halves combo. DWZ struggles a bit tonight and made a few mistakes last week but let’s not destroy him when he was our best last year. I actually think if anyone moves to fullback it should be Hoppa.
I like Hop at centre, think he loses a bit of potency with all that is required at fullback.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I like Hop at centre, think he loses a bit of potency with all that is required at fullback.
Yeah myself included I think leave DWZ for now but if anyone is to go to the back it’s probably Hoppa for his silky skills.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah myself included I think leave DWZ for now but if anyone is to go to the back it’s probably Hoppa for his silky skills.
I would put Meaney there or even give Averillo a go there. Averillo would handle fullback i think. Hope he is in next weeks team.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't look to the past. The Sharks didn't want Dymock as head coach either.
Can't see Opes coaching - not sure he's got the health to do it.
Bennett has signed for 2 more seasons so doubtful he's available next year.
Who else?
I don't think it matters who else. Pay can see out his contract and we need to plan for someone else. With our cap in a better position we will be able to get interest. Kev Waters, Toovey, Demetriou, Flannagan or someone in England....literally anyone

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Could very well be 0-9 after watching tonight. The errors they make are so basic it's so frustrating
Agreed, I know it’s not Pay dropping the balls but I think our error count is high because we’re constantly under pressure, and the coaching, game plan (or lack thereof) has to bear some blame. . We lose the ruck, we get dominated in the middle, and then when we have the ball we don’t ask questions of the defense. Our kicking game is absolutely awful and has been for a long time.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's like the coach goes into a trance as the players go omyo the field. He is utterly incapable of adjusting the rotations or tactics as the game progresses.
Did you even watch the game or did you have this saved from last week or last year? He literally hooked the halfback...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I would put Meaney there or even give Averillo a go there. Averillo would handle fullback i think. Hope he is in next weeks team.
I know he probably could but I think Averillo and Wakeham could be a an awesome halves paring. I don’t want to eff that up right now it could be something good we need to give it a go.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't look to the past. The Sharks didn't want Dymock as head coach either.
Can't see Opes coaching - not sure he's got the health to do it.
Bennett has signed for 2 more seasons so doubtful he's available next year.
Who else?
that's what Lynn is getting paid for to worry about

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you even watch the game or did you have this saved from last week or last year? He literally hooked the halfback...
Bro that’s what I was thinking ... Stimson struggled hooked ... Lewis struggled (after the first 20) then hooked... coach had a go tonight no doubt.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bro that’s what I was thinking ... Stimson struggled hooked ... Lewis struggled (after the first 20) then hooked... coach had a go tonight no doubt.
Exactly mate and people say I’m blind with bias haha

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think it matters who else. Pay can see out his contract and we need to plan for someone else. With our cap in a better position we will be able to get interest. Kev Waters, Toovey, Demetriou, Flannagan or someone in England....literally anyone
- Walters has said he only wants to coach Queensland - he's desperate to win another Origin series having lost the last two.
- Demetriou has signed a long term extension with Soufs to take over from Bennett from 2022

So they are both out

- Toovey hasn't coached in more than 5 years - and after Des I just don't think we want any more Manly syndrome at Belmore - especially if he's going to give his mates a nice superannuation top-up on the Dogs (Foran, Williams)
- Flanagan cannot head coach until 2022 under his current parole and I'd vote against any Bulldog board that wanted to employ that cheating grub anyway

So England it is!
Ben Anderson is coming through but not sure how good he is and there would be screams of nepotism if he got a gig anyway!

Last edited:

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, she's the Chair, not the CEO or Head of Recruitment.
You don't even have an opinion on an alternative?
ye but it's house and her ass at the next elections, literally Joe blow would beat this ticket, the long slow approach will not cut it anymore for rialled up fans sick of mediocrity

I've got plenty of opinions but not gonna bother listing them as the cheerleaders would get their knickers in a knot

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
ye but it's house and her ass at the next elections, literally Joe blow would beat this ticket, the long slow approach will not cut it anymore for rialled up fans sick of mediocrity

I've got plenty of opinions but not gonna bother listing them as the cheerleaders would get their knickers in a knot
It'll come down to how 2021 goes. We can't continue on this same path after three years of waiting. If we're not contenders for a top eight position they're most likely gone. Maybe they could secure a top coach then to give them some more time too.