We need a whole new team and coach

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pay has not improved one bit since taking over. He doesn't deserve another year.

Game plan
Tactics
Bench rotation

All fucking rubbish.

A

Alexander the Great

We will bounce back mate. Its in our clubs culture.

We can only take the positives from tonight and move forward.
I feel nothing but sadness. This is my 1st post ever and that was just hard to watch. I love our team good or bad. Words escape me if this is the way our season is going go we need a full rebuild.
I feel for us, the supporters, and there are no immediate answers. On an individual basis not one player could hold their head high.
That half has nothing to do with the coach plenty of time left to criticize him, each player out there maybe apart from Crithon who to me at least has had a go need to think seriously if NRL is something that they are up to. It's a sad day

A

Alexander the Great

Wakeham didn't he shitty bombs also tonight. Not sure what they fuck is going on but this isn't Iraq to be dropping them two games in a row.
So what about the times they manage to hold the ball?

Tolman on the 4th with a shit bomb is good enough for you?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So what about the times they manage to hold the ball?

Tolman on the 4th with a shit bomb is good enough for you?
Not at all mate it pisses me off but our execution is terrible and that is as much as the players fault as Pay and the coaching staff. We constantly lose momentum and cohesion. It’s so frustrating

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wakeham didn't he shitty bombs also tonight. Not sure what they fuck is going on but this isn't Iraq to be dropping them two games in a row.
Like I said in the game day thread, it looks like they are coached just to put up shit bombs.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay is just more Desball really.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not at all mate it pisses me off but our execution is terrible and that is as much as the players fault as Pay and the coaching staff. We constantly lose momentum and cohesion. It’s so frustrating
Yeah not having a go at you, just sick of the same old bullshit from the boys and their dud coach.

Pisses me off more when they show a glimpse of what they can do then fuck it up, every fkn time.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think what we are missing most is Foran, CHN, Okunbor. All add to our attack and can break the line and pass. Foran is what we need in the halves. Thats what we lack, someone breaking the line and getting passes off. I think with these 3 back in the side we would at least have won 1 of the first 2.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Don’t think Pay is the bloke to take us forward but hanging him out to dry after tonight’s performance is a bit rich.

I’ll cop that our energy and line speed was poor and that can be on him, but the basic, fundamental stuff that we fucked up tonight was not due to positional selections, lack of set plays (as always) or even his usual shithouse bench rotation.
It’s just poor quality and a lack of application. We whinge when he doesn’t make changes, we whinge when he does. Pulling Lewis was absolutely the right call and maybe it’s clutching at straws but he isn’t out there dropping every fucking bomb and turning to a puddle of piss in every tackle.

Our roster is below par so to even be competitive we need to do every little thing right, and we’re not even close.

This is a fair rant for me and is null and void if the lessons learnt from tonight are not applied next week. If Lewis is picked at half and Stimson starts over Britt, for example, then please remember to tell me that I’ve got no idea and put those final few nails in Dean’s coffin.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah not having a go at you, just sick of the same old bullshit from the boys and their dud coach.

Pisses me off more when they show a glimpse of what they can do then fuck it up, every fkn time.
I know you aren’t and I agree.
We started well. I actually thought both halves could’ve been hooked. I don’t think Pay is a dud but even with a weak squad the players need to show a lot more. The mistakes were pathetic tonight, particularly from DWZ and Wakeham. I just watched the press conference and winning the second half 10-2 with 9 mistakes makes me even more frustrated

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's like they are clueless and afraid to attack or put any decent execution into attack or scoring. It's dumb arse footy. Pay is incapable of offering anything substantial to the team. Same with Lewis unfortunately.

But there are so many problems with our team, it is probably unfair to list them all.

Sad times.

A

Alexander the Great

Him , Kevin Walters or Lee Malkoun could all take the role on and give us a different style for attack.

I wouldn't mind seeing Walters as coach if I had to pick from the 3.
Get Holbrook to break his Titans contract and start new. Thomo would jizz having his old coach back :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know you aren’t and I agree.
We started well. I actually thought both halves could’ve been hooked. I don’t think Pay is a dud but even with a weak squad the players need to show a lot more. The mistakes were pathetic tonight, particularly from DWZ and Wakeham. I just watched the press conference and winning the second half 10-2 with 9 mistakes makes me even more frustrated
I agree except about pay. He is a dud and shown no improvement at all.

If we buy good players next year, can't see him being smart enough to be in charge. It's like having a Lambo with an Asian woman on her L's driving lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's like they are clueless and afraid to attack or put any decent execution into attack or scoring. It's dumb arse footy. Pay is incapable of offering anything substantial to the team. Same with Lewis unfortunately.

But there are so many problems with our team, it is probably unfair to list them all.

Sad times.
True. Not all the blame is on the fraud dud, but he has a lot to answer for.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree except about pay. He is a dud and shown no improvement at all.

If we buy good players next year, can't see him being smart enough to be in charge. It's like having a Lambo with an Asian woman on her L's driving lol
Maybe but I think he deserves the chance to prove himself with a full squad. We are effectively missing 4 players

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pay should be gone. We were crying out for a hooker, half or backline and recruits Britt and Stimson. Forwards shouldn’t be that high on the list.
We tried to recruit multiple hookers (Robson, Turpin and Koroisau to name a few). They'd rather go elsewhere. For either more success or money. Not many halves were available. Seizer meh. Croft could of been okay but he wouldn't join us over the Broncos. We tried to sign Flanagan. We need top talent and X Factors not more average players. If we don't have them for 2021 then all eyes on the board (which might mean we'll have to get the check book out).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Maybe but I think he deserves the chance to prove himself with a full squad. We are effectively missing 4 players
This year, yes maybe.

But I'm talking about his tenure as "coach".

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This year, yes maybe.

But I'm talking about his tenure as "coach".
True but you’re not going to get very far with a Lambo missing a wheel, even if the asian woman on her L’s is Suki from the fast and the furious haha

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's extremely difficult out there!

Spine players are your most important players in the team.

We have struggled since Barba/Ennis left. Important spine players.

We have tried for years to "manufacture" spine players.

During the Des era - Perrett FB, Bmoz FB(too late in his career), Lichaa Hooker, Mbye 7

Pay Era - Mbye FB, DWZ FB, Lichaa Hooker, JMK Hooker, Lewis 7

for me its hard to judge any coach, when you havent got genuine spine players, and you are working at manufacturing them from the scrap bin.

By the looks of it we do have a promising 6 & 7 in Averillo and Wakeham. Hopefully Pay makes the right call by leaving these 2 in the team for the remainder of the year, no matter how inexperienced they are in the NRL.

If Pay persists with Lewis in the halves again this year, while leaving Jake or Brandon out, than his position as head coach for 2021 will be in question