6 & 7

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope we don’t expect to much from them but we must stick with them. Cogger a back up. We need a gun hooker and fullback still.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Disagree. No idea why lewis got hooked. It was purely just to give wakeham and averilo a go together, not because lewis was poor. Wakeham was terrible tonight. Stepoed up towards the end, but was terrible otherwise.
For now, id go with this.

1. Averilo (He needs to be in the team)
2. Meaney
3. DWZ (he was fucking terrible tonight, and made way too many mistakes/dropped balls last week. Definitely not our fullback after this game)
4. Hoppa
5. Reimis
6. Wakeham
7. Lewis ( but share the role with wakeham. Let him have a go as well)
It was quite obvious he was hooked because he was absolutely shit.

Every pass he threw, he did not look at where he was throwing it.

One pass flew into renoufs shoulder, another pass infront of Wakeham which would of been a great pass if Wakeham had 2m long arms, throws balls 2m behind outside backs running at full throttle. He does not engage the line, he does not play whats infront of him and he does not look where he passes. Fucked if i know where he is looking with ball in hand

I'll give you a free tip, a tip from Andrew Johns.

"The Dogs look so much more fluent and organised in attack since Wakeham has moved to 7 and young Jake who has come on. I don't know if these 2 boys have played junior footy together, but they seem to read each others game very well. Lewis really needs to develop a running game, and when he does the passing game will come along with it", said Andrew Johns

Last edited:

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For me its either Cogger or Wakeham. Both are the same type.of player. Keep averilo at 6.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole backline is wrong and out of position, meany to fullback, dwz one wing and reimis(he is a dreadful centre) the other wing, hoppa and Harper in the centres and Wakeham and averilo in the halves.
This backline will score points for us. Players playing out of there natural positions is so wrong I don't know what drugs pay is on fucken clueless

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
People make this thread every single time a new half plays his first game for us.

Just come to terms with the fact that our roster is shit. Worst spine in the comp by far. We need to spend big next year.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think Cogger still has alot to offer and I would have liked to see him and Wakeham get a run together... But going into next week I think Pay owes us fans a full 80mins of Wakeham and Averillo together

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cogger (7) & Wakeham (6) with Averillo centre and Smith back to the wing.
That's a decent option also. I think Cogger is steady and a solid organiser who won't have dramas letting Wakeham have more than his fair share of good ball possession... But I think most of us want to see Averillo with the ball in his hands alot more

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t see Lewis or Cogger ever being long term solutions for us. Get Averillo and Wakeham in there and give them a decent crack just so we know. The defence didn’t fall apart with Lewis on the sidelines either so that excuse can be put to bed.
Lewis had 5 missed tackles and Wakeham had 1. Lewis was supposed to be there for his defence and he can't even do that well now! Surely he's dropped to Reserves now and we can see what we have with Wakeham and Averillo running the show.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Disagree. No idea why lewis got hooked. It was purely just to give wakeham and averilo a go together, not because lewis was poor. Wakeham was terrible tonight. Stepoed up towards the end, but was terrible otherwise.
For now, id go with this.

1. Averilo (He needs to be in the team)
2. Meaney
3. DWZ (he was fucking terrible tonight, and made way too many mistakes/dropped balls last week. Definitely not our fullback after this game)
4. Hoppa
5. Reimis
6. Wakeham
7. Lewis ( but share the role with wakeham. Let him have a go as well)
Lewis was terrible.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis had 5 missed tackles and Wakeham had 1. Lewis was supposed to be there for his defence and he can't even do that well now! Surely he's dropped to Reserves now and we can see what we have with Wakeham and Averillo running the show.
With the uncertainty around the comp and a 0/2 start there’s not really much reason to play it safe with Lewis or Cogger. Give Wakeham and Averillo a chance that last 20 showed some promise.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
That's a decent option also. I think Cogger is steady and a solid organiser who won't have dramas letting Wakeham have more than his fair share of good ball possession... But I think most of us want to see Averillo with the ball in his hands alot more
Think we want to see how Averillo goes mostly, we need a new find at the club badly.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Korosoau would’ve made all the difference.
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
9. Koro

Would’ve been an exciting spine. Still would’ve been missing a fullback. Meaney can’t catch a ball at the moment either. Hoppa needs to go back to fullback for a bit. Dwz on wing so he can still do his strong returns.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We backed ourselves into a corner extending Lewis... He and Cogger both should have been off contract this season and only one of them should be kept. At this rate I'd say Cogger leaves despite getting less opportunity. I would hate for Lewis just to be dropped back to reserves and continue playing the way he does... All it will do is ruin his career and development of players around him, he needs help and a positional change, sadly though i don't think we are the club that can provide him with that change either, if the swap deal was true Lewis is silly for not pushing for a move to Melbourne

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Korosoau would’ve made all the difference.
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
9. Koro

Would’ve been an exciting spine. Still would’ve been missing a fullback. Meaney can’t catch a ball at the moment either. Hoppa needs to go back to fullback for a bit. Dwz on wing so he can still do his strong returns.
Koriosau would have been sweet. If we made Barrett head coach or assistant we would have got him lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We backed ourselves into a corner extending Lewis... He and Cogger both should have been off contract this season and only one of them should be kept. At this rate I'd say Cogger leaves despite getting less opportunity. I would hate for Lewis just to be dropped back to reserves and continue playing the way he does... All it will do is ruin his career and development of players around him, he needs help and a positional change, sadly though i don't think we are the club that can provide him with that change either, if the swap deal was true Lewis is silly for not pushing for a move to Melbourne
I don't know why the club extended Lewis before the season either. It's going to be harder to try and move him on.. If he's dropped then if anything he'll maintain some value as another club will think take a chance on him.

But if he keeps playing, his flaws are exposed more and more and it will reduce whatever little value he has left.

A

Alexander the Great

He has potential but not as the shot caller. Turn him into a a tolman.