Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s a sure bet at all and I’ve always said that - Dean needs to fight for his job and if he doesn’t get results it’s hard to justify. Obviously.

0-2 and pressure starts to build. But I’ll ask you the same question I’ve asked many and never get any credible answers. Who replaces him?
Well let’s be honest here, Dymock should have had a shot before Pay. Sack him now, Chris Anderson takes over for the remaining of this season, then get Wayne Bennett over.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JMK is not an 80 minute Hooker
His an absolute soldier... Pound for pound one of the strongest in the game I reckon and all heart. His can go 80 but if playing him in shorter stints so he can attack more would be awesome.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't watch the game, and can't be bothered going through all the posts.

Can someone summarise why we were so bad?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Makes sense....safe under the high ball, can jump for the ball, has pace and can ball play better than DWZ.
And its bullshit about him being small and getting dominated. Watched him tonight and didn't see him get dominated once even with 2 or 3 in the tackle and a lot of times Kyle Feldt was in those tackles and he is not small at all.
He has become a good footballer, I like him last year he was a bit hesitant but gave heaps tonight and Would be good at fullback. Also looks stronger this year

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Seriously depressing watching JT talking about running plays and the strategies that go into them.

You know non of that is happening behind the sceens with us!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JT just saying DWZ to wing, Meaney to FB, and halves are a big problem. Forwards are doing everything they can.

Gotta say, other than some poor disciple, thought the forwards played well tonight. Only major downside is they didn't contain Taumalolo well enough in the first half.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't watch the game, and can't be bothered going through all the posts.

Can someone summarise why we were so bad?
DWZ is NOT a fullback, Remis is NOT a centre. Wakeham is NOT a good second fiddle needs to be in control, although had a shocking first half, Lewis is NOT a first grader, Pay is NOT a first grade coach.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree but wakeham, averillo and cogger all have more to offer than Lewis
They certainly do considering they all play a similar game whilst Lewis is more laxed.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking that the two notable players that got subbed and didn't come back were Stimson and Lewis? They were the two main problems for the two Cowgirl tries that got us behind the game in the first half.
Problem was that he subbed them waaaay too late. When you keep persisting that a turd will turn into a flower, then you know what is going thru the coaches head!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last 25 he looked ok but fuch he was terrible for the balance.
I stopped watching TBH. The moment he dropped the ball and was like a pussy when someone rushed out, that was enough for me.

GARBAGE

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree ...but can any players benefit this year, confidence and/or experience wise playing with a busted ex-world class player? There might be that.
But if we're being realistic we're not going to do anything this season anyways. If he's not in our plans for 2021 it's something we should consider. This situation is a cluster f*** tbh.