Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I asked my son why a half drops the ball in attack, first word was " scared" lol...that's Wakeham in a nut shell.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we are all over reacting on DWZ. Yes he has been terrible first two games (only in the kick defusing facet) but he was good for many years, I think he just needs to practice it a bit more and get up to speed with it. I don't think moving him will be the good idea. The backline has been so ordinary, Meaney was very good today but hopoate was ordinary and smith/crhciton were abhoreent.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because he’s being paid $1.2m a year
so what all he will be using us for is window shopping for another sucker club to sign him or knowing our luck we sign him on another million dollar deal.

develop the kids that’s our future

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd suggest Pay and the Dogs leadership have figured this season isn't going to go the whole way. Let's be honest, the moment one player gets corunavirus its probably all over bar the shouting.

It was a good move to give Averillo a run. Lewis did some decent things, the 40/20, the try, some decent hoofs down the field when we needed them (including 1 60m effort), but in terms of the flow of our attack he is the cog wheel turning in the wrong direction. Averillo is a 2021 proposition, but given this season is now an even bigger loss than it was before Round 1 started, might as well give him some exposure. His 25 minutes tonight would have been confidence building, despite the loss.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm with you, felt sad for the poor guy sitting there looking gutted. @Sancho2020 will tell us we both need therapy
Lol. I don't hate him and he more than deserved an opportunity over the years...he's just showed no where near enough ability to invest anymore time in. I also don't like his comments in the media, especially the ones over the last few months.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't trust DWZ on the wing...his hands lol
I don't either but we need his hard carries from the wing... Sucks tbh, im not his biggest fan as I think he's very one dimensional but the effort in his runs are there so I accept it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Because he’s being paid $1.2m a year
But if we're being realistic we're not going to do anything this season anyways. If he's not in our plans for 2021 it's something we should consider. This situation is a cluster f*** tbh.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hess scored in the first half by getting outside Lewis he ran the same line at avo and got pulled up short .....and avo can kick,pass and catch bonus lol
Good footwork

The kid can Footy that’s for sure

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep spot on especially with Meaney back at fullback
Makes sense....safe under the high ball, can jump for the ball, has pace and can ball play better than DWZ.
And its bullshit about him being small and getting dominated. Watched him tonight and didn't see him get dominated once even with 2 or 3 in the tackle and a lot of times Kyle Feldt was in those tackles and he is not small at all.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
DWZ was quoted that he will play wherever the team and coach need him. If Smith insists on centre....there is the door, don't let it hit you on the way out! Fuck these c*** who want to play a certain position but can't do shit there. Next thing, Napa will ask to be our halfback.....fuck them all!!
That's right fuck them and there money... Could easily fuck them off and use their cash along with Tolman/Foran and sign Addo Carr and Cotric and we'd be far better off

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if you saw the reserves play but Averillo had some classy touches in it, scored and setup a try with some very good play. Had the same issue as firstgrade though, Cogger dominated possession and very little happened until Averillo got some touches.
It was honestly like Wakeham and Averillo have been playing along side eachother for years.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking that the two notable players that got subbed and didn't come back were Stimson and Lewis? They were the two main problems for the two Cowgirl tries that got us behind the game in the first half.