Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Possibly bro. But Wakeham and Averillo looks like it could be an awesome halves combo. DWZ struggles a bit tonight and made a few mistakes last week but let’s not destroy him when he was our best last year. I actually think if anyone moves to fullback it should be Hoppa.
We need an electric ball playing FB... Every team does these days. Would be good to see how DWZ goes with Averillo and Wakeham now in the halves now but would also like to see how Cogger goes too.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is players and their managers dictate their positions or they threaten to leave.

Smith, DWZ for example.
I would rather....

1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. DWZ
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
9. JMK

14. Katoa

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Averillo with the way he runs and steps and breaks tackles like he doesn’t wanna be touched will be good for us

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
wakeham with the 25/26 tackles in attempts, like his defense.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Averillo came on and was relatively fresh for 25 minutes, still want to see how he goes playing 80 minutes. The kick for the try was good though, promising, and something we are missing. We didn't get to see him do anything like that in the trials, but if he can pull off kicks like that several times a game he could be worth sticking with.
Not sure if you saw the reserves play but Averillo had some classy touches in it, scored and setup a try with some very good play. Had the same issue as firstgrade though, Cogger dominated possession and very little happened until Averillo got some touches.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew we’d had a fucked start to the year. More bullshit hype over the preseason. We played like wooden spooners tonight. Such dumb football , we beat ourselves, most sides would’ve beaten the cowgirls. Apart from some individual performances, they were pretty ordinary. And that was enough.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would rather....

1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. DWZ
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
9. JMK

14. Katoa
Yep spot on especially with Meaney back at fullback

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. DWZ
3. Harper
4. Hopoate
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham

Should be what we go with next week, I get that Hoppa would be good with this spine aswell, but to get Remis out of centre we can't afford to shift Will imo.
I don't trust DWZ on the wing...his hands lol

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a mix up immediately. This team won’t float. They just won’t. The cowboys are fucking atrocious and we looked like a bunch of park footballers compared to them. I’m so disappointed in that performance. Last week although we scored no tries, It was by far a better performance then that rubbish...Just horrible.

DWZ needs to move to the wing. Hopa needs to be moved back to FB. He’s all we’ve got.

Remis is not a centre. He’s a good winger but has no ball playing abilities.

JMK needs a spell. It’s now Katoas turn.

Lewis also needs a spell and Cogger needs to step up.

stimson needs to be put into isolation and lose 10kg before he’s allowed near a football again.

this shit just makes me sad.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
when and if Foran returns we will be near the back of the field. Why waste valuable playing time on Foran when we could be giving game time to our young halves not named Lewis?
Because he’s being paid $1.2m a year

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The problem is players and their managers dictate their positions or they threaten to leave.

Smith, DWZ for example.
DWZ was quoted that he will play wherever the team and coach need him. If Smith insists on centre....there is the door, don't let it hit you on the way out! Fuck these ***** who want to play a certain position but can't do shit there. Next thing, Napa will ask to be our halfback.....fuck them all!!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still question whether he can do it for 80 at NRL level yet. Would love to see how Cogger and Wakeham with Averillo from the back would go.
Agree but wakeham, averillo and cogger all have more to offer than Lewis

A

Alexander the Great

I think the worst thing tonight were all the members here creaming their pants over LL full 7 minutes of decent football tonight and quick to give it to everyone that doubted LL last week.

When you look at all the members who were very vocal of LL being shit in his role (including myself) and his game they were giving him props and happy that he was on for the game.

Pull your head in.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1 - Meaney
2 - DWZ
3 - Harper
4 - Hoppa
5 - Smith
6 - Averillo
7 - Wakeham
8 - Renouf
9 - Dunno
10 - Napa
11 - CHN
12 - Jackson
13 - Elliot
Were on the same page man. I think Elliot could offer more on the edge with CHN out for the foreseeable future though. Start Britt at lock, drop Stimson and give RFM his minutes and we'd look a whole lot better