Opinion Wakehams overrated

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's way too early to write him off. He had an ordinary game but had good moments as the game went on after Lewis was axed.

He also made 25 tackles with 1 miss which is a huge effort against Taumalolo and co.

If Lewis got 40 plus games to prove what we knew after 10, then Wakeham deserves more than 5 games.

Averillo looked dangerous and added a lot when he came on.

Last edited:

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Just watched at the pub with a Tigers fan and a Raiders fan without the blue and white goggles on, they both said the same thing - how much better our attack looked when Lewis was hooked. It’s obvious isn’t it?
This year should be about letting the young fellas steer the ship and see how we go coming into cap space. Attack couldn’t be any worse.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s not a bad little player but the hype people placed around him around these parts got out of control.

I called for calm around him last year but the SuperCoaches on here were adamant he’s a future immortal because he had a good game against the Kumuls.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully they suspend the season. I need them to do it for my well-being and health... I just can’t cope with this shit.

lewis and Wakeham are both in horrible form. Whether they are first graders is still to be decided. Last year I defended Lewis tooth and nail. So far he’s taken the piss out of me.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well look miles better with him at halfback, now actually start him there next week and give him the 80
Anyone who disagrees is a Lewis fan boy lol. I'll admit I'm a Cogger fan boy and I've even accepted Wakeham and Averillo must start next week

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He’s not a bad little player but the hype people placed around him around these parts got out of control.

I called for calm around him last year but the SuperCoaches on here were adamant he’s a future immortal because he had a good game against the Kumuls.
You can see his attitude change when he has control but, linked well had a few runs, one which was great and palmed off a few.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Wakeham is only 6 games in, though he is well ahead of Lewis as a 7.

If you dont believe me, just ask Andrew Johns and Fatty Vautin

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

There she is!!!! Where you been hiding pony??

You called him shit and nothing special. Not calm. And he’s miles ahead of your mate Lewis. Now he needs better forwards and he will start attacking the line with pace and his steps.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If pay picks wakeham next week I ain’t watching he is shit ,sadly overrated Elliot got in front of him and set up a try he can’t even play in position apart from dropping 3 balls what’s this bloke got .they should have kept Lewis and Cogger they finished well with them last year and meany can kick .
Are you dumb, when Lewis came off Wakeham controlled the game. We scored 2 try’s and we were structured.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You can see his attitude change when he has control but, linked well had a few runs, one which was great and palmed off a few.
Mate let’s not sugar coat it he was ordinary tonight. As were many others.

I’m not gonna salute him for crabbing sideways and palming off a couple in the 78th minute.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
He needs time and he needs to control the game - he would come good very quickly if we stay with him for a couple of months. His discipline was very bad though but when Lewis was hooked - he was like a different player!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mate let’s not sugar coat it he was ordinary tonight. As were many others.

I’m not gonna salute him for crabbing sideways and palming off a couple in the 78th minute.
Of course he was ordinary he was 2nd in command for 3/4 of the game. We got a glimpse of what we can do with him leading the team, the shape and lines ran by the outside men was alot better but we just couldn't hold the ball

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wakeham needs to be the king pin and no one else. Pay needs to stop playing ducks and frames with him. Even the commentators were mirroring what most of the Kennel have been saying. Lewis needs to develop a running game. I'm glad Pay played him at the expense of 2 valuable points as it pushed him into a corner and he couldn't fight his way out.

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well look miles better with him at halfback, now actually start him there next week and give him the 80
That real intelligent coming from you, he can’t even feed a fuckin scrum he’s shit and you know it I know your takin the piss if your not your a fuckwit

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We really do need several positional changes in the backs

Meaney - safe as a bank and much stronger now than his debut - needs room to use his pace
Smith - might be a centre with more established halves but our best finisher
Hopoate - great competitor but can’t do it all himself
Averillo - provides us with some desperately needed class
DWZ - has been found out under the high kick - still a great finisher
Cogger - offers variety in the attacking zone and prepared to run
Wakeham - next best half option at this point

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That real intelligent coming from you, he can’t even feed a fuckin scrum he’s shit and you know it I know your takin the piss if your not your a fuckwit
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’s not overrated, he’s just young. May be good, may not. Kid needs at least 30 games before judgement.
That’s 2 seasons can’t wait that long , hope someone buys him now