Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

A

Alexander the Great

I don't think that's the answer but it looks like its our best m choice for now until foran makes his return.
Still question whether he can do it for 80 at NRL level yet. Would love to see how Cogger and Wakeham with Averillo from the back would go.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You were saying.... Ever heard the saying winning starts in the front office. Now make 3 from 3 under this board with no finals footy. Let me guess this great board will resign Pay.
I don’t think that’s a sure bet at all and I’ve always said that - Dean needs to fight for his job and if he doesn’t get results it’s hard to justify. Obviously.

0-2 and pressure starts to build. But I’ll ask you the same question I’ve asked many and never get any credible answers. Who replaces him?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Averillo/wakeham combo is good, will
Only get better .
Scooobs Averillo for sure did well especially for his debut and he looks really comfortable with Wakeham. Two good kids for our future

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you take away JT and a couple of others, that game was basically a very poor quality Qld Cup game. Just with a slightly smaller crowd.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Christian Crichton man of the match just for the try
Other than the defence for that one Cowboys try on his side (which arguably was at least partly the fault of the inside guys) he had a strong game. Great metres because he doesn't get called for surrender, usually pushes the defense back, lands on his front, gets quick play the ball. Also pulled off a Hazem in defense in the second half. I know the style at the moment is big tall wingers, but this guy has a touch of the Utai's about him and I'm feeling nostalgic.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
At least we won the 2nd half and we unearthed another talent Averillo. Credit to Pay for making the right call and taking off Lewis. We looked good with Wakeham and Averillo both Canterbury juniors. Not all bad news tonight. Keep our heads up and enjoy the development of some of our young guns coming through.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We didn’t concede a try after Lewis went off. I have been told for months that the defence would fall apart without him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think that's the answer but it looks like its our best m choice for now until foran makes his return.
Im thinkin about the future more than anything... DWZ just aint an elite NRL FB, centre at best and Averillo is a genuine rock star, maybe the one we have been waiting for.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The thing that pleases me the most was he took control could see him barking orders everyone sparked but fmd did we drop some ball that will be pays excuse
He was also popping up both sides of the ruck...

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay was the defensive coach and Canberra and is the defensive coach at the dogs.

Where is our head coach?