Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why cant we get bodies in motion. Every hit up is the same flat attack.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only positives have been Meaney who has been impressive and Elliott has been really good.

The rest is a clusterfuck and we're lucky to only be down 16 somehow.

Lewis has 5 missed tackles!
Lewis is the best defender in history for a halfback people kept saying though

187 where you at ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There isn’t one player you could say had a good half. Lewis has a good 5 minutes then shit the bed. It’s going to be a long second half.

A

Alexander the Great

Agree. That's why would should have topped up our key players and let the young kids have a run.

We didn't need the 4 shit house players we signed for this year.

I thought wakeham would bring something but nothing. Between him and Lewis we have no chance in the future.
Big shout out to all the boys saying Wakeham was ready lol. He may find his feet in time, but gees with his games played won’t be ready for years. Everyone needs to realise that where a very young team and we’re just building. It’s up to our recruiting next year and beyond that matters. This year was never gonna be anything

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can't wait for the delusional members to defend Pay and his Chihuahuas

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wakeham looks like a deer with headlights in his face!!
He is nowhere to be seen in attack.
Fucked hook the c*** and throw Averillo in...can't be any worse than this rabble!!
Because our attack is broken. Kid can lead the Fiji side around as the only genuine spine player yet Pay goes and utilises him in the wrong role...when you promote young players you tell them do the basics and stick to what you're good at and unfortunately we're not doing it.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You were saying.... Ever heard the saying winning starts in the front office. Now make 3 from 3 under this board with no finals footy. Let me guess this great board will resign Pay.
Classic :-). Oh they had 'plenty of time' did they?
I'd love to see the bleaters on this forum get $1m+ discretionary spend out of a company, now that would be a good laugh.
The economy was heading downhill in the back half of last year anyway - then we had the bushfires and now the virus. Economically the world is in for a very rough ride in the next 12 months.
So YES - the club DID secure a major sponsor.
But the bleaters say 'no sponsor, what an outrage!' - and then say 'Rashays is a crap sponsor, what an outrage!'
There simply is no pleasing many here no matter what happens.
And YES I can and will blame Tweedle Dum and Tweddle Dee for losing $2m of sponsorship with their extra curricular activities - 'Oh, but it was legal sex!' Are we just supposed to forget the other damage they've done?

Now - what else have they achieved since Raymond was rightfully sent packing?

- Repaired the salary cap (will be complete at the end of 2020).
- Rebuilt a decimated junior/pathway program (happened under the watch of the Despot who only cared about the NRL team and the then executives and board members were clearly asleep at the wheel too).
- Established two regional partnerships to assist with continued feeding into our junior system (yes, Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee have likely damaged one of those too).
- Retained all (that I recall, will stand corrected if wrong) other sponsors in tough economic times.

Now - if they were doing such a poor job - why weren't they challenged at last months elections? Because they're not doing a poor job - they're working hard and the members know it.
It seems your only measurement of success is on the field - well in my view it's not.
But let's take a moment to address your 'haven't looked like making the finals' item - with the cap mess they inherited, with the squad they have, with a (still) relatively rookie coach - what kind of miracles were you expecting?
We all want on-field success, but it's a work in progress.
So I point to my last post - everyone should calm down, wait for the 2021 squad developments and pass judgment sometime next year. I will be one of those members in February 2022 looking for change if those steps forward haven't been achieved.
Right now, benefit of the doubt.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
3peat of bad season starts coming up right here and Pay gone one would think.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad....this shit with CHN and Okunbor seems to have derailed our season. Zaleszniak looks disinterested, everything is clunky and slow.

Reaction score
Most these players only get a run because they’re at the Bulldogs, but the funny thing is they dictate where they play, DWZ is the 3rd best fullback, Remis is a winger and nothing else.
Pay needs to select teams based on what’s best for the team not where individuals prefer to play!
Remis has no strength and can’t he be a centre in nrl without better strength
DWZ has terrible kick catching ability and he’s playing fullback

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He’ll be lucky if he gets a run anyways, where’s pay gonna put him?
Fullback at this rate given the way the game is playing out... Pays an idiot so will likely play him at 9