Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me what actually is lyn and deans plan, next year all cap will be available and we currently have a squad worth about 4 million imo. Lyn keeps preaching patience and the club wont rush into anything.
Well they wanna start doing something or where gonna be worse off then when des was in charge.

She said we only need a prop and a goalkicker. I thought she was just joking but im starting to think she may have been serious. We apparently developing within yet harper cant get a run because there is a winger in his spot.
I think where up shit creek its quite concerning.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me what actually is lyn and deans plan, next year all cap will be available and we currently have a squad worth about 4 million imo. Lyn keeps preaching patience and the club wont rush into anything.
Well they wanna start doing something or where gonna be worse off then when des was in charge.

She said we only need a prop and a goalkicker. I thought she was just joking but im starting to think she may have been serious. We apparently developing within yet harper cant get a run because there is a winger in his spot.
Why are many hitting the panic button after one game of what could end up being an interrupted or even possibly cancelled (hope not) season?

For 2021 there are currently 19 of 30 spots filled. Let’s say Wakeham and Harper are re-signed, that leaves 9 spots (possibly more will be retained and/or promoted from juniors). Andrew Hill has said several times there’s a number of recruitment conversations happening. It’s March. Relax. Just because nothing beyond Thompson has been announced doesn’t mean nothing is happening. Thompson was safe to announce because he was committed to St. Helens until September anyway ie: never an option for 2020. If some local players agree to join for 2021 and announce - what happens if their club wants to cut them loose immediately - we don’t have cap space in 2020 to take them.

I’d suggest everyone keeps their powder dry a little longer. Highly likely more announcements after 30 June when clubs can’t release players (without misdemeanour, anyway).

Her name is Lynne by the way.

UNO

Waterboy
Reaction score
cowboys will start badly so we need to make sure we get points coz cowboys will come back

A

Alexander the Great

I think Lynn Addison has dont a great job so far. With the situation at the club when she took over I think she has turned it around pretty well.

Once we get a big signatures on board things will settle and we can all meet halfway.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell me one good thing Lynne and this board has done? Can't secure a major sponsor which is fucking embrassing to be honest. Don't blame it on the sex scandal because they had plenty of time to get one before the scandal happened. We haven't even looked like making the finals under there watch.

So I'll ask you again. What's so good about Lynne and this board?
Why are many hitting the panic button after one game of what could end up being an interrupted or even possibly cancelled (hope not) season?

For 2021 there are currently 19 of 30 spots filled. Let’s say Wakeham and Harper are re-signed, that leaves 9 spots (possibly more will be retained and/or promoted from juniors). Andrew Hill has said several times there’s a number of recruitment conversations happening. It’s March. Relax. Just because nothing beyond Thompson has been announced doesn’t mean nothing is happening. Thompson was safe to announce because he was committed to St. Helens until September anyway ie: never an option for 2020. If some local players agree to join for 2021 and announce - what happens if their club wants to cut them loose immediately - we don’t have cap space in 2020 to take them.

I’d suggest everyone keeps their powder dry a little longer. Highly likely more announcements after 30 June when clubs can’t release players (without misdemeanour, anyway).

Her name is Lynne by the way.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meaney is marking up on Ben Hampton isn't he? If we going to continue with kicks like last week surely he's the one to target.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Tell me one good thing Lynne and this board has done? Can't secure a major sponsor which is fucking embrassing to be honest. Don't blame it on the sex scandal because they had plenty of time to get one before the scandal happened. We haven't even looked like making the finals under there watch.

So I'll ask you again. What's so good about Lynne and this board?
Classic :-). Oh they had 'plenty of time' did they?
I'd love to see the bleaters on this forum get $1m+ discretionary spend out of a company, now that would be a good laugh.
The economy was heading downhill in the back half of last year anyway - then we had the bushfires and now the virus. Economically the world is in for a very rough ride in the next 12 months.
So YES - the club DID secure a major sponsor.
But the bleaters say 'no sponsor, what an outrage!' - and then say 'Rashays is a crap sponsor, what an outrage!'
There simply is no pleasing many here no matter what happens.
And YES I can and will blame Tweedle Dum and Tweddle Dee for losing $2m of sponsorship with their extra curricular activities - 'Oh, but it was legal sex!' Are we just supposed to forget the other damage they've done?

Now - what else have they achieved since Raymond was rightfully sent packing?

- Repaired the salary cap (will be complete at the end of 2020).
- Rebuilt a decimated junior/pathway program (happened under the watch of the Despot who only cared about the NRL team and the then executives and board members were clearly asleep at the wheel too).
- Established two regional partnerships to assist with continued feeding into our junior system (yes, Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee have likely damaged one of those too).
- Retained all (that I recall, will stand corrected if wrong) other sponsors in tough economic times.

Now - if they were doing such a poor job - why weren't they challenged at last months elections? Because they're not doing a poor job - they're working hard and the members know it.
It seems your only measurement of success is on the field - well in my view it's not.
But let's take a moment to address your 'haven't looked like making the finals' item - with the cap mess they inherited, with the squad they have, with a (still) relatively rookie coach - what kind of miracles were you expecting?
We all want on-field success, but it's a work in progress.
So I point to my last post - everyone should calm down, wait for the 2021 squad developments and pass judgment sometime next year. I will be one of those members in February 2022 looking for change if those steps forward haven't been achieved.
Right now, benefit of the doubt.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally, I am just looking forward to screaming obsenitys at the tele tonight, because it may be the last chance I get for a month or two..

C'mon DOGS!!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just got an email from the club offering basic KAYO for $5 for two months but only with unique code to your membership

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Score 3 tries or riot.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Just got an email from the club offering basic KAYO for $5 for two months but only with unique code to your membership
Same mate - and I've already applied the voucher to my account :-).
If we can't go to games for a few weeks, at least we can watch them cheaply! :-)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wakeham did a good job defensively last week, especially considering he was targeted by Parra all game with their big backs and forwards..

Still, Taumalolo is a completely different beast and I expect them to run a lot of traffic down his side again tonight.

At least Wakeham will throw his body in the way which is half the battle. Hopefully he's more involved in attack though as he's not in the team for his defence.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Ask them at the next members forum

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I worry about the zero crowd and what that does to our team intensity

its easy to have a let down without receiving encouragement from the crowd