News.com article saying Okunbor facing being sacked. CHN facing 8-12wk suspension.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ok other than discussing the actions of the 2 players concerned why are you rejecting wanting to be informed about how things work
Could say the same to you mate.

As i said though. I'm done with this. I llike a good argument but we're not getting anywhere with it. You feel your're right. I don't. Life goes on.

We can discuss when things are clearer. If the story is completely different and it turns out that I'm wrong with things I'll admit it. I know you never will but that's you.

Good luck with it.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So it turns out Murdock's news organisation was telling porkies.

What a surprise.

They are supposed to be reporting the news, not making it. High time for society to start insisting on this.
The best way that can happen mate is for the machine who feed them to stop - advertisers, subscribers etc. A tall order. My personal protest is I don’t read or pay them for any of their ‘journalism’. Obviously that doesn’t make any difference but makes me feel better.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The best way that can happen mate is for the machine who feed them to stop - advertisers, subscribers etc. A tall order. My personal protest is I don’t read or pay them for any of their ‘journalism’. Obviously that doesn’t make any difference but makes me feel better.
It depends if enough people realise that the Murdoush/Fox/News way of delivering "news" is objectively bad for people's health and wellbeing. I am an extreme optimist on this, but just maybe some people are waking up: https://imgur.com/gallery/jM7ZHkC

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It depends if enough people realise that the Murdoush/Fox/News way of delivering "news" is objectively bad for people's health and wellbeing. I am an extreme optimist on this, but just maybe some people are waking up: https://imgur.com/gallery/jM7ZHkC
Thanks for the link mate - not surprising at all the radical shift in opinion from Faux News when given no choice.
I guess depending on your flavour some would say CNN/MSNBC etc are too far the other way.
It's emerging more in Australia too, somewhat courtesy of ownership.
It comes back down to my long held view that extremism in any form is not a healthy thing - political, religious and Parramatta supporters :-).

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks for the link mate - not surprising at all the radical shift in opinion from Faux News when given no choice.
I guess depending on your flavour some would say CNN/MSNBC etc are too far the other way.
It's emerging more in Australia too, somewhat courtesy of ownership.
It comes back down to my long held view that extremism in any form is not a healthy thing - political, religious and Parramatta supporters :-).
I agree, the only time I would ever turn to CNN for news is if every other news source had gone offline and the choice was CNN and Faux.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Could say the same to you mate.

As i said though. I'm done with this. I llike a good argument but we're not getting anywhere with it. You feel your're right. I don't. Life goes on.

We can discuss when things are clearer. If the story is completely different and it turns out that I'm wrong with things I'll admit it. I know you never will but that's you.

Good luck with it.
Just 2 more things that need to be said before you hang up the boots.

1 the 2 have admitted having the girls in thier room. So there is evidence to charge if a crime was committed.

2 I'll save you waiting to see if the club is going to take action against them and let you know now that it will happen.

A

Alexander the Great

New videos doing the rounds of the 16 year girl that Jayden hooked up with. Not very impressed and not very lady like nor the mindset of a 16 year old from my experience.

The players are not in these videos. Other men who are not related to the game.

If that was my daughter I would have a heart attack. Could be the reason why the parents didn't report this incident.

I have no idea what these girls feel the need to make see videos of themselves. Do they think they are going to be the next Kim Kardashian?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's a couple of pedantic know alls...most of us enjoy stirring them up lol. Carry on above the line haha.
I got called up on it recently as well. I think it agitates people so ill continue to do it.

The world is falling apart and people are worried about users commenting in the correct format to help with their OCD.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Generally skip?

Please by all means skip 100%. I won't think any the less of you...couldn't lol.
It’s annoying but I generally skip most of your comments anyway :grinning:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
New videos doing the rounds of the 16 year girl that Jayden hooked up with. Not very impressed and not very lady like nor the mindset of a 16 year old from my experience.

The players are not in these videos. Other men who are not related to the game.

If that was my daughter I would have a heart attack. Could be the reason why the parents didn't report this incident.

I have no idea what these girls feel the need to make see videos of themselves. Do they think they are going to be the next Kim Kardashian?
What are the videos actually of?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Psycho was there any specific porkies you are referring to?...or just their usual twisted conservative view of Rupert's world? That Fox link...I guess it gives some hope for truth, justice and the American way.

Although $3000 for Covid-19 test! No wonder it spread. Free over there now I believe?
So it turns out Murdock's news organisation was telling porkies.

What a surprise.

They are supposed to be reporting the news, not making it. High time for society to start insisting on this.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Can I be honest. Now is not the time to rub out healthy players for extended periods to met out punishment. Taking into account their youth and the present circumstances, they shouldn’t get more than 4 weeks off or some large fine. Fair enough they should have known better but now is not the time to turn our backs on each other. We’re either the family club in good or bad times or we are not. The club has left it too long now to sack them.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Psycho was there any specific porkies you are referring to?...or just their usual twisted conservative view of Rupert's world? That Fox link...I guess it gives some hope for truth, justice and the American way.

Although $3000 for Covid-19 test! No wonder it spread. Free over there now I believe?
The rapid change of tune from Fox is pretty embarrassing frankly, for any organisation that is even pretending to be a provider of news. There were plenty of sources who were calmly and rationally (and non-politically) saying in early February what was really going on, and Murdoch's idiots led the charge of people calling those early news providers panic merchants who were simply out to discredit the President.

Find some people who have researched the psychology of crisis management. Lesson number one is tell the truth in a brief and accurate manner. The worst thing in a crisis is mixed messages. For people who have studied the psychology of disaster response, organisations like Murdoch's are a disaster because they are opinion makers/regurgitaters rather than genuine news journalists. The good people at Fox filter any incoming information through their ideological and fundamental biases before spewing out the result, which generally is light on facts and heavy on propaganda.

You watch, as this thing develops Fox's people will start blaming other media sources for not having done their job and start claiming that they knew what was happening all along, and accuse the "other side" (whoever the hell they are) of politicizing this whole thing when President Trump couldn't possibly have done anything to stop the disaster that unfolds. It is very easy to slither into a new role of your own making when you are a greased up pig.

On the psychology of crisis management, it is interesting to compare our own dearly beloved leader over the last few weeks. He has gone from a blokey, she'll be right, "I'm going to go support my beloved Sharkies" approach, which played to a similar politicization of the crisis as Fox news, and likewise sent mixed messages and added to the crisis, to the last day or two where his messages have been more direct, strong (unambiguous), and somewhat more factual. I'd suggest that as it has slowly dawned on Scotty from Marketing that he can't slogan his way through this one, he has actually reached out for help, and some staffer has found someone at a University and asked for advice on crisis management.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The rapid change of tune from Fox is pretty embarrassing frankly, for any organisation that is even pretending to be a provider of news. There were plenty of sources who were calmly and rationally (and non-politically) saying in early February what was really going on, and Murdoch's idiots led the charge of people calling those early news providers panic merchants who were simply out to discredit the President.

Find some people who have researched the psychology of crisis management. Lesson number one is tell the truth in a brief and accurate manner. The worst thing in a crisis is mixed messages. For people who have studied the psychology of disaster response, organisations like Murdoch's are a disaster because they are opinion makers/regurgitaters rather than genuine news journalists. The good people at Fox filter any incoming information through their ideological and fundamental biases before spewing out the result, which generally is light on facts and heavy on propaganda.

You watch, as this thing develops Fox's people will start blaming other media sources for not having done their job and start claiming that they knew what was happening all along, and accuse the "other side" (whoever the hell they are) of politicizing this whole thing when President Trump couldn't possibly have done anything to stop the disaster that unfolds. It is very easy to slither into a new role of your own making when you are a greased up pig.

On the psychology of crisis management, it is interesting to compare our own dearly beloved leader over the last few weeks. He has gone from a blokey, she'll be right, "I'm going to go support my beloved Sharkies" approach, which played to a similar politicization of the crisis as Fox news, and likewise sent mixed messages and added to the crisis, to the last day or two where his messages have been more direct, strong (unambiguous), and somewhat more factual. I'd suggest that as it has slowly dawned on Scotty from Marketing that he can't slogan his way through this one, he has actually reached out for help, and some staffer has found someone at a University and asked for advice on crisis management.
"some staffer has found someone at a University and asked for advice on crisis management".

The empathy coach didn't work so I'm glad he continues to evolve lol