Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
14 day quarantine when entering Tasmania.

There's now more deaths and infections outside China than inside China. Italy is not far off matching China's "official" death numbers.
Actually a trip to Tassie sounds really appealing right now... they still have toilet paper right?

On a serious note, lets look at some reasonably useful information.

Italy currently has 35,713 confirmed cases, 2,978 deaths. That is a rate of 8.3% deaths for current confirmed cases (NOTE: this is not a lethality rate, just a way of measuring how countries are coping).
Spain currently has 13,910 confirmed cases, 623 deaths. A rate of 4.4%.

Both those countries, especially Italy, have overwhelmed hospitals, at least partly because of economic issues in recent history which have led to decreased health budgets. Turn to other European countries and gaze at the difference.

France currently has 9052 confirmed cases and 148 deaths, a rate of 1.6%
Switzerland currently has 3028 confirmed cases and 28 deaths, a rate of 0.92%
Norway currently has 1550 confirmed cases and 6 deaths, a rate of 0.38%
Austria currently has 1646 confirmed cases and 4 deaths, a rate of 0.24%
Germany currently has 12,327 confirmed cases and 28 deaths, a rate of 0.22%

Australia currently has 568 confirmed cases and 6 deaths, a rate of 0.88%

Take note, this is NOT an old person killer. It will kill you IF you are one of the 5% who get a seriously bad case of the virus whether you are young or old IF you can't get proper treatment. Older people are more at risk, this is true, but the data is skewed because, for example in the worst hit places in Italy young people are being given treatment preference over old people. Old people are being left to die who would survive if they got treatment. If you hear any news outlet say "this is an old person killer", turn off that news source and never listen to them again, they are worthless.

The key is to work together to reduce the rate of spread of the virus, and to keep our medical centres and hospitals running well. Yeah human nature exists, we all know this, but honestly, pointing it out is like putting your hand into a fire and exclaiming "Oh! Fire hot!". Yeah, no kidding Einstein.

Instead, find meaning in encouraging and helping others, be a part of good things. When this is over the economy will rebound AND early indications from Federal and State authorities are that people who act badly during this period will be found out and punished accordingly.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
14 day quarantine when entering Tasmania.

There's now more deaths and infections outside China than inside China. Italy is not far off matching China's "official" death numbers.
And they are going to do so with far less confirmed cases. Goes to show what a difference you can make if you can build a dozen hospitals in a fortnight.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Leave on Easter Sunday but everything I have read says they're not gonna close the borders but who knows that may change
They say they not shutting schools but now sending msgs out does your child have internet connection. My travel agent just rang me I said hold everything I'm hoping by Oct I'll do this everything covered

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the Shovel - http://www.theshovel.com.au/2020/03...ted-peter-dutton-authorities-have-confirmed/

COVID-19 has contracted Peter Dutton, it has been revealed.

The unsettling news was confirmed in a press release this morning. Condolences have flooded in from around the world, with thousands sending their thoughts and prayers.

Thousands of people have been infected by Mr Dutton over the past 10 years, with many taking years to recover.

“This is a cruel blow. We’re praying for a speeding recovery,” medical officials said.

More to come.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I really think we are headed for an economic reset and will usher in the One World dollar. If it doesn't, it sure sets it up nicely.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My gosh..I know the virus is bad..but geeze people we need to calm down a bit..I have watched and read this thread..it has been extremely informative but it too is escalating..Threats of riots mayhem and carnage in the streets.. This is exactly the fear mongering that causes the ‘crazy’ behaviour in the shopping centres.. Australia has enough food..actually according to the Farmer’s Federation out of the food produced 25% sufficiently feeds ALL Australians. The only thing we will miss maybe the newest IPad..or maybe latest car or fridge..I may be an eternal optimist..and probably get scorned here... But I have faith (not the God type) that Australians will knuckle down and set in for the fight..I also have faith that Scientists will find a treatment (not a vaccine yet).. Sooner rather than later, as the US. and it’s rich elite don’t like being sick..
Anyway I’ll be taking careful precautions as I’m one of the people that this virus can kill..but I’m preparing and prepared to fight by waiting it out and staying healthy..but I for one won’t be falling into madness or wild speculation..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My gosh..I know the virus is bad..but geeze people we need to calm down a bit..I have watched and read this thread..it has been extremely informative but it too is escalating..Threats of riots mayhem and carnage in the streets.. This is exactly the fear mongering that causes the ‘crazy’ behaviour in the shopping centres.. Australia has enough food..actually according to the Farmer’s Federation out of the food produced 25% sufficiently feeds ALL Australians. The only thing we will miss maybe the newest IPad..or maybe latest car or fridge..I may be an eternal optimist..and probably get scorned here... But I have faith (not the God type) that Australians will knuckle down and set in for the fight..I also have faith that Scientists will find a treatment (not a vaccine yet).. Sooner rather than later, as the US. and it’s rich elite don’t like being sick..
Anyway I’ll be taking careful precautions as I’m one of the people that this virus can kill..but I’m preparing and prepared to fight by waiting it out and staying healthy..but I for one won’t be falling into madness or wild speculation..
Sad thing is my bro, we haven't seen nothing yet.

The sheep have already proved they will buckle. The virus doesn't worry me, like you I'm on its kill list, I'm worried about the fuckwit sheep acting like rats.

I've prepared my family with provisions and also defence wise (I'll leave it at that ;) )

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope so. But humans are already acting terrible and we're about to enter a recession and a large amount of the population will lose their jobs (according to the economists)

Civil unrest comes pretty easy.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Recession coming, and I just bought a new 1995 fds rx7 Batty for $40k, to go with my evo 9 and s15 :o

I know a few boys on here will like this post, you know who you are ;);)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem we have is that this is something that affects everyone and we can't easily fight it together because it's not a tangible enemy.

If we were invaded by aliens then humans would rise up together to fight. Change that invasive species to a virus that threatens everyone and it becomes more of a case of every man for himself. If someone is in trouble then we team up to help that person. If everyone is in trouble then humans look to protect their own first and foremost.

It's human nature. It can be overcome though but it requires good leadership and intelligent planning. Unfortunately I don't believe we have either.

There is enough food in Australia to feed everyone in Australia 4 times over, but people in Australia starve because no one in a position of power cares enough to fix the problems. They're too busy fighting among themselves for favoritism of the masses.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I've prepared my family with provisions and also defence wise (I'll leave it at that ;) )
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I can picture you now, licking your lips in happiness waiting for the sheep to try and loot your house so you can unleash on them...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hot tip don't line up in ques at supermarkets and butcher's there's plenty of guinea pigs and rabbits for sale on Gumtree

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's ducks on the water front and I'm sure the neighbor with a fuck ton of cats won't notice 1 missing cleaning out my chest freezer now which I forgot I had lol

Status
Not open for further replies.