Match reveiw with Steve Turner and club analyst

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How about you break down Parramatta's attack from the same game, if I am not mistaken they had zero line breaks to our one.. They scored one pinball bullshit try with a backline and spine that will supposedly win the comp. We are close to where we need to be accept Wakeham in 7 and missing CHN plus a little tinkering.
Weak argument. Parramatta in the past have showed us that they are more than capable in attack and the points can flow, us on the other hand have not. People need to stop living in fairy land and just accept that our attack is fucking awful for a number of reasons, no need to pretend and try and convince yourself or others that it isn't.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Weak argument. Parramatta in the past have showed us that they are more than capable in attack and the points can flow, us on the other hand have not. People need to stop living in fairy land and just accept that our attack is fucking awful for a number of reasons, no need to pretend and try and convince yourself or others that it isn't.
Nah Bra, as you might say. That is a weak argument on your part. Parra have been widely tipped to be premiers or top 4 but because of your putrid hatred of one of your own players you are blinded by that. Our attack is not world class but so what? Our game plan reflects our cattle and as I have said before one of our biggest problems is the 9. Lewis is no Wally, but he cant take the blame for 16 others, we need to build a game plan around what we have got and defence is right up there with the positives we have at the moment.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nah Bra, as you might say. That is a weak argument on your part. Parra have been widely tipped to be premiers or top 4 but because of your putrid hatred of one of your own players you are blinded by that. Our attack is not world class but so what? Our game plan reflects our cattle and as I have said before one of our biggest problems is the 9. Lewis is no Wally, but he cant take the blame for 16 others, we need to build a game plan around what we have got and defence is right up there with the positives we have at the moment.
If our game plan reflects our cattle... You have just inadvertently admitted to all of Lewis' lack of ability as a half lol. Can't run the ball, can't pass, fuck it just bomb to no one haha.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If our game plan reflects our cattle... You have just inadvertently admitted to all of Lewis' lack of ability as a half lol. Can't run the ball, can't pass, fuck it just bomb to no one haha.
Fuck I must admit I wish our team backed each other up as much as you and the other Lewis death riders support each other.. Grow some Mike, I dont profess to think or say that Lewis is the messiah but I certainly dont rubbish my own like you and a few of your mates do.

Last time i checked buddy there were 16 other blokes participating but obviously it suits your agenda to blame 1 player. How did all that Parra strike power go last week? Were they shit because Lewis played, would they have been better if Cogger was there?? You blokes and your anti Lewis crap are blinded by what we have to work with and what the alternatives are. I wish Lewis was JT but he isnt, but I would have him over that Moses fraud any day.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You can twist things as much as you like and continue to look for excuse after excuse, but that still doesn't change the fact that we scored ZERO TRIES against a shitty Parra side that was there for the taking. If we showed any sort of ambition or tactical nous last Thursday then we win that game...instead we spent the night throwing up bombs that we couldn't even time our chase on because Lewis basically comes to a stand still with every kick.

WE. NEED. TO. SCORE. TRIES.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can twist things as much as you like and continue to look for excuse after excuse, but that still doesn't change the fact that we scored ZERO TRIES against a shitty Parra side that was there for the taking. If we showed any sort of ambition or tactical nous last Thursday then we win that game...instead we spent the night throwing up bombs that we couldn't even time our chase on because Lewis basically comes to a stand still with every kick.

Sancho2020... No one is disagreeing that we need to score points and that currently we are not. But to say Parra is a shitty side when plenty of so called experts tipped them to win the comp or top 4 minimum is bullshit. As I have said many times Lewis is not JT or Joey but even our 1 by your admission is limited, JMK is short of a gallop from injury and at best an average hooker in the making and not a Cooke or Smith, we dont have any classy other half apart from "Poppy injured" Foran and our outside backs are capable but dont have X factor..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck I must admit I wish our team backed each other up as much as you and the other Lewis death riders support each other.. Grow some Mike, I dont profess to think or say that Lewis is the messiah but I certainly dont rubbish my own like you and a few of your mates do.

Last time i checked buddy there were 16 other blokes participating but obviously it suits your agenda to blame 1 player. How did all that Parra strike power go last week? Were they shit because Lewis played, would they have been better if Cogger was there?? You blokes and your anti Lewis crap are blinded by what we have to work with and what the alternatives are. I wish Lewis was JT but he isnt, but I would have him over that Moses fraud any day.
just being realistic mate...
Said it before and I'll say it again, I'll cop the guy as a 6 taking a back seat but we are going nowhere with him wearing the 7 and taking control because when he does the 11 other guys around him (excluding our shit service from 9) have zero room to work with...
Changing the cattle around him won't make a difference as being that slow and having lack of vision will see us continually play a flat style of play and being forced to run unders because our backs have no time and space (just like last season and last week).

Lewis is the safe option as he can tackle, some of us don't want that option we've been craving some entertaining play from our team for years and I'm sick of waiting tbh when we have 2 young halves in Averillo and Wakeham. Brent Read said it best on 360 tonight "you score 2 tries against the dogs and you pretty much beat them as they just don't have points in them".

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sancho2020... No one is disagreeing that we need to score points and that currently we are not. But to say Parra is a shitty side when plenty of so called experts tipped them to win the comp or top 4 minimum is bullshit. As I have said many times Lewis is not JT or Joey but even our 1 by your admission is limited, JMK is short of a gallop from injury and at best an average hooker in the making and not a Cooke or Smith, we dont have any classy other half apart from "Poppy injured" Foran and our outside backs are capable but dont have X factor..[/QUOTE

That's right and I don't buy the oh it's the cattle around him, a half should still have good instinct and vision, something Lewis lacks... That's evident in his non existent running game. He pre empts his play and doesn't play what he sees.
When you start recruiting players out wide to compensate for what your lacking in the halves creates major problems... Spine has to be addressed first.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s pretty obvious what’s going on, Elliot used to be their favourite whipping boy. Their go to target for piling on the ridicule. Problem for them is he’s been going OK, so the heard has to find someone else to deride.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sancho2020... No one is disagreeing that we need to score points and that currently we are not. But to say Parra is a shitty side when plenty of so called experts tipped them to win the comp or top 4 minimum is bullshit. As I have said many times Lewis is not JT or Joey but even our 1 by your admission is limited, JMK is short of a gallop from injury and at best an average hooker in the making and not a Cooke or Smith, we dont have any classy other half apart from "Poppy injured" Foran and our outside backs are capable but dont have X factor..
It's not bullshit, Parra are one of the most inconsistent and softest sides in the comp.l and on Thursday night they were there for the taking and now where near their best.

Yes we're limited, but we're not using what we have to the best of our ability. Do you seriously think playing Lewis at halfback and racking up 70+ touches is a good thing for the side? What about our complete lack of support runners? No attempted offloads? Etc. We are capable of doing SO MUCH MORE even with the limitations on the side and it's fucking frustrating to see.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not bullshit, Parra are one of the most inconsistent and softest sides in the comp.l and on Thursday night they were there for the taking and now where near their best.

Yes we're limited, but we're not using what we have to the best of our ability. Do you seriously think playing Lewis at halfback and racking up 70+ touches is a good thing for the side? What about our complete lack of support runners? No attempted offloads? Etc. We are capable of doing SO MUCH MORE even with the limitations on the side and it's fucking frustrating to see.
Mate, at least I take the time to read your posts before commenting, you might do the same. I have always agreed he should not be halfback and I have always said he should play a traditional 5/8 role and let Wakeham run the show at 7. In hindsight you can label Parra soft all you like, but the media experts just like you were expecting us to get lapped by them in round 1 (many on the Kennel thought this).

As for support runners thats their job (edge back row, centres, wingers, fullback etc.) to be running in support or looking for broken play or 2nd phase play but I assume you want to lay that at Lewis's feet as well?

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cattle not cow!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's right and I don't buy the oh it's the cattle around him, a half should still have good instinct and vision, something Lewis lacks... That's evident in his non existent running game. He pre empts his play and doesn't play what he sees.
When you start recruiting players out wide to compensate for what your lacking in the halves creates major problems... Spine has to be addressed first.
Spine needs to be addressed first.. Ok so we have a absolute rookie at 7, a hooker most on here dont rate and a fullback your mate Sancho reckons is shit as he struggles under the high ball and cant pass?? So there are 4 parts to the spine and apparently all of ours are shit, so that explains your obsession with Lewis?? I think you all need to take a breath and support what we have which is pretty good and with tinkering will get better. As I said I would like to see Wakeham lead the boys around at 7 and let Lewis find his own space at 6.

You blokes are really funny...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Spine needs to be addressed first.. Ok so we have a absolute rookie at 7, a hooker most on here dont rate and a fullback your mate Sancho reckons is shit as he struggles under the high ball and cant pass?? So there are 4 parts to the spine and apparently all of ours are shit, so that explains your obsession with Lewis?? I think you all need to take a breath and support what we have which is pretty good and with tinkering will get better. As I said I would like to see Wakeham lead the boys around at 7 and let Lewis find his own space at 6.

You blokes are really funny...
Our team is full of people out of position
DWZ is a better winger
Elliot isnt a middle forward
JMK is a utility
Lewis isn't a 7
Smith isn't a centre
Meaney is a fullback
I can deal with supporting everyone if they are where they should be... This affects our juniors imo as we are blocking opportunity for them on players that shouldn't be where they are, that's my biggest issue tbh

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s pretty obvious what’s going on, Elliot used to be their favourite whipping boy. Their go to target for piling on the ridicule. Problem for them is he’s been going OK, so the heard has to find someone else to deride.

Go Dogs
Elliot can fuck off with lewis. Bazil using parra for an excuse for rd 1.
Parra scored more points last year than we have in 5 years.
Yes parra struggled last week. But we struggle for years now. Moses will turn it around, lewis wont.
After 5 years of disgraceful attack, the coach only spent 10 percent of the off season working on it.
I have lost all faith in lyn and dean.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliot can fuck off with lewis. Bazil using parra for an excuse for rd 1.
Parra scored more points last year than we have in 5 years.
Yes parra struggled last week. But we struggle for years now. Moses will turn it around, lewis wont.
After 5 years of disgraceful attack, the coach only spent 10 percent of the off season working on it.
I have lost all faith in lyn and dean.
I don’t make excuses, for what? Parra where lucky to beat us last week with everyone calling them comp favourites and fell over the line with arsey rebound try.

Yep, Parra scored a shit load more points than we did last year and we also beat the pricks in their backyard and at the end of season when they should have been winning. We don’t have gun halves and we don’t have X factor players except for maybe Foran.

If we get our defence right, points will come thru Wakeham and DWZ and Hoppa + some of the young guys coming thru like Harper.