News.com article saying Okunbor facing being sacked. CHN facing 8-12wk suspension.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wait - did you just call me a Dick? :-)

Still here Steve, just dropped with Wendog as requested. BTW, in an earlier post you’re bang on the money about the position I’ve taken all along and still believe to be valid (as it appears you do). And obviously I requested for your help to back up my story :-). I won’t say more for now because it would be slanderous to do so :-).
Have spoken to my lawyer and she's forbidden me to speak on the topic out of the fear of a libel suit ontop of the slander suit.

However, she's given me the all clear to call you a Dick ... you dick

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Now that is a different question entirely. Everyone deserves a second chance.. But first they must take ownership that it was wrong and as you say apologize for it.. So far unless I am mistaken its been deafening silence from those accused.

I dont think either deserves to be rubbed out, but its difficult to determine what is fair while they and the apologist for them dont acknowledge the issue in the first place. Falls on his sword...? Like its amicable what has happened...
My guess is that they have been told by their lawyers to say nothing, disappear, no pictures, no getting ambushed by the press, don’t inflame the situation, no ammunition, let the heat die down.

At the appropriate time their biggest and most humble apologies should go to their teammates who they have let down mightily.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I believe the point he's trying to make out is that even though what he didn't align with the values of our club, it wasn't illegal. And for Dinkum to say otherwise is slander.

Find his line of argument insulting personally as it completely tries to distance itself from the true issue here, which you highlighted above.

He was given the right education. He had plenty of chances to back off. He went against all the stipulations, regulations, guidelines listed by the club. But people still want to hold onto the whole 'nothing illegal happened' line as if it makes something better. And if someone dares say that it is (still think I was the only one) then it's slander.

Petty.
If what they had done was actually illegal then it would be even worse.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Do you have a rule about under or over the quote?

One more thing you kennel police hadn't ruled on as yet? :grinning:
Good stuff! I see you can do ratings now but still reply above the quote. Glad you took some of my advice :grinning:

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I believe the point he's trying to make out is that even though what he didn't align with the values of our club, it wasn't illegal. And for Dinkum to say otherwise is slander.

Find his line of argument insulting personally as it completely tries to distance itself from the true issue here, which you highlighted above.

He was given the right education. He had plenty of chances to back off. He went against all the stipulations, regulations, guidelines listed by the club. But people still want to hold onto the whole 'nothing illegal happened' line as if it makes something better. And if someone dares say that it is (still think I was the only one) then it's slander.

Petty.
Let me just clarify that not once have I said that what he did s acceptable and because nothing illegal occurred he should be ok.
We are not a lawless society where you can accuse someone of a crime and slander them just because we don't accept how they behave.
My argument has always been to stick to the issue, hold that person accountable for thier actions but we can't lable him as a predator of children.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So it turns out Murdock's news organisation was telling porkies.

What a surprise.

They are supposed to be reporting the news, not making it. High time for society to start insisting on this.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I believe I accused both of breaking laws at the very beginning when this occurred. After hearing a lot of you talk, and with more information about the case I quickly said nothing was illegal when it became clear that CHN did it through Tinder I took back my comments about him.

In regard to JO my comments have been about breaking Child Supervision Laws and based on what I've seen so far I'll stand by that. That doesn't necessarily mean he's committing a crime and needs to be charged, however from my experience with child supervision he's clearly breached a number of areas. These areas, as mentioned, would be more confined to juristriction which the Bulldogs / NRL has rather than the police simply because it never truly became a public matter without any complaints.

Bit sick of this whole argument personally. We'll see what happens when the Dogs hand out their punishments.
What's so hard to understand that anyone breaking a LAW would be committing a crime.
This is my argument, if you do something that is not tasteful you have only breached the standards set out either by society or an organisation. You can't be labeled a criminal or slander that person.
SLANDER as defined by law (the action or crime of making a false statement damaging to a person's reputation)

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

It’s annoying but I generally skip most of your comments anyway :grinning:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What's so hard to understand that anyone breaking a LAW would be committing a crime.
This is my argument, if you do something that is not tasteful you have only breached the standards set out either by society or an organisation. You can't be labeled a criminal or slander that person.
SLANDER as defined by law (the action or crime of making a false statement damaging to a person's reputation)
Are you saying breaking a law is always committing a crime?

A

Alexander the Great

I got called up on it recently as well. I think it agitates people so ill continue to do it.

The world is falling apart and people are worried about users commenting in the correct format to help with their OCD.

A

Alexander the Great

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Some of the best advice Wayne Bennet gave me as a young guy.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let me just clarify that not once have I said that what he did s acceptable and because nothing illegal occurred he should be ok.
We are not a lawless society where you can accuse someone of a crime and slander them just because we don't accept how they behave.
My argument has always been to stick to the issue, hold that person accountable for thier actions but we can't lable him as a predator of children.
I could honestly see the points you were trying to make before, but now you've really lost me. Yes, people should hold judgment until they know all the facts so I understand what you're trying to say there. By labelling someone without having the facts in front of you, it can be dangerous as to wrongly label someone is potentially life changing. Agree with you there. Maybe it would've been best for me to allow you "nothing illegal done / nothing to see here" brigade to prance about, but my way of thinking is that it's doing the situation injustice not to speak up about how I feel and see the matter. So I did.

But who's talking about him being a predator of children? Man. You do like making shit up. It's Child Supervision Guidelines 101 dude.
  1. Don't be alone with any child.
  2. Don't talk about anything sexual.
  3. Don't touch the child in an inappropriate matter.
  4. Don't connect with child via social media.
  5. Don't ever be alone with a child in a room.
  6. Report any incidences immediately.
He went against all of these things and more. No one is or has labelled him as a child predator as far as I know. She's old enough to have sex. She didn't complain. Her parents didn't complain. What's so hard to understand about that? The sex part is legal and no one here is debating that.

However ... that doesn't mean he hasn't failed in his duty to perform his duties of 'supervising' the child. And whichever way you put it he did. Is that breaking the law? If he were a teacher, or teacher's assistant etc. he'd 100% be breaking the law. The only difference in this case is that he's employed by the NRL and Bulldogs, and by acting so quickly the Dogs have managed to get the parents / child to be sweet with it all and to take on responsibility to act. Well done Bulldogs.

Now. You're the first person who's even connected Okunbor to being a predator of children. Is it possibly you who is slandering the player?

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you think that the NRL and Bulldogs made up the guidelines for these football clinics by themselves? Or did they reference policies already in practice at schools? In the education system? And if these guidelines were broken at school, would the teacher be breaking the law?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I could honestly see the points you were trying to make before, but now you've really lost me. Yes, people should hold judgment until they know all the facts so I understand what you're trying to say there. By labelling someone without having the facts in front of you, it can be dangerous as to wrongly label someone is potentially life changing. Agree with you there. Maybe it would've been best for me to allow you "nothing illegal done / nothing to see here" brigade to prance about, but my way of thinking is that it's doing the situation injustice not to speak up about how I feel and see the matter. So I did.

But who's talking about him being a predator of children? Man. You do like making shit up. It's Child Supervision Guidelines 101 dude.
  1. Don't be alone with any child.
  2. Don't talk about anything sexual.
  3. Don't touch the child in an inappropriate matter.
  4. Don't connect with child via social media.
  5. Don't ever be alone with a child in a room.
  6. Report any incidences immediately.
He went against all of these things and more. No one is or has labelled him as a child predator as far as I know. She's old enough to have sex. She didn't complain. Her parents didn't complain. What's so hard to understand about that? The sex part is legal and no one here is debating that.

However ... that doesn't mean he failed in his duty to perform his duties of 'supervising' the child. And whichever way you put it he did. Is that breaking the law? If he were a teacher, or teacher's assistant etc. he'd 100% be breaking the law. The only difference in this case is that he's employed by the NRL and Bulldogs, and by acting so quickly the Dogs have managed to get the parents / child to be sweet with it all and to take on responsibility to act. Well done Bulldogs.

Now. You're the first person who's even connected Okunbor to being a predator of children. Is it possibly you who is slandering the player?
Steve - BOOM. 100% correct.
Something that the caped driver has failed to see from the outset yet continues to open his mouth purely for the purposes of changing feet.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If what they had done was actually illegal then it would be even worse.

Go Dogs
If the parents had complained to force the police to act then it would've been much worse. Completely agree. Once again fantastic work by the Bulldogs to not allow it to get to that stage.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sick of this talk though. Club really needs to put a line through it all as it's drawing out too long.

Nothing more to say on it from my side now though as there's really nothing else I can say. My views are my views.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do you think that the NRL and Bulldogs made up the guidelines for these football clinics by themselves? Or did they reference policies already in practice at schools? In the education system? And if these guidelines were broken at school, would the teacher be breaking the law?
If it's referenced to a LAW and the corporation has a legal authority to do so then it would be a By-Law. No one can introduce laws, that's done through Parliament.
Police and Government Attorneys don't leave it up to the public to prosecute. If a crime is committed wether a complaint is made or not is not considered when pressing charges.

There is absolutely no need for any organisation or employer to enforce a law through a code of conduct. Remember also that ignorance of the law is not a defense

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sick of this talk though. Club really needs to put a line through it all as it's drawing out too long.

Nothing more to say on it from my side now though as there's really nothing else I can say. My views are my views.
Ok other than discussing the actions of the 2 players concerned why are you rejecting wanting to be informed about how things work

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it's referenced to a LAW and the corporation has a legal authority to do so then it would be a By-Law. No one can introduce laws, that's done through Parliament.
Police and Government Attorneys don't leave it up to the public to prosecute. If a crime is committed wether a complaint is made or not is not considered when pressing charges.

There is absolutely no need for any organisation or employer to enforce a law through a code of conduct. Remember also that ignorance of the law is not a defense
Remember once when I was young and stupid (though am still stupid now).

Got blind drunk and thought it'd be funny to steal a small tree from outside of a restaurant. Dragged that damned tree up the street, 3 flights of stairs, and laid it in my roommate's bed. Funny as fuck.

Unfortunately everything had been captured on CCTV and the police had seen me dragging that heavy arsed tree into the building. They came a knocking and off to jail I went.

Funny thing is though. Even though the cops really wanted to charge me, the restaurant refused to make a complaint so they couldn't do anything. I walked free.

Now, you can list daily incidences of this in Australia when it comes to abuse within a family when police know what's happened but the wife / partner refuses to complain so the police can't do anything. I'm not an expert on law (other than I've been arrested a number of times) but I think complaints are definitely considered and were in this case. Sorry ...

As I said though, I've had enough arguing with you over this. I've said my piece. Clearly you're not going to change your mind and keep your stance so good for you. I don't agree with you in the slightest so I'll just move on from it.

Don't take my silence on this matter than I have changed my views. I've just got nothing else to say.