Opinion Remis Smith @ center

Malla

Reaction score
Probably more moula when contract renewal is due
100%
He’s not a centre but clearly the motive is money
I hope Pay has the balls to move him back to wing when he keeps giving us shit performances

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He isnt a natural centre, needs to learn how to fend, i really think he isnt that great of a winger either, too lazy.he is talented, but not consistent.
Unfortunately probably our best winger at the club, id play harper or averillo at 3. Sink or swim, good on deano for giving the lad a crack.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone that tried to say he was not a centre for last 5 months copped it with abuse.
Now everyones an expert lol.
Now its play averillo in the centres, still no idea. Hes a 6 thats it, so play him there.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People want him in the centres being fed the ball off lewis.
No wonder our useless coach still has support on here. I give up

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone needs to show Reimis that game he played against the Dragons where he absolutely tore up and burnt an inform and much-hyped Matt Duffy and co. to remind him why he not only belongs on the wing but what he is capable of in that position.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You don't weaken one position to strengthen another.
Smith's our best winger should have stayed there but happy for him to have a handful of games at centre to see if he adapts.
We need to buy a decent centre.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone that tried to say he was not a centre for last 5 months copped it with abuse.
Now its play averillo in the centres, still no idea. Hes a 6 thats it, so play him there.
Mate, interested to hear what your best 17 would look like?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Was watching Remis last week and wasn't to happy with the lines he was picking for his runs.

That could be down to finding his feet in the centres. Could also be down to poor service and or crowding by the forwards.

He was a good winger, I'd like to see Harper get a run inside him and push him back out to the wing.

Does anybody know why he wanted to push into the centres?
I believe when he came on to the scene his family said wait till he gets a shot at centre as that was his junior position apparently. I thought he was a handle full last week at times. Agree his line running wasn’t great but if Fozza was there I think that would be a different story. There is just a lot of young guys in the team especially in key positions they haven’t quite got the chemistry right in attack yet.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Imagine Smith not being on the wing when we he would have a massive advantage over Ben Hampton this week. No brainer to move him back imo.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here: give him time bulldog fans.... in pay we trust!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This subject has been done to death but for the 7th time;
He’s not a Fcuking centre and he sure as Fcuk isn’t a left centre (harder of the 2 sides)

he will never be a centre. Why move your best winger to centre is beyond me???

harper finished the year in fg and had a solid debut
Not saying he’s a superstar but we are better off with reimis back to the wing with hoppa and Harper at left centre!!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This subject has been done to death but for the 7th time;
He’s not a Fcuking centre and he sure as Fcuk isn’t a left centre (harder of the 2 sides)

he will never be a centre. Why move your best winger to centre is beyond me???

harper finished the year in fg and had a solid debut
Not saying he’s a superstar but we are better off with reimis back to the wing with hoppa and Harper at left centre!!!
It's probably his personal ambition, in fact I am sure it is as he said it himself.

is it smart to Deprive him of that dream when we have a vacant spot, now that Holland is going to a more utility role to utilise his all round skill set?

I'd rather him at wing too. Wings becoming more important with the jump rule. And it's underrated in a lot of ways.
But until we pay wingers the way we do centres, what can ya do.

a top winger would get 400, a top centre 750. The best winger in the comp (Like a Sivo, Morris etc) will be on 500. The best Centres like Dugan and Latrell will be on or offered 800+
Remis wants those Benjamin's $$$

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Give him time but in saying that id prefer him on wing with harper at centre with averillo the long term centre

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he doesn't improve his positioning in attack over the next two weeks I'd be moving him back to the wing. Defensively he was good. But he was very consistent with ball in hand last year and if he can start to offer that more often at centre it's going to offer long term benefits.

The best centres instinctively know when to move in field when an inside ball might be on and on a few occasions last week he didn't show that instinct. But his last few years playing on the wing have probably taught him to hug the sideline to some extent. So I'm ok with him getting a few games to get his positioning right. The forwards and Lewis were playing very wide in attack which didn't help him and Meaney. So that has to be addressed too. If he's not able to make the position his own by round three I'd shift him to the wing again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He needs to realise he is probably more likely to look like a superstar winger rather than an average centre and that is far better for his earning potential ala JOC. He does seem lazy and needs to look for the ball when on the wing. Will have more space out there in our team structure too. Shouldn't take Pay and Smith to much longer to realise this.
Someone needs to show Reimis that game he played against the Dragons where he absolutely tore up and burnt an inform and much-hyped Matt Duffy and co. to remind him why he not only belongs on the wing but what he is capable of in that position.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He might get better with time but was definitely a weapon on the wing... I really like Harper, afraid he will move on if he doesn't get another shot soon.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He'll be up against Marsters tonight, that will be a good gauge of where he's at.
Morgan plays that right side for the Cowboys, along with Hess, Marsters and Feldt.
That's Stimson, Lewis, Smith and Meaney on our left edge.
Would be good to see some crossfield kicks from Wakeham above Morgan / Marsters for Smith to latch onto