News.com article saying Okunbor facing being sacked. CHN facing 8-12wk suspension.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What are you on about mate, I'm not disputing thier actions being inappropriate or distasteful. I agree with them being punished however he has claimed that it's to do with working with children and it's clearly not. In one of his post He wanted to be informed how it couldn't be that reason. So basically he claimed that JO and CHN committed a crime then he changed to say its a workplace issue relating to that misconduct.
I returned fire after he started to ridicule my view as someone who is agitated and have an agenda amongst other insinuations.

I don't need to but I'll add that I'm a father of 3 girls with a 15yo in high school, so if you think that holds any significance to allow me to comment on this subject, which it doesn't.
They are children mate full stop. At least one is at school and at the school Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs / NRL visited. You didn't return fire you decided to cheapen the issue because it suits your point of view.

Plus is really important to the debate where I popped up from
It is if your reasons are based on opinion and not fact. If you do have school aged girls then I am staggered by you response. And I dont give a fuck what anyone thinks of that..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What are you on about mate, I'm not disputing thier actions being inappropriate or distasteful. I agree with them being punished however he has claimed that it's to do with working with children and it's clearly not. In one of his post He wanted to be informed how it couldn't be that reason. So basically he claimed that JO and CHN committed a crime then he changed to say its a workplace issue relating to that misconduct.
I returned fire after he started to ridicule my view as someone who is agitated and have an agenda amongst other insinuations.

I don't need to but I'll add that I'm a father of 3 girls with a 15yo in high school, so if you think that holds any significance to allow me to comment on this subject, which it doesn't.
I think it's the whole 'slander' thing is petty personally which I think is a poor approach to getting your view across.

Maybe you're getting mixed up between him and me as numerous times I brought up that I thought he had commited a crime when connected to child supervision? Don't know, but I do remember him pointing out repeatedly that no crime had been commited whereas I was the one talking about child supervision laws.

Look. My question is this. If the parents and/or female involved had complained would the police have pressed charges? Or at least investigated further? I imagine yes. In that case the only reason he hasn't done anything illegal is only because no formal complaint was made, but it doesn't take away from the fact it was against the law. Get what I'm saying.?

I'll give you an example. Last year an employee at a camp I know went against the child supervision guidelines that are implemented on camp to the point that one of the parents had to be notified and a child was sent home. The employee was immediately let go based on what happened so no formal complaint was made by the parents. On the surface the employee hadn't done anything illegal, and because the camp acted immediately and dealt with it immediately it never got to public light.

However, that doesn't mean that there weren't grounds for the state, police etc. to press charges had they known the full extent of what happened. In reality, had the cmap chosen to take the step to report this employee then he/she would've potentially been facing charges as would've the camp itself.

The argument you're presenting is based purely on the fact nothing illegal has occurred which is based entirely on the fact no complaints were made. However, had there been one then the case would've been entirely different. No?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s hypothesise and say Okunbor has his contract torn up and is deregistered by the NRL, what does that actually mean? Firstly that means he no longer gets paid by us and hence it frees up Salary Cap space (albeit not a lot but every $ counts).

Obviously he can’t play again this year, but he could apply to the NRL for reregistration next year, after serving basically a one year suspension. I think the NRL would be hard pressed to justify a life time deregistration. Even 2 years would be stretching it compared to the precedents. He always has the right to appeal or go to court for unfair dismissal especially if the punishment is ridiculously out of proportion. Being deregistered he most likely couldn’t even train with team. Which would do him no good at all mentally. He could be given a diet and a fitness/work out regime. Which if he follows then means that he should bounce back pretty quickly.

If he falls on his sword, genuinely apologises to all parties (yes, including us fans) and does a lot of visible community and charity work for the whole year. Does every applicable training course and shows genuine remorse for his indiscretion. Do we take him back, give him a second chance, paid the price, did the time. Any breach and it’s goodbye forever.

What say you Bulldogs fans?

Go Dogs

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They are children mate full stop. At least one is at school and at the school Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs / NRL visited. You didn't return fire you decided to cheapen the issue because it suits your point of view.

It is if your reasons are based on opinion and not fact. If you do have school aged girls then I am staggered by you response. And I dont give a fuck what anyone thinks of that..
For me the real issue isn't that they're school girls but that the first interaction was made at school and that one of them was fully aware that she was at the school he had just done a football session at.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let’s hypothesise and say Okunbor has his contract torn up and is deregistered by the NRL, what does that actually mean? Firstly that means he no longer gets paid by us and hence it frees up Salary Cap space (albeit not a lot but every $ counts).

Obviously he can’t play again this year, but he could apply to the NRL for reregistration next year, after serving basically a one year suspension. I think the NRL would be hard pressed to justify a life time deregistration. Even 2 years would be stretching it compared to the precedents. He always has the right to appeal or go to court for unfair dismissal especially if the punishment is ridiculously out of proportion. Being deregistered he most likely couldn’t even train with team. Which would do him no good at all mentally. He could be given a diet and a fitness/work out regime. Which if he follows then means that he should bounce back pretty quickly.

If he falls on his sword, genuinely apologises to all parties (yes, including us fans) and does a lot of visible community and charity work for the whole year. Does every applicable training course and shows genuine remorse for his indiscretion. Do we take him back, give him a second chance, paid the price, did the time. Any breach and it’s goodbye forever.

Go Dogs
I wouldn't take him back. I personally think the players have waited too long to come out and say something and too much time has passed for any apology to be actually meaningful.

I'd hate to see this guy buried without a chance to play again for this, however unfortunately very harsh penalties have to be implemented. In any other business had an employee went against work guidelines like this I doubt they'd be given a second chance. Can't see it happening at the Dogs

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's the whole 'slander' thing is petty personally which I think is a poor approach to getting your view across.

Maybe you're getting mixed up between him and me as numerous times I brought up that I thought he had commited a crime when connected to child supervision? Don't know, but I do remember him pointing out repeatedly that no crime had been commited whereas I was the one talking about child supervision laws.

Look. My question is this. If the parents and/or female involved had complained would the police have pressed charges? Or at least investigated further? I imagine yes. In that case the only reason he hasn't done anything illegal is only because no formal complaint was made, but it doesn't take away from the fact it was against the law. Get what I'm saying.?

I'll give you an example. Last year an employee at a camp I know went against the child supervision guidelines that are implemented on camp to the point that one of the parents had to be notified and a child was sent home. The employee was immediately let go based on what happened so no formal complaint was made by the parents. On the surface the employee hadn't done anything illegal, and because the camp acted immediately and dealt with it immediately it never got to public light.

However, that doesn't mean that there weren't grounds for the state, police etc. to press charges had they known the full extent of what happened. In reality, had the cmap chosen to take the step to report this employee then he/she would've potentially been facing charges as would've the camp itself.

The argument you're presenting is based purely on the fact nothing illegal has occurred which is based entirely on the fact no complaints were made. However, had there been one then the case would've been entirely different. No?

Hey Steve, I am Eugene..:tearsofjoy:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Now that is a different question entirely. Everyone deserves a second chance.. But first they must take ownership that it was wrong and as you say apologize for it.. So far unless I am mistaken its been deafening silence from those accused.

I dont think either deserves to be rubbed out, but its difficult to determine what is fair while they and the apologist for them dont acknowledge the issue in the first place. Falls on his sword...? Like its amicable what has happened...

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just want to ask you a basic question regarding this topic
By no means have any idea about the complex legalities of what’s going on
Please correct me if I’m wrong but I thought that the police would press charges if they knew a crime was committed regardless if a formal complaint was lodged or not.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just want to ask you a basic question regarding this topic
By no means have any idea about the complex legalities of what’s going on
Please correct me if I’m wrong but I thought that the police would press charges if they knew a crime was committed regardless if a formal complaint was lodged or not.
I don't think so? In the case of matters related to domestic cases like abuse etc. if a person doesn't complain there's very little they can do. Obviously they can still try to press forward with charges, but without a complaint it's then I imagine it's difficult to take that next step. Happy to be corrected but ...

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think so? In the case of matters related to domestic cases like abuse etc. if a person doesn't complain there's very little they can do. Obviously they can still try to press forward with charges, but without a complaint it's then I imagine it's difficult to take that next step. Happy to be corrected but ...
That’s all good mate thanks for the clarification
I suppose we just wait until next week to hear the outcome of this saga that was totally avoidable and costly to our club
They must be having sleepless nights thinking about it.
Have put themselves totally at the mercy of others,not good

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s all good mate thanks for the clarification
I suppose we just wait until next week to hear the outcome of this saga that was totally avoidable and costly to our club
They must be having sleepless nights thinking about it.
Have put themselves totally at the mercy of others,not good
Oh don't quote me on that mate as I'm no expert, especially when it comes to Australian law.

If something isn't presented to the police then they've got nothing to go on. At this point because there's been no complaints I don't think they've got any grounds to really investigate further, and they don't want to waste public funds doing so. Imagine they're happy to let the Dogs & NRL investigate it dealing out their punishment.

Do feel sorry for them in that it's destroyed their careers. No one wants a player to be deregistered. But at the same time they've received so much training on this. They've got no excuses at all and just saying they're young and make mistakes isn't enough imo.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This outcome, if true, is consistent with what I said from the beginning - a violation of the Working with Children legislation from Okunbor.
Such matters are taken very seriously and the consensual sex and age of consent component of the whole story have very little do with it - except for the poor light in which it places the club / loss of sponsorship etc.
Hence why CHN may cop a heavy sanction, but may not lose his job.
We will see...
Just reminding you in case you have forgotten, A VIOLATION OF THE WORKING WITH CHILDREN LEGISLATION FROM OKUNBUR.

That statement suggest a crime has been committed. You then state that consensual sex and age is irrelevant. These are the statements you made but continue to deny them.

You have manipulated do others to question me and have them try and defend you when what you have done is a sign clear as day that this is slanderous.

If you are man enough to respond and own up or just ignore and use the disagree function, either way it will highlight the type of person you are.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Your just a fool, petty to slander someone and not call them out for this. Please

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Your just a fool, petty to slander someone and not call them out for this. Please
What should I be calling him out for? Slander? Let it go man. Fuck. We all make mistakes when posting shit. Just own that you got it wrong.

I've put my hand up and said that I actually did/do think he's broken the law. Call me out for slander then ... you're not doing that though as you've got a point to prove against @DinkumDog

You still haven't answered my questions btw .... but you prefer to stick to the slander comments ... I wonder why?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just reminding you in case you have forgotten, A VIOLATION OF THE WORKING WITH CHILDREN LEGISLATION FROM OKUNBUR.

That statement suggest a crime has been committed. You then state that consensual sex and age is irrelevant. These are the statements you made but continue to deny them.

You have manipulated do others to question me and have them try and defend you when what you have done is a sign clear as day that this is slanderous.

If you are man enough to respond and own up or just ignore and use the disagree function, either way it will highlight the type of person you are.
Was working "employed" (paid got a wage etc.) by the Bulldogs/NRL to go to a school as a representative where one of the "school girls" was and then even after being told online that she was by her, continued with his adventure.. Are you done yet?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Not sure if it's just me but I completely agree with the statement @DinkumDog made here. He's smart enough to put in such things as if it's true whereas I wasn more direct ;)