News Canterbury Leagues Club’s $6.5m deal to keep Bulldogs afloat

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 massive Leagues Clubs, our own stadium, millions in the bank and probably a few more premierships.
It all sounds good especially the premiership bit.
I wonder how close we were to this being reality at the time

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It all sounds good especially the premiership bit.
I wonder how close we were to this being reality at the time
It wasn't that far off being realty they had the land and money all sorted. Liverpool council ended up being the downfall of it.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn't that far off being realty they had the land and money all sorted. Liverpool council ended up being the downfall of it.
That’s a real shame to be honest
I was thinking last week when walking into BankWest why couldn’t we have this fantastic stadium
Of course we have spoken about this topic a zillion times
A bit jealous

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s a real shame to be honest
I was thinking last week when walking into BankWest why couldn’t we have this fantastic stadium
Of course we have spoken about this topic a zillion times
A bit jealous
For sure it's a huge missed opportunity I can't see the stars aligning like that again.
It will be interesting to see what happens in the near future with stadiums there's talk the ANZ renovations might not go ahead due to the financial fall out of coronavirus.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure it's a huge missed opportunity I can't see the stars aligning like that again.
It will be interesting to see what happens in the near future with stadiums there's talk the ANZ renovations might not go ahead due to the financial fall out of coronavirus.
Yeah who knows these days what is going to happen
The main thing is that we all just keep in good health to be honest
I’m also of the opinion and hate to say but we will never have our own dedicated stadium in Belmore
Mind you all the other Sydney teams are playing at outdated grounds

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a problem. So did I actually. I thought the sharks were in a much worse position too. I’d love to see manly fold
The sharks are in really bad situation they only 25 million in the bank but they real estate deal was meant to make over 200 million

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it we are the only club that the virus is affecting financially ? I know we don't have a major sponsor at the moment but what about the clubs in financial with difficulties before the virus eg Titans ,Dragons, im sure I heard there was more ?
Dragons are part owned by win news so they are pretty alright but in the courier mail our club was second to broncos in $

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who was the snitch and is he still alive? Serious question. Wasn't it a disgruntled builder or contractor?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who was the snitch and is he still alive? Serious question. Wasn't it a disgruntled builder or contractor?
Al Constantinidis was the ***** name yeah he was a contractor and he knew way too much.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Al Constantinidis was the c*** name yeah he was a contractor and he knew way too much.
This guy was involved in other shit too, the law did catch up with him . All one has to do is google his name.
Was Keating’s business partner in a piggery at one time. Shonky as they come .

Anyway, we sometimes forget just how strong our club is with the Leagues club. Good news regarding the leagues sponsoring us, and much much better option than having crappy Rashays on our jersey.

Last edited:

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be proud to wear that jersey.

Let's face it, Rashays was pretty much bottom of the barrel as far as major sponsorship is concerned.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all the talk of cutting players salaries what if the leagues club stepped in to pay the difference in pay ? May attract a few more players to the club , I wonder what sort of money would be involved.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree,
I'll be getting one.
You will never get a better sponsors name on a jersey than our leagues club.

I encourage everyone to do the same to support our club.
If the league suspends it’s season no club will have a sponsor considering they all putting shit on us not having a sponsor
I’m sure we’d be one of a handful of clubs that would survive if it happens
Lol
Imagine the uproar if we signed up more new members and sold more merchandise in a cancelled 2020 season with all our dramas, than the Rooters did in 2019 after winning a premiership and fielding a stacked team!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol
Imagine the uproar if we signed up more new members and sold more merchandise in a cancelled 2020 season with all our dramas, than the Rooters did in 2019 after winning a premiership and fielding a stacked team!
A couple of good signings and Canterbury leagues on the jumper I’m sure we will sign members up
Plus the leagues club said if a sponsor comes along they will vacate the front sponsor ship for it

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I went to their website to see if you could join online (you cant) ended up doing the virtual tour since I've never been there..... gotta say I think they should keep their $6.5 million and buy some new furniture some of the chairs and seating looked older than me & I'm 40!

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes we are. Believe it or not but Gary Mcintyre re-structured the whole constitution of the football/Leagues club back in the early 80's, to give power to the football club over the leagues club hence the number of football club board members on the leagues club board.
He was a very smart man and along with Bullfrogs blessings we were able to ensure the long term stability of the football club.
Gary was also the mastermind behind the expansion and re-development of the Leagues club in the 80's.
The leagues club wasn't even half the size it is now.
I still remember as a little kid living in Belmore walking past the leagues club every morning to go to school.
That whole area where the bistro/Main entrance etc is now was all housing.
The far right side of flames was where the entry into the club was. The grass area outside where the rock fountain is was Gladstone St.
All the other Administrators that followed later on built on what was already paved way for them.
This of course was able to be done because of the demographics of the area which rich multicultural back grounds who spent money at the club whether it was through the poker machines or simply wining and dining and came in numbers... like the Lebs, Asians, Europeans(Greeks, Italians etc).
We're very lucky!
and Aussies.....

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant wait to buy a Dogs jersey with the leagues as the sponsor
guna look fucking mint