Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Social distancing may last a year, meh the mrs has been social distancing from My penis for ever

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Doing my bit was using the online shopping. That was cancelled. I haven't been to the shops to fight those bushpigs before. Turn up. Lo and behold. Nothing in stock.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One more death in Sydney. 86 year old man :(

Also, an extra 105 cases in the last 12 hours. Now at 560 cases in Australia.

On the plus side, another 16 recovered.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sitting outside a pub in the middle of the Brisbane CBD. It feels like the first week of January.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who wants to trial for thekennel gridiron team?

We assemble one morning at Coles to hold out the crowd trying to stampede and then I'll go in and buy a pallet of toilet paper ..

The team keeps the mob off, to let me drive away and then I'll distribute to the team thereafter?

Who's in? Need big units who fight dirty if need be.
Why do you need toilet paper? You'd probably have a bigger stockpile than Coles and Woolies put together.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Stupid question: is it likely covid19 will hang around and become common like the flu, considering their similarities?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's your take on this?

Saw this the other day. Absolute idiocu
Not just from this guy, from the UK government. Should also point out that the UK government changed their minds on this plan after a stream of epidemiologists came out calling them idiots.

The guy is kind of right with the stream of exposure. Our government is following a similar concept with the "flatten the curve" concept. But you can't do that by deliberate exposure. The main issues you encounter:

- you can't lock up people after deliberately exposing them which means that they'll eventually spread it anyway

- it's not just killing old people as well. It kills much less young people but still kills them

- there's some evidence that the virus could cause permanent damage similar to smoking

Here's one of the epidemiologists

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...st-britain-herd-immunity-coronavirus-covid-19

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stupid question: is it likely covid19 will hang around and become common like the flu, considering their similarities?
Couldn't say for certain at this stage but that's the belief. Eventually we'll raise immunity to it then it'll just come back occasionally killing a much lower number of people.

A

Alexander the Great

That's what I thought at first also.
.are they really going to allow people to get sick on purpose and make the call to put things into action.

It had some valid points but couldn't get my head around that fact.
Saw this the other day. Absolute idiocu
Not just from this guy, from the UK government. Should also point out that the UK government changed their minds on this plan after a stream of epidemiologists came out calling them idiots.

The guy is kind of right with the stream of exposure. Our government is following a similar concept with the "flatten the curve" concept. But you can't do that by deliberate exposure. The main issues you encounter:

- you can't lock up people after deliberately exposing them which means that they'll eventually spread it anyway

- it's not just killing old people as well. It kills much less young people but still kills them

- there's some evidence that the virus could cause permanent damage similar to smoking

Here's one of the epidemiologists

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...st-britain-herd-immunity-coronavirus-covid-19

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's what I thought at first also.
.are they really going to allow people to get sick on purpose and make the call to put things into action.

It had some valid points but couldn't get my head around that fact.
Fortunately they canned the idea, but another country is planning to do it. Can't remember who. Maybe Norway or one of the other Nordic countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.