News Michael Lichaa prepared to answer Warriors’ SOS for historical loan system

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgotten hooker Michael Lichaa is the first player to put his hand up and answer an SOS from the Warriors in a bid to revive his NRL career.

Warriors boss Cameron George confirmed on Tuesday that the club is in the midst of finalising a “hit list” of rival offcuts in a bid to stay on the field.

It comes after The Daily Telegraph revealed the NRL’s radical plan of allowing the Warriors to loan players from rival clubs to ensure eight matches are played every weekend.

Lichaa is among a list of high-profile players who are without a club this season joining the likes of premiership winner Kyle Turner plus Josh Hoffman and Lloyd Perrett on the sidelines.

The ex-Canterbury and Cronulla hooker said he would welcome another crack at the NRL even if it was with a makeshift New Zealand team.

“I would never say never,” Lichaa said. “It’s a weird situation for everyone. It could be a good opportunity.

“If they still had some of their NRL players it could definitely work. Let’s see what happens.”

Lichaa, 26, has kept fit juggling his work as a foreman while keeping his NRL dream alive. He said he would need a few weeks to have his body primed for an NRL return.

“If I did three really hard weeks of training I would be all right,” Lichaa said. “It’s different training by yourself.

“You have to do contact. You don’t want to get injuries and play having done no contact.”

xed with those current Warriors who wish to stay in Australia and play out the rest of the season and those who are snapped up from rival clubs in search of an opportunity.

The Warriors players have only committed to remaining in Australia until the end of this round. As soon as they return home they will be quarantined for two weeks, immediately putting a halt to matches.

George said the prospect of loaning players was very real.

“We’ve got a hit list,” George said. “So we have been talking to a couple of clubs about some players that might be available under the circumstances and how that would look, for how long.

“But it’s a real possibility given the restrictions of travel. We can’t get people in there. ”There’s a real option for us to look at, it’s just working out who and where from.

“It’s a difficult one because if you’re a club and you’re happy to help out you’re not going to throw anyone out of your top bunch at us.

“The players we’ll be dealing with will be ones on the fringe not playing NRL.”

The NRL has already allowed the Warriors to use their development players without salary cap implications. They named Adam Keighran and Adam Pompey as replacements for outside backs

While Cameron indicated contingency plans were well developed in case players decided to go home, owner Mark Robinson said the players were happy to stay in Australia and play out the season.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...m/news-story/04464f43fd39c1c3de3abab2ffa95c37

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa's manager/brother still working hard I see

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This is so weird. This season is fucked.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgotten hooker Michael Lichaa is the first player to put his hand up and answer an SOS from the Warriors in a bid to revive his NRL career.

Warriors boss Cameron George confirmed on Tuesday that the club is in the midst of finalising a “hit list” of rival offcuts in a bid to stay on the field.

It comes after The Daily Telegraph revealed the NRL’s radical plan of allowing the Warriors to loan players from rival clubs to ensure eight matches are played every weekend.

Lichaa is among a list of high-profile players who are without a club this season joining the likes of premiership winner Kyle Turner plus Josh Hoffman and Lloyd Perrett on the sidelines.

The ex-Canterbury and Cronulla hooker said he would welcome another crack at the NRL even if it was with a makeshift New Zealand team.

“I would never say never,” Lichaa said. “It’s a weird situation for everyone. It could be a good opportunity.

“If they still had some of their NRL players it could definitely work. Let’s see what happens.”

Lichaa, 26, has kept fit juggling his work as a foreman while keeping his NRL dream alive. He said he would need a few weeks to have his body primed for an NRL return.

“If I did three really hard weeks of training I would be all right,” Lichaa said. “It’s different training by yourself.

“You have to do contact. You don’t want to get injuries and play having done no contact.”

xed with those current Warriors who wish to stay in Australia and play out the rest of the season and those who are snapped up from rival clubs in search of an opportunity.

The Warriors players have only committed to remaining in Australia until the end of this round. As soon as they return home they will be quarantined for two weeks, immediately putting a halt to matches.

George said the prospect of loaning players was very real.

“We’ve got a hit list,” George said. “So we have been talking to a couple of clubs about some players that might be available under the circumstances and how that would look, for how long.

“But it’s a real possibility given the restrictions of travel. We can’t get people in there. ”There’s a real option for us to look at, it’s just working out who and where from.

“It’s a difficult one because if you’re a club and you’re happy to help out you’re not going to throw anyone out of your top bunch at us.

“The players we’ll be dealing with will be ones on the fringe not playing NRL.”

The NRL has already allowed the Warriors to use their development players without salary cap implications. They named Adam Keighran and Adam Pompey as replacements for outside backs

While Cameron indicated contingency plans were well developed in case players decided to go home, owner Mark Robinson said the players were happy to stay in Australia and play out the season.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...m/news-story/04464f43fd39c1c3de3abab2ffa95c37
I never thought I'd feel sorry for another team but if the Warriors sign Lichshit no team deserve's that agony, ok maybe the rorters and storm should have a really shithouse player would be ok by me.

Reactions: jof

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never thought I'd feel sorry for another team but if the Warriors sign Lichshit no team deserve's that agony, ok maybe the rorters and storm should have a really shithouse player would be ok by me.
You know you're a shitcunt when a global emergency hits and the first thing you do is rub your hands together and think opportunity!!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You know you're a shitcunt when a global emergency hits and the first thing you do is rub your hands together and think opportunity!!
wtf I always think about the sex opportunity, right now im going stockpiling toilet paper and then giving it away to women for free hoping that they will be grateful and see what a great guy I am

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wtf I always think about the sex opportunity, right now im going stockpiling toilet paper and then giving it away to women for free hoping that they will be grateful and see what a great guy I am
I'll make an exemption for this, especially with a head like yours lol

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep the season going, Australia needs NRL right now, Lichaa still has something to offer.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the season going, Australia needs NRL right now, Lichaa still has something to offer.
True, even the worst and most overpriced goods are being stripped from the shelves

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm picturing something like this.

images.jpeg.jpg

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
my favourite line is "I would never say never" from lichaa

he would swim over there if they offered him a deal lol

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A roll for a roll?

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
this is going to be like the super league and 2002 season, a tainted premiership if it gets reduced

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know it's a global pandemic but surely no one's that desperate.

As usual it's all class from Lichaa.. Only he could turn this crisis into yet another story about him. Staying out of the limelight for six months must have been devastating for that ego of his.