Empty stadium

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who would've guessed , the dogs v cowboys in an empty stadium . I know we will loose cash but the club can afford it thanks to Canterbury leagues . My point it's a blessing in disguise being the 1st in NRL history , lot's of newspapers media outlets some from overseas showing the doggies brand to new customers in their bulletins etc .
Just need the lads smiling for the cameras and winning to top it off .
Corna 4 free advertising .

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Will be a strange one, but I think out of all the clubs to play behind closed doors, the bulldogs will probably handle it better as we done have a bunch of show pony’s that like to play it up for the crowd.

we just get on with our game with or without the fans in seats.. so yes, definitely will not make any difference to us in my opinion :grinning:

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't they just enforce a rule where everyone must wear gloves/suitable mask and spread out across the stadium? No one gets to sit within 3m of each other? Plenty of room in the stadium to spread out, after all it is a capacity of 80,000 and only 12000 or so will show up.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't they just enforce a rule where everyone must wear gloves/suitable mask and spread out across the stadium? No one gets to sit within 3m of each other? Plenty of room in the stadium to spread out, after all it is a capacity of 80,000 and only 12000 or so will show up.
All you need is a few to not follow the rules and they don’t know they have the virus and it’s spreads even more quickly. Think about how many people you’d need around the stadium to enforce the rules. It’s just not feasible to do it.

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
We won’t lose money. We make money for playing at the stadium. The club gets a set dollar amount because they need tenants to sell their advertising and their corporate boxes.
Playing empty saves money as we don’t need security we don’t need staff at the venue and every other cost that comes with game day

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Will be a strange one, but I think out of all the clubs to play behind closed doors, the bulldogs will probably handle it better as we done have a bunch of show pony’s that like to play it up for the crowd.

we just get on with our game with or without the fans in seats.. so yes, definitely will not make any difference to us in my opinion :grinning:
Our team has a lot of young guys with not many games, they realise that half the crowds never heard of them. So they just play for their careers and team mates.
It will be interesting watching it played behind closed doors though won’t it?
Will we hear the refs and players very clearly? Surely they will let us hear what the players are saying on the field. Only problem is the swearing.

Dogs by 8

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Public transport to and from games ppl may spread it, toilet breaks, lining up at stores,
I think the government is going to put us all in lockdown very soon which is the best thing for us all

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We won’t lose money. We make money for playing at the stadium. The club gets a set dollar amount because they need tenants to sell their advertising and their corporate boxes.
Playing empty saves money as we don’t need security we don’t need staff at the venue and every other cost that comes with game day
i thought we had to pay ANZ to play there? or is it the other way around? the figure i saw was $500,000 a game

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our team has a lot of young guys with not many games, they realise that half the crowds never heard of them. So they just play for their careers and team mates.
It will be interesting watching it played behind closed doors though won’t it?
Will we hear the refs and players very clearly? Surely they will let us hear what the players are saying on the field. Only problem is the swearing.

Dogs by 8
We will win this..!!

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be cancelling the entire season. And none of this bullshit measures they're doing. Like washing the ball when it goes out of play. It's all for show and does fuck all flatten the curve!

Money hungry fucks the NRL! " The game will die" bull fucking shit! Even if you lose money. Once it comes back people will be even more hyped and it will sell double!! Idiots!

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopefully NRL Dies and some billionaire starts another Rugby league comp

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
An away game, no fans calling out the referees for every perceived Bulldog infringement, and a cold night, might not inspire the Cowboys to perform at their best - especially if we turn up to win and apply pressure from the outset.

I'm still not confident we can pull this off, based on our inability to set up and score tries. If the Cowboys get a sniff, they have enough talent to rip us apart.
This is a game I really want to see us win.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should take the opportunity to get some players mic'd up, get to hear the on field communication, calls, sledging etc, would be very interesting.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should take the opportunity to get some players mic'd up, get to hear the on field communication, calls, sledging etc, would be very interesting.
You won't even need to mic them up you'll be able to hear everything that happens on the field. The games this weekend might need a course language warning before they start :tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Who would've guessed , the dogs v cowboys in an empty stadium . I know we will loose cash but the club can afford it thanks to Canterbury leagues . My point it's a blessing in disguise being the 1st in NRL history , lot's of newspapers media outlets some from overseas showing the doggies brand to new customers in their bulletins etc .
Just need the lads smiling for the cameras and winning to top it off .
Corna 4 free advertising .
We get paid to play at the stadium mate, that's why we're never going to leave there.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
i thought we had to pay ANZ to play there? or is it the other way around? the figure i saw was $500,000 a game
I always thought that we got paid to play there. We keep ticket sales and they keep the food/drink profit.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I always thought that we got paid to play there. We keep ticket sales and they keep the food/drink profit.
No, they take everything. The food stores are businesses that pay rent to the stadium. The stadium also take the gate takings. Then they give us a certain amount every round (guaranteed minimum). If we happen to get a very large crowd, eg 60,000, we then get bonuses from them because of this.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You are allowed 500 max (social gatherings) ?

If so let the members in FFS

Not that I can fly over