News Bulldogs coach Dean Pay the man to help Canterbury recover from scandal

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m no social media expert, but I’m sure you can follow & receive notifications whenever the individual posts. Given that some of our roster are lacking commonsense & have no right or wrong filter.
The Club really needs to address the culture issue,as much as it pains me to say it, heads need to roll the 2 players & both Price & Newton need to sacrificed. This has not been a good start for the current Board & management-inept comes to mind.
We’ll all know more within 48 hours I suspect and we can dissect from there.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m no social media expert, but I’m sure you can follow & receive notifications whenever the individual posts. Given that some of our roster are lacking commonsense & have no right or wrong filter.
The Club really needs to address the culture issue,as much as it pains me to say it, heads need to roll the 2 players & both Price & Newton need to sacrificed. This has not been a good start for the current Board & management-inept comes to mind.
Nothing was reported as being posted on their (the players) social media. According to reports it was one of the females plus a friend doing the posting. Expecting Price and Newton to monitor random female’s social media is a bit of an ask.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Whilst I'm not calling for Price or Newton or any official to be sacked, the buck must stop somewhere.

If the players have so little respect, or fear of consequences of sneaking females into rooms and not be found out or monitored, then there is clearly a problem. That problem needs to be acknowledged and dealt with as well because it is just as damning as the players doing it.

I see JO has worse than CHN but that is offering an opinion based on what hss been reported. There may be more to it.

The club and NRL need to be very considered in this judgement and even handed.

I am happy to go with the club's decision on the fate of the players and the officials, who were charged with the overall player well being and supervision.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst I'm not calling for Price or Newton or any official to be sacked, the buck must stop somewhere.

If the players have so little respect, or fear of consequences of sneaking females into rooms and not be found out or monitored, then there is clearly a problem. That problem needs to be acknowledged and dealt with as well because it is just as damning as the players doing it.
There is no doubt that they knew the Code of Conduct requirements, they get lectured on it endlessly. They also know full well the consequences if they got caught. It’s the common risk versus reward decision making process, probably with alcohol impairing their thinking, and the players took the risk.

I see JO has worse than CHN but that is offering an opinion based on what hss been reported. There may be more to it.
Agree, pretty confident that we know less than half the story. Okunbor does have some advantages, being younger and a clean skin. Plus from what we know they can’t charge him with anything different than CHN.

I have serious doubts that they will get a “fair trial”, it has too many overhyped titillating undertones, as a result the trial by media has already happened. The endless use of the term “schoolgirls” and branding it as a “sex scandal” has ensured that all logic has been thrown out of the window.

I am happy to go with the club's decision on the fate of the players and the officials, who were charged with the overall player well being and supervision.
I’m also happy to accept the clubs decision, but I am afraid that the NRL will exert undue influence based on some misguided belief that by making an example of us and this incident that it will show them in a better light. It has been blown up out of all proportion and hence the NRL will believe that they have to dish out an equally as blown up and out of proportion punishment.

Go Dogs

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing was reported as being posted on their (the players) social media. According to reports it was one of the females plus a friend doing the posting. Expecting Price and Newton to monitor random female’s social media is a bit of an ask.

Go Dogs
That’s incorrect. The full story will come out after the penalties.
Exchanges via Snapchat & Tinder
The Port Macquarie week was an opportunity for the Bulldogs to further develop relations with the North Coast catchment,
They were there as ambassadors of the Bulldogs in particular & the NRl generally.
These 2 utilised it as a “boy’s weekend away”

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Get rid of both of them and we can move forward. That will at least appeal to a new sponsor.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s incorrect. The full story will come out after the penalties. Exchanges via Snapchat & Tinder
Obsolutely, but at least one of the females bragged about the hook up which is when it was noticed and reported. As for the full story, I seriously doubt the NRL will want the real facts to be revealed, it would interfere with the spin they want to put on it in the attempt to justify the penalties they want dished out. The full story will only come out if the players decide to dispute it.

The Port Macquarie week was an opportunity for the Bulldogs to further develop relations with the North Coast catchment, They were there as ambassadors of the Bulldogs in particular & the NRl generally. These 2 utilised it as a “boy’s weekend away”
That and the loss of sponsors makes it so terrible and it could have been so easily avoided.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Get rid of both of them and we can move forward. That will at least appeal to a new sponsor.
Not if an injustice is done, if the appropriate explanations and details of the application of the penalties are made known then there is no need for the nuclear option.

The real issue is that it sets a huge precedent, it's not unusual for players to break the Code of Conduct, if this happens then they would all have to be sacked, every time.

Go Dogs

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not a Pay fan BUT I love what he has done with the defensive side of things with the "average" at best squad he has to work with. I'd like to see what Pay can do with some decent playmakers and a few other quality players before I join the bandwagon of "off with his head".
I know we aren't scoring any points but FFS everyone jizzes over Sherwin and probably rightly so, he was a freak but he is the current halves coach and so if he cant do anything with your current halves then who can?
At some point, the players have to also put their hands up and take responsibility.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People are acting a bit weird on here lately. How can anyone monitor 30 or 40 people 24/7?
The onus is on the people involved to do the right thing. They have failed to do that.
They should be censured. They should be fined. Justice must be seen to have been done.
I think the NRL CEO has an agenda against this club. Perhaps still butt hurt about being moved on.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a Pay fan BUT I love what he has done with the defensive side of things with the "average" at best squad he has to work with. I'd like to see what Pay can do with some decent playmakers and a few other quality players before I join the bandwagon of "off with his head".
I know we aren't scoring any points but FFS everyone jizzes over Sherwin and probably rightly so, he was a freak but he is the current halves coach and so if he cant do anything with your current halves then who can?
At some point, the players have to also put their hands up and take responsibility.
As it stands, Shifty is only being used on a part-time basis - he’s been waiting for amore dialogue re full time role since the commencement of Pre season.

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As it stands, Shifty is only being used on a part-time basis - he’s been waiting for amore dialogue re full time role since the commencement of Pre season.
I understand that I do and I love the guy as much as the next but the reality is even on a part-time basis as you've stated he has with our halves what has he managed to do in that time that thats improved our attack?
Pay is getting a lot of criticism as coaches do but I don't know that people comprehend how weak the roster he has at his disposal really is. I think up until now you'd have to give Pay at least a pass mark. He is basically walking into every gunfight with little to no ammunition in his weaponry.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that I do and I love the guy as much as the next but the reality is even on a part-time basis as you've stated he has with our halves what has he managed to do in that time that thats improved our attack?
Pay is getting a lot of criticism as coaches do but I don't know that people comprehend how weak the roster he has at his disposal really is. I think up until now you'd have to give Pay at least a pass mark. He is basically walking into every gunfight with little to no ammunition in his weaponry.
100% !Pay shows up to a gunfight with a knife week in week out & kudos to him, it demonstrates how much bottle the bloke has. Let’s not forget he starts with the least impressive roster in the NRL,loses his key playmaker before preseason even starts & has to now deal with having 2 players deregistered.
All 3 halves he has at his disposal would not make the cut at any other club...
You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% !Pay shows up to a gunfight with a knife week in week out & kudos to him, it demonstrates how much bottle the bloke has. Let’s not forget he starts with the least impressive roster in the NRL,loses his key playmaker before preseason even starts & has to now deal with having 2 players deregistered.
All 3 halves he has at his disposal would not make the cut at any other club...
That's why I'm trying to get across that maybe all things considered let's back OUR coach. Let's back our admin and most of all let's back our team. It's what we have for now and who knows how long into the future, so let's back them and see where this journey takes us because our roster is going to improve and with that our football will improve. Our foundation is strong again with our juniors blossoming once again and the cornerstone to success for the Bulldogs has always been a strong and successful junior base.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's why I'm trying to get across that maybe all things considered let's back OUR coach. Let's back our admin and most of all let's back our team. It's what we have for now and who knows how long into the future, so let's back them and see where this journey takes us because our roster is going to improve and with that our football will improve. Our foundation is strong again with our juniors blossoming once again and the cornerstone to success for the Bulldogs has always been a strong and successful junior base.
Na fuck him

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Not if an injustice is done, if the appropriate explanations and details of the application of the penalties are made known then there is no need for the nuclear option.

The real issue is that it sets a huge precedent, it's not unusual for players to break the Code of Conduct, if this happens then they would all have to be sacked, every time.

Go Dogs
The facts are clear. Sugar coating it or blowing sugar up its ass isn't going to make it taste sweeter I'm afraid.
Keeping CHN will only make it look like we are desperate to keep our star forward, which we are. Which inturn looks weak... We need to show strength and say to spo sers we do t stand for that shit no matter who the player is!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

If you can find a way to keep all pissed young guys, particularly footballers away from girls throwing themselves at them you’d get a Nobel prize

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The facts are clear. Sugar coating it or blowing sugar up its ass isn't going to make it taste sweeter I'm afraid.
Keeping CHN will only make it look like we are desperate to keep our star forward, which we are. Which inturn looks weak... We need to show strength and say to spo sers we do t stand for that shit no matter who the player is!
Personally I think we would be showing more strength by standing up to NRL if the punishment is ridiculously high, out of proportion to the acts committed and/or don’t relate to penalties handed out to other teams’ players for similar offences.

Go Dogs