Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Harper should be given the start at centre. Fmd pay and his knuckle head decisions. Is harper off contract at the end of this season? We have a shit junior retention record.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Averillo in for a debut, that’s good news. Harper should be in there for a run also.!!!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Crichton was a surprise round one selection after Okunbor was dropped as he was seemingly out of favour most of last year

He didn’t do much wrong last week but would prefer Harper in and push Remis back to wing

FatDogSlim

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope averillo can come into the halves to replace Lewis late in the game and give us some spark. Similar to what we did with thurston in 04

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crichton was a surprise round one selection after Okunbor was dropped as he was seemingly out of favour most of last year

He didn’t do much wrong last week but would prefer Harper in and push Remis back to wing
I would like Harper in the team also but it looks like dean is going to give Remis a fair shot in that position
He has probably been training the entire off season as a centre

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
cowboys defence was poor last week so we might score a try

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should push Elliott to the left edge and start To'omaga/RFM through the middle. Either bring Stimson off the bench later and push Elliott to the middle or have Ogden replace Stimson because Stimson really looks off the pace.
Should sack Pay for still not playing an attacking hooker.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL - Round 2

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v North Queensland Cowboys
ANZ Stadium, Sydney
Kick off 8:05 pm Thursday 19th March

TV Coverage - Nine and Foxsports
Tickets - NA

Bulldogs

1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
2. Nick Meaney
3. Reimis Smith
4. Will Hopoate
5. Christian Crichton
6. Brandon Wakeham
7. Lachlan Lewis
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Dylan Napa
11. Josh Jackson
12. Joe Stimson
13. Adam Elliott

14. Dean Britt
15. Renouf To’omaga
16. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
17. Jake Averillo

19. Ofahiki Ogden
20. Morgan Harper
21. Sione Katoa
22. Jack Cogger

Cowboys

1. Valentine Holmes
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Justin O'Neill
4. Esan Marsters
5. Ben Hampton
6. Scott Drinkwater
7. Michael Morgan
8. Josh Mcguire
9. Jake Granville
10. Jordan McLean
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Coen Hess
13. Jason Taumalolo

14. Reece Robson
15. John Asiata
16. Mitchell Dunn
17. Francis Molo

18. Corey Jensen
19. Shane Wright
20. Tom Opacic
21. Jake Clifford

Referees: Adam Gee, Chris Butler;Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis, Matt Noyen;
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Beau Scott;

Bulldogs all time record v Cowboys
41 played 23 wins 16 losses 2 draws

Bulldogs record at ANZ
243 played 132 wins 102 losses 9 draws

Last meeting
Round 24, 2019 Bulldogs 8 Cowboys 15
Our win for the taking , cowboys won’t fire under green , spoke to a few people including Ethan Lowe he said no one likes green and does it make sense considering their team is bloody good but won’t gel. Dogs 1-12

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope averillo can come into the halves to replace Lewis late in the game and give us some spark. Similar to what we did with thurston in 04
Better off shifting DWZ to the centres and playing Averillo at FB who plays quick and can certainly ball play.

Let Wakeham play chief playmaker for atleast the first half and just let Lewis do his thing taking the long kicks and defend like hell.

If Pay plays Katoa then there is another attacking threat from the ruck too.

Pay is a dick.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Our win for the taking , cowboys won’t fire under green , spoke to a few people including Ethan Lowe he said no one likes green and does it make sense considering their team is bloody good but won’t gel. Dogs 1-12
We Cowboys supporters don’t really like him either (well most of us anyway) and want him gone. Me thinks it will only be a matter of time before Greeny is gone. The question is, who will replace him - don’t know if there are any decent coaches available at the moment

run1500

Waterboy
Reaction score
Harper should be given the start at centre. Fmd pay and his knuckle head decisions. Is harper off contract at the end of this season? We have a shit junior retention record.
I dont believe Pay will put Harper in. Should he - most definitely. Shit I reckon he should have been in FG last year. YEP he is off contract at end of season and if I was him I'd be gone in a heartbeat if it meant I got to play FG. He deserves to he in FG for sure.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I dont believe Pay will put Harper in. Should he - most definitely. Shit I reckon he should have been in FG last year. YEP he is off contract at end of season and if I was him I'd be gone in a heartbeat if it meant I got to play FG. He deserves to he in FG for sure.
He got a crack last year and didn't disappoint, especially the last game. Hopefully pay will make adjustments sooner than later. Smith is a good winger and average centre.

Last edited:

run1500

Waterboy
Reaction score
We got a crack last year and didn't disappoint, especially the last game. Hopefully pay will make adjustments sooner than later. Smith is a good winger and average centre.
Yeah he did and he played bloody well. I just think it was a shame it didnt come earlier. Just my opinion. Would be a bloody shame to lose him.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
cowboys defence was poor last week so we might score a try
We got the defense right, maybe a couple of well chased grubbers communicated behind the line will help our cause.
Our forwards stood up so lets feed off it, second phase not tackle count wastage.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We Cowboys supporters don’t really like him either (well most of us anyway) and want him gone. Me thinks it will only be a matter of time before Greeny is gone. The question is, who will replace him - don’t know if there are any decent coaches available at the moment
Anthony griffin? Guy is under rated imo, other than himself not many coaches out there who could offer much but a team like that has Kevin Walters name written all over it

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anthony griffin? Guy is under rated imo, other than himself not many coaches out there who could offer much but a team like that has Kevin Walters name written all over it
Jesus!!!! I'd rather keep green than have Walters, fuck he nearly burst into tears over origin, he'd be a blubbering mess every week as a NRL coach.

I'm prepared to concede this match, we're down 2 hours before & leaving straight after, no way our heads are in the Game, shit our captain is on the record saying he wants the season suspended.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah I'm pretty sure Lewis was born with the shit havles virus.
Just seen on the news that Lewis just tested positive to the being shit halves virus