Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 days ago we were at 300 cases in Australia. We're now at 440 cases. Australia is still doing well but it's exponential so we should fully expect it to keep drastically exploding.
Problems is that they can't test everyone both my son and I have all systoms they won't test unless we have travel oversea or unless we have know to come contact with someone know to have it. The government guidelines is indifinte sick leave certificate until proven healthy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends on how much you guys are testing though? How long ago was your first confirmed case inside of Australia?

In Slovenia it's slowed down remarkably but we're not testing a majority of people. If they display symptoms then they're sent home for self-quarantine for 2 weeks and that's it, but the case isn't recorded because it wasn't tested. Find it stupid personally.
Same thing in Australia. We're probably missing at least 80% of the cases.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Problems is that they can't test everyone both my son and I have all systoms they won't test unless we have travel oversea or unless we have know to come contact with someone know to have it. The government guidelines is indifinte sick leave certificate until proven healthy.
Symptoms being fever, cough and trouble breathing?

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DOOM BREAK

I wonder how many coronababies will be born 9 months after the lock down?
None in my house hold 2 is enough for me. Probably none with all the paranoid fucks don’t touch me you could give me the carona virus babe I’ll wear a condom oh ok then hahahahaha.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just been forwarded/shared this voice recording on Whatsapp. And sharing what was said.

"Hey I've just come out of the AFK briefing for Covid-19.
The Shadow Minister for health has briefed that from Thursday the 19th, that's this Thursday.
Will move to phase 2 of the contingency planning for Covid-19.
This means that schools, major blue-chip companies, will need to enforce mandatory shut down for all stakeholders, as per standard duty of care policies in place since the bill 456 was passed in parliament last November.
I don't want anyone to panic, just wanted to give you guys the heads up"

There was another voice recording that was also forwarded to me via whatsapp. A similar story but announcement will happen Wednesday to enforce the following day the 19th.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This might help
upload_2020-3-17_18-58-56.jpeg

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just been forwarded/shared this voice recording on Whatsapp. And sharing what was said.

"Hey I've just come out of the AFK briefing for Covid-19.
The Shadow Minister for health has briefed that from Thursday the 19th, that's this Thursday.
Will move to phase 2 of the contingency planning for Covid-19.
This means that schools, major blue-chip companies, will need to enforce mandatory shut down for all stakeholders, as per standard duty of care policies in place since the bill 456 was passed in parliament last November.
I don't want anyone to panic, just wanted to give you guys the heads up"

There was another voice recording that was also forwarded to me via whatsapp. A similar story but announcement will happen Wednesday to enforce the following day the 19th.
You're friendly neighborhood Assassin mentioned this in the morning ;)

I got you fam, my sources have been pretty on point so far. I'll pass on anything I hear.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

I got you fam, my sources have been pretty on point so far. I'll pass on anything I hear.
I must have missed it listening to the actual recording sounded legit, I mean he sounded legit.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To be clear ... this came out a day after it was widely reported that Trump approached a German company for the rights to their work on a Coronavirus vacine and for exclusive rights to it. Not sure this is entirely true ...
And yep I heard that story..just thought this wasn’t some wild crazy prediction considering it’s time frame is 18 months.. plus things like remdesivir has been bandied around quite a lot..anyway time will too.. And again the article hasn’t made any outlandish statements..

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Hi my friend.

Had a meeting with the principal of the primary school that I volunteer at and as from tomorrow I am denied access due to the current corona virus situation. ALL off site workers ; volunteers, scripture teachers and in our schools case, builders, who are currently refurbishing parts of the school cannot enter DOE premises until all clear is given. Strictly salaried DOE employees and children only.Since Monday our student attendance figures have taken a hit with most classes less than two thirds of their normal capacity down from even yesterday, with parents admitting it is the current situation, not actual illness that is the cause. Parents are on the list too and minimal entrance by them is also enforced. The usual sanitising stations at the front door and no admission to the grounds except via the office. As far as she told me there is day to day ,hour to hour assessment of the situation and when questioned about possible total closure was cagey. Daughter who is at high school has already been given the indication that on line schooling will begin sooner rather than later.

She was extremely apologetic about it all and could not make an exception for me even though I am a " working" volunteer, if that makes sense, on the transitioning to retirement through centrelink whereby I need to complete 30 hours per week as a condition for a benefit. Can ill afford to lose it and will see Centrelink to discuss. That scares me a bit but unfortunately a lot of others will be facing similar things if small businesses are forced to close or downgrade for a time. What about mortgages and rent? Medical and day to day bills?

I hate being idle but will have the opportunity to now tend to things that have been a trifle neglected at home. You know what they say...when life throws you a lemon make lemonade....will be doing a bit of that I guess.

Heard today that we now have more confirmed cases at a nursing home in town . No announcements that I can see anywhere but I don't doubt it because it took a while for the admission of our first case occurring last week. I see now on the news that a 60 year old woman has been admitted to Manning base hospital as a confirmed case. Pretty scary in such a small area that we are seeing more than just a few cases.
Will keep an eye on your posts as you have given some pretty spot on info thus far.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know how the general population of the planet reacted when WW2 broke out. There was a lot more poverty and people were dealing with rations. But it was never a “holy crap, the sky is falling” type of situation. Not that I’ve learned anyway.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I would like to know how the general population of the planet reacted when WW2 broke out. There was a lot more poverty and people were dealing with rations. But it was never a “holy crap, the sky is falling” type of situation. Not that I’ve learned anyway.
Heck they were happy when WWI broke out!

Status
Not open for further replies.